Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They can run it until theyre ready to animate Shuudan.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Maybe this means Jump will finally give up on trying to get a new soccer manga to stick /s
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
This could explain the Captain Tsubasa's reference in recent Haikyuu chapter. Either Furudate knows things beforehand, or they just has really good timing.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Do people view sports manga the same as popular genres like battle shonens and romances or...? Cause I'm still looking for reasons on why anyone would get worked up over that genre, a-soon-to-be canceled one at that.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Sports is a popular genre, more than romance, I'd say.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Probably right but I don't ever see people outside of Japan getting hype over sports series. People over here just want cool battles and cute girls doing cute things.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Probably right but I don't ever see people outside of Japan getting hype over sports series. People over here just want cool battles and cute girls doing cute things.
Did you miss the western hype for free and haikyuu and yuri on ice? We love hardcore sports.
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
Probably right but I don't ever see people outside of Japan getting hype over sports series. People over here just want cool battles and cute girls doing cute things.
You probably mean people in the West, cause in East and SE Asia, sports anime/manga have been all the rage.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Lol, I like sports manga way more than battle at this point in my life and I don't even follow organized sports,
Love that sense of camaraderie, the hype, the character focus.
 
Last edited:

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Speaking of sports anime and manga, I remember I used to hate the sports genre until Kuroko's anime started coming out in 2012 and ever since then I've loved sports anime and manga. I still don't care for actual real life sports though.

Edit: Kuroko also revitalized and helped popularize the genre in the West. Then Haikyu got an anime as well and that also helped to make the genre more popular than it ever was.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Yeh, sports is my favorite genre, absolutely dope. Hot blooded as hell with some great characters (usually not the MC though). I don't see why people would watch rl sport when it's so tame and boring :teehee.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Do any stage events get streamed from Jump Festa?
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Oricon: Dec 4-10
406366 *411296 Haikyu!! 29
139671 *140431 Black Clover 14
128779 *130385 Gintama 71
*88438 **89077 Kimetsu no Yaiba 9
*61273 **61678 Robot X LASERBEAM 3
*58755 **59052 We Never Learn 4
*48180 **48507 Dr. Stone 3
*33895 2201180 One Piece 87
*23328 **23503 Karada Sagashi 16
*19388 **19570 Blue Flag 3
*18197 **18347 Aharen-san wa Hakarenai 2
*16071 **16258 Cross Account 2
------------
*14356 *514260 MHA 16
*11851 **11851 Akuma no Memumemu-chan 4
*11198 **11198 Hungry Marie 3
*11070 **11070 Hungry Marie 4
*10575 *291261 Dragon Ball Super 4
*10406 *276148 The Promised Neverland 6
*10267 *689224 Haikyu!! 28
**9023 *233744 Black Clover 13
**8709 *161795 Dragon Ball Yamcha 1
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What v13 BLack Clover came back? Incredible

Is Dr Stone not growing?
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
What v13 BLack Clover came back? Incredible

Is Dr Stone not growing?
Is this full week?
Also Dr Stone v3 do worse than v2 the next Black Clover I see
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Did you miss the western hype for free and haikyuu and yuri on ice? We love hardcore sports.
Yuri on Ice was a mistake, never should of happened. I learned of what Haikyuu was last year so wouldn't know but heard the anime adaptation is nothing but full of praise.

Lol, I like sports manga way more than battle at this point in my life and I don't even follow organized sports,
Love that sense of camaraderie, the hype, the character focus.
I'm hip you guys love that sumo series and I don't know too much about it. I've always been big on bonds between characters, character development, and most importantly hype for what's next and being entertained by the adventure or drama. But be real, can you honestly say, without a doubt in your mind, gun to your head, that watching VOLLEYBALL or GOLF is more hype than All Might vs. AFO or Hisoka vs. Chrollo? If yes, I just gotta know why.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How is RobotxLaserbeam vol 3 doing if you compare with vol 2?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Oricon: Dec 4-10
406366 *411296 Haikyu!! 29
139671 *140431 Black Clover 14
128779 *130385 Gintama 71
*88438 **89077 Kimetsu no Yaiba 9
*61273 **61678 Robot X LASERBEAM 3
*58755 **59052 We Never Learn 4
*48180 **48507 Dr. Stone 3
*33895 2201180 One Piece 87
*23328 **23503 Karada Sagashi 16
*19388 **19570 Blue Flag 3
*18197 **18347 Aharen-san wa Hakarenai 2
*16071 **16258 Cross Account 2
------------
*14356 *514260 MHA 16
*11851 **11851 Akuma no Memumemu-chan 4
*11198 **11198 Hungry Marie 3
*11070 **11070 Hungry Marie 4
*10575 *291261 Dragon Ball Super 4
*10406 *276148 The Promised Neverland 6
*10267 *689224 Haikyu!! 28
**9023 *233744 Black Clover 13
**8709 *161795 Dragon Ball Yamcha 1
Well, looks like that wrap around jacket band thing on Bokuben worked really well?

By the way how's Black Torch doing?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did you miss the western hype for free and haikyuu and yuri on ice? We love hardcore sports.
Haikyuu gets next to no hype here in the west considering how big it is in Japan. After a year now I can safely say that YOI popularity had very little to do with ice skating and more so to what it represents in this current age of fandom.
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think this is the point I wanted to get across: sports series to me were always something of a light read, something that was never meant to be taken seriously. If someone won a match you go "yay" if they lose you go "eh whatever". Nothing in there should trigger you vice versa you shouldn't get triggered on anything in there. But truthfully it might be cause I'm a product of my environment. I mean, I'm American and found about anime growing up the same way like most people in my country did, through Toonami and 4Kids dub. You had the Sailor Moons, Big 3, DBZs, Pokemons, Yugiohs, Zatch Bells, Gundams, Kenshins, Inuyushas, YYH, etc. I don't ever remember any sports series cause maybe CartoonNetwork never thought kids would care for that stuff, I damn sure wouldn't when I was a kid. The landscape has definitely changed from 2004 to 2017 so I'll give you that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top