- Joined
- Aug 23, 2013
- Messages
- 14,079
- Reaction score
- 6,938
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Reasonable explanation for no jump festa presence is there was no pv or teaser to show in time.
Seems plausible. Though then again, Black Clover got an announcement at JF and didn't reveal anything but the studio there.Reasonable explanation for no jump festa presence is there was no pv or teaser to show in time.
The best thing about TPN illustrations is the composition. A mix between dark and innocence. Posuka is very creative in that regard. But in the last covers and CP everything was too... normal. Far from bad, but also far from great.What are you talking about, the cover and last color page looked great? What do you want specifically? xD
In almost every announce they made they literally on had splash images of the manga to confirm that there's an anime in the works. They probably just didn't care.Reasonable explanation for no jump festa presence is there was no pv or teaser to show in time.
I mean, not every TPN illustration has to have a dark feel to it, Posuka probably decided to mix it up a little bit, she can't have every illustration for TPN to have a hint of darkness. Maybe she's trying to convey a sense of hope with the latest cover, a little bit of stability after all the despair. The last color page was holiday themed and I think there was also something similar last year, that was also lighthearted.The best thing about TPN illustrations is the composition. A mix between dark and innocence. Posuka is very creative in that regard. But in the last covers and CP everything was too... normal. Far from bad, but also far from great.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It will most likely start airing in 2018. I don't think other sports series will matter anyway, you can't really stop other shows from being produced. Even if the anime starts airing in late 2018-early 2019 like you want it to, you can't know if those months won't be filled up with other sports anime or not.When do we think HZ's gonna air? I'd much prefer late 2018-early 2019, since otherwise it's gonna be drown out by other sports series.
Weekly Sales (12/18-12/24)49327 *571449 ハ
22451 2247761 O
20457 *203018 ブ
17673 **17673 O 総
16569 *179569 銀
-
12015 *301502 約6
11081 *440207 約1
11075 *537078 僕
10911 *121640 鬼
*9862 *416401 約2
*9099 *341000 約5
*9049 *385128 約3
*8452 *365567 約4
*8325 **86339 R
Wow! The Neverland Kono Sugoi boost is still going really strong! Good to see Kimetsu get to the 120k mark.Weekly Sales (12/18-12/24)
49327 *571449 Haikyuu 29
22451 2247761 One Piece 87
20457 *203018 Black Clover 14
17673 **17673 O 総 - don't know what this is
16569 *179569 Gintama 71
-
12015 *301502 Neverland 6
11081 *440207 Neverland 1
11075 *537078 MHA 16
10911 *121640 Kimetsu 9
*9862 *416401 Neverland 2
*9099 *341000 Neverland 5
*9049 *385128 Neverland 3
*8452 *365567 Neverland 4
*8325 **86339 RxL 3
From Vol 11Wow! The Neverland Kono Sugoi boost is still going really strong! Good to see Kimetsu get to the 120k mark.
Edit: I don't know, are those good numbers for Black Clover? How's the anime boost going for it?
Black Clover had a special episode (by studio Xebec) screened at Jump Festa that time.Seems plausible. Though then again, Black Clover got an announcement at JF and didn't reveal anything but the studio there.
The "A mix between dark and innocence" was just an example of composition. Even when it comes to a more cheerful mood she could be more inventive than "all the kids sitting and smiling". But, anyway, I've always liked the CPs more. The covers have always been pretty basic.I mean, not every TPN illustration has to have a dark feel to it, Posuka probably decided to mix it up a little bit, she can't have every illustration for TPN to have a hint of darkness. Maybe she's trying to convey a sense of hope with the latest cover, a little bit of stability after all the despair. The last color page was holiday themed and I think there was also something similar last year, that was also lighthearted.
You have a point. I agree, the color pages have been pretty awesome overall and I also liked them more than the covers. And I also agree about the covers, there are I would say 2 that are absolutely breathtaking and the rest are fine for the most part.The "A mix between dark and innocence" was just an example of composition. Even when it comes to a more cheerful mood she could be more inventive than "all the kids sitting and smiling". But, anyway, I've always liked the CPs more. The covers have always been pretty basic.
It's the first time BC broke the 200k mark while still being in the Top 50. But with 3 weeks and 14 volumes I don't know if that's so good.Edit: I don't know, are those good numbers for Black Clover? How's the anime boost going for it?
I think itll be a fall animeWhen do we think HZ's gonna air? I'd much prefer late 2018-early 2019, since otherwise it's gonna be drown out by other sports series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What do the numbers on the left mean?Weekly Sales (12/18-12/24)
49327 *571449 Haikyuu 29
22451 2247761 One Piece 87
20457 *203018 Black Clover 14
17673 **17673 O 総 - don't know what this is
16569 *179569 Gintama 71
-
12015 *301502 Neverland 6
11081 *440207 Neverland 1
11075 *537078 MHA 16
10911 *121640 Kimetsu 9
*9862 *416401 Neverland 2
*9099 *341000 Neverland 5
*9049 *385128 Neverland 3
*8452 *365567 Neverland 4
*8325 **86339 RxL 3
It's good but not so good I think?It's the first time BC broke the 200k mark while still being in the Top 50. But with 3 weeks and 14 volumes I don't know if that's so good.
For comparison:
- World Trigger broke the 200k mark the first time with 4 weeks of sales for it's 9th volume
- Shokugeki no Soma broke the 200k mark the first time with 2 weeks of sales for it's 2nd volume
- Boku no Hero Academia broke the 200k mark the first time with 2 weeks of sales for it's 2nd volume
- The Promised Neverland broke the 200k mark the first time with 3 weeks of sales for it's 4th volume
So, BC is a successful series, but it probably should've been doing better at this point? That's my conclusion.
I would guess it's doing ok, but not even close to what the editors hoped for. They wanted BC to become the next Naruto (whatever that means), but so far it's sales aren't even a fraction of Naruto's and it's "popularity" in the west is meager.It's good but not so good I think?
They are the number of sales last week; the ones on the right are total sales.I think itll be a fall anime
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What do the numbers on the left mean?
I agree with you, and like I said, I'm expecting and hoping for a TV Anime too. Just saying that we can be surprised.Speaking of Jump Festa, if it really just was an OVA, they truly would've only announced that there, don't you think? It wouldn't make sense for it to be a movie. It has enough material to work with, Saiki also took a long time to get an anime and it was a TV series, same for Ass Class. Sure, both Saiki and Ass Class were more successful than HZ, but HZ is still a series from WSJ like those two. OK, let's say it is only an OVA, from what I remember, every WSJ series that got an OVA adaptation first did eventually get a TV anime.