to all the people that are saying BB is the best new Jump manga in a while
is it better than Shudan? be honest
Well, Shudan got axed after 4 volumes so maybe it wasn't that good either or it was actually a great manga with a really unfortunate fate in the hectic WSJ. I only read the first chapter and I really liked it, but I put it aside in case it would get axed, which did happen, since you never know with WSJ and this manga always seemed in a bad position in terms of survival because of its nature, the odds were really against it sadly. If Shueisha really wanted a new soccer manga, maybe they should've put this one somewhere else.
Now that I think about it, I waited for about 30 chapters of Kimetsu no Yaiba to come out to be sure I wouldn't be devastated if it got axed after I really fell in love with it when it started out. I did the same with Neverland, but I only waited for about 13 chapters since the survival for it looked more than certain. I would've been devastated if any of these two had a short lived life in the magazine.
Do you think Shudan is worth reading all the way through even after it's unfortunate fate?
The conclusion is, don't get invested into something from WSJ unless it's survival is somewhat guaranteed or if it seems like it has a chance after 20-30 chapters are out. (If you really like that manga)
Anyway, I finally read Bozebeats.
Overall, I think this has potential, like I did sense when I looked over the raws. I think the art is pretty nice, I think the author is doing a pretty good job considering he's a rookie, so let's see if he can keep up and also improve, I like that he still uses cute pout faces and he also does a nice job at giving the characters cool expressions and making them look bad-ass in action scenes, though his action panels do need some more polish and overall his close-up shots of faces tend to have a decent amount of impact and leave an impression but not always.
I thought the whole raised by animals in nature idea to be really cool, it's a concept you don't see that often in manga, sure it's nothing we haven't heard before, but I feel like it's an easy way to give the mc some eccentric weird character traits right off the bat and it will also be a reason why he'll be really fit and strong. Or the author will completely waste this idea and shove it aside since the mc can talk and understands speech
The whole cellphone technology barcode thing and scene did kind of bother me, a lot, since technology used in questionable ways irks me in anime and manga, so hopefully we get the tech explained in this, I really need this to happen, I'm not asking for a detailed scientific explanation, but I need to know how this system works and how it merges with the spiritual aspect. Maybe I wouldn't care about this that much usually, but it seems like technologhy is going to be a really crucial part in the story. (edit: in case you're confused what I meant by the cellphone barcode thing, I meant the face tattoo moment I suppose)
I don't know how to feel about the end of the chapter, I feel like things can easily go downhill from here on out, I wish we would've seen more of the cool monk guy, but maybe we will in the future.
A lot things can go really wrong here, it can easily take a direction that I won't be that into. I came to the conclusion that I really probably like exorcist shounen manga more than I realized xD. I personally felt like this had more potential than Cross Account, Shudan, Golem Hearts and Full Drive, but I'm not going to say that I'm super invested into it yet and I feel like I can easily lose my interest in this.
Since I'm not invested into this too much, maybe I'll continue following it weekly, but I don't really feel like I have the drive to read more right now.