- Joined
- Apr 12, 2016
- Messages
- 4,125
- Reaction score
- 5,841
- Country
-
Most likely cour than long running. Long running is too risky when you look at HZ's current sales.
Most likely cour than long running. Long running is too risky when you look at HZ's current sales.
Well a lot of people’s Kevin this thread were saying they expect Toei to get it. And if Toei got it it would probably be long running. That’s why I brought it upI dont know why theyd make it long running. Speaking only of sports, Its significantly shorter than the long running ace of diamond was so I dont think zumou has that many chapters for that.
Itd make more sense to follow the shonen jump broiler plate of 26 episode sports seriea like recent generation upstarts haikyuu and kurobas.
All out had an incredible character designer. I hadnt realized buff boys could be so hot before that. I wish we got more.I hope it's the combo Madhouse + TMS that will get it, because they did that All Out!! anime that also has buff boys and not so great manga sales. I'll be satisfied with that level of animation.
That's the ideal scenario, I'll be so happy if we got I.G. People are fine with Madhouse and TMS because they recently made All Out and that had buff guys playing rugby for two cours and because the aesthetic style would fit HZ.Why do people want Madhouse as their wish list? Awful choice when there's production IG. Plus it'll most likely be successful in their hands.
Maybe the same staff as HQ would be good, idk. I want a narrator too.
That would be great as well, to top it off, make it have 50-75 episodes like ace of Diamond.Madhouse x production ig, as Miley cyrus says, the best of both worlds. Everyone will be happy like ace of diamond.
Have you even seen Free? Buff boys are hot.All out had an incredible character designer. I hadnt realized buff boys could be so hot before that. I wish we got more.
Production IG has a perennial problem of using too many panning stills in their sports series, which worked out fine for KnB and HQ due to excellent animation direction (they did animate a magnificent fist pump at the expense of volleyball action), but didn't really do either Ace of Diamond (the stills really get frustrating after 30 episodes) or the New Prince of Tennis justice (again, they spent all of their budget on animating a guy pushing up his glasses instead of tennis), and completely failed Welcome to the Ballroom (the first cour is truly dancing on powerpoint). Moreover, given the dynamics of sumo matches, panning stills may very much cut the flows of the action and ruin the hypes, no matter how beautiful and wonderfully detailed they are.Why do people want Madhouse as their wish list? Awful choice when there's production IG. Plus it'll most likely be successful in their hands.
Maybe the same staff as HQ would be good, idk. I want a narrator too.
I feel like you're nitpicking a lot considerimg the current landscape for sports anime manga adaptations. I.G are currently the ones that have consistently delivered high quality sports series that have been consistent visually. I really enjoyed their work on Ballroom, Haikyu and Kuroko, all had overall great adaptations. I'm not a fan of baseball, but I did watch the first season of AoD and it looked great when it came to the visual presentation, especially the colors and the consistency were there. Realistically speaking who would do a better job than I.G?Have you even seen Free? Buff boys are hot.
Production IG has a perennial problem of using too many panning stills in their sports series, which worked out fine for KnB and HQ due to excellent animation direction (they did animate a magnificent fist pump at the expense of volleyball action), but didn't really do either Ace of Diamond (the stills really get frustrating after a while) or the New Prince of Tennis justice (again, they spent all of their budget on animating a guy pushing up his glasses instead of tennis), and completely failed Welcome to the Ballroom (the first cour is truly dancing on powerpoint). Moreover, given the dynamics of sumo matches, panning stills may very much cut the flows of the action and ruin the hypes, no matter how beautiful and wonderfully detailed they are.
However, on the other hand, we might have Toei... Their last sumo anime is... interesting.
Madhouse (and MAPPA) actually did really well with Hajime no Ippo: Rising (it's severely underrated). Do check it out; they animate the actions and atmosphere of combat sports very well. Combat sports have completely different dynamics from ball sports and dancing. Just because Production IG gets volleyball and basketball right, it doesn't mean they get all sports rights.I feel like you're nitpicking a lot considerimg the current landscape for sports anime manga adaptations. I.G are currently the ones that have consistently delivered high quality sports series that have been consistent visually. I really enjoyed their work on Ballroom, Haikyu and Kuroko, all had overall great adaptations. I'm not a fan of baseball, but I did watch the first season of AoD and it looked great when it came to the visual presentation, especially the colors and the consistency were there. Realistically speaking who would do a better job than I.G?
It really depends on the animators' approach to be honest. If they stick too close to the manga, we would end up with lots of closeups and stills and long flashback sequences (which killed the very first episode of Dive! by the way) due to the amount of introspection during the matches, which really would cut the hype of the matches instantly. Sumo also is not as dynamic as other combat sports, say boxing or karate, which means that a too drawn out match can get really boring. Sumo is really tricky, it's fast and slow at the same time: a match can be over in an instance, but there are not that many visually arresting actions building up to the few absolutely golden moments..Quick question regarding Zumo's anime after browsing through one of the "action" chapters, how well do you think they'll translate into the motion driven medium anime since real sumo matches last no longer then 2 minutes at most, considering all you need to do to win is get a ring out or knock/push someone to the ground, I saw that there dialogue heavy do you think some of that will be cut or have the "action" moments be drawn-out also how is the main character allowed to participate if he's short the minimal height you need to be is 5'8" (1.73 m) and he's 4'9" (1.52 m)? Let it be known I don't read it so if the chapter I previewed isn't normal.
Because so many people don't actually follow Madhouse's current output and only knows them for one series that they did years ago. Hell not even MAPPA is a good choice given how poorly done their recent adaptations have been. Sadly I don't think I.G. is an ideal choice either given how poorly received Ballroom was and given the fact that Zumo isn't exactly Haikyuu or Kuroko level popularity they won't take a chance at it. I think you guys need to start aiming low for this or else you're going to end up disappointed. The fact that they didn't even bother to announce this at Jump Festa makes me believe this is going to be a fairly low key adaptation unless the studio behind is very passionate about it we might be looking at another Toei shitshow.Why do people want Madhouse as their wish list? Awful choice when there's production IG. Plus it'll most likely be successful in their hands.
Maybe the same staff as HQ would be good, idk. I want a narrator too.
One Punch Man was rather recent, and All Out was pretty decent, it's got some pretty good movement too. MAPPA's got massive production problems, but Yuri on ice gives it a pretty good reputation among fujos, and they do get it right from time to time.Because so many people don't actually follow Madhouse's current output and only knows them for one series that they did years ago. Hell not even MAPPA is a good choice given how poorly done their recent adaptations have been. Sadly I don't think I.G. is an ideal choice either given how poorly received Ballroom was and given the fact that Zumo isn't exactly Haikyuu or Kuroko level popularity they won't take a chance at it. I think you guys need to start aiming low for this or else you're going to end up disappointed. The fact that they didn't even bother to announce this at Jump Festa makes me believe this is going to be a fairly low key adaptation unless the studio behind is very passionate about it we might be looking at another Toei shitshow.
From 5ch post guy. So no early tocs/info from him for Jump #06.やっぱり駄目だったよ