- Joined
- Dec 4, 2014
- Messages
- 1,763
- Reaction score
- 1,582
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Act Age is literally only 2 places above it but Act Age is safe? I don't care that much about either but we gotta stop the bias
It is not bias, it is just logic based on people's feelings about both series. People really found Act-Age interesting and the chapters I read, the three first chapters, at least were consistent in terms of quality in my opinion. Now Bozebeats was a different story, the first chapter was good, I liked it, but the second and third was rather boring so seeing that even the first chapter made it stay near from bottom 5, the next chapters can be even worse.Act Age is literally only 2 places above it but Act Age is safe? I don't care that much about either but we gotta stop the bias
I agree so far. I wouldn't call Act-Age safe just yet, but I think a decent amount of people thought it could instantly flop, so they were pleased to not see it at the bottom. People may also be treating it a bit differently since it doesn't have that much competition genre-wise within WSJ. In a similar way of how WSJ evaluates its comedies differently and is more likely to give them some leeway (such as Spring Weapon), I think people may think that Act-Age may be given similar treatment as long as it doesn't tank in sales when the time for its first volume comes.Act Age is literally only 2 places above it but Act Age is safe? I don't care that much about either but we gotta stop the bias
I don't know what it'll happen but I hope that at least Act-age, Noah's Notes and Ziga-Ziga survive. Those are the most interesting manga for me between the new ones.After having caught up a bit from what happened this week, I'm pretty pumped to see Noah's Notes' first chapter. I saw a couple random pages of it on 4chan, and it looked pretty interesting. In a way, the plot does kind of remind me of something similar in the overall premise of Dr. Stone, but only when examined from a very high level. The character designs look sharp, so that's another plus.
Looks like Act-Age had a pretty decent first ranking for something as different as it is. It'll be interesting to see where this one goes in the TOC over the next few weeks. Once the dust settles, I'll be curious to see who of Bozebeats, Jujutsu, and Ziga will remain standing. At least of of these 3 is going to be taken down by the others.
Because you are most definitely the representation for japanese adults and children, and is definitely not using your subjective opinion as a fact.It is not bias, it is just logic based on people's feelings about both series. People really found Act-Age interesting and the chapters I read, the three first chapters, at least were consistent in terms of quality in my opinion. Now Bozebeats was a different story, the first chapter was good, I liked it, but the second and third was rather boring so seeing that even the first chapter made it stay near from bottom 5, the next chapters can be even worse.
You should list the names so that people can defend themselves properly. :PI wouldn't trust the logic of a thread full of people who literally judge books by their covers .
Been here 6 years; thread used to be full of knowledgeable and passionate members yet now it feels like a bunch of teenagers playing guesswork with the most surface level of information.
I honestly prefer the edgy and more blunt form of discourse the thread has adopted over the past year or so, but we need to think before talking more.
Yeah, I'd be interested in that. Maybe we could also read through a certain amount of each series, and report back to talk about it. Would give me a good excuse to check out a bunch of manga I haven't got round to yet. Not sure how many other people would be into it though.BTW I've been thinking in creating a special ''50 anniversary'' thread with a look to all the important titles since Otoko Ippiki to anything from 2017 or 2018 that isn't going to be axed (aka one post about Dragon Ball, one post about One Piece, one post about Hokuto no Ken, etc, in chronological order).
hopefully meister will get the readers it deservesYeah, I'd be interested in that. Maybe we could also read through a certain amount of each series, and report back to talk about it. Would give me a good excuse to check out a bunch of manga I haven't got round to yet. Not sure how many other people would be into it though.
). I don't really speak out everything I think about series because I don't visit series sections and threads here to avoid confusion, but I put Shokugeki no Soma in tough spots and We Never Learn has had a hard time entertaining me recently, just to give some examples.
i was just kidding, lol.Agreed. Then again though, he takes such long breaks that he has ample time to write down things in great detail.
Games is a completely different market. Digital games are booming. Just like how digital songs and albums are booming in the music industry. It's not just a one-off example. It's how most media are consumed in those markets these days. Manga is a different story. Digital market hasn't caught on yet.
You think SharkBait has ever given a single thought to the backlash?On the contrary, I think you should have to justify why you read a manga. Otherwise, what's the point of posting in a discussion thread? If you only say a manga is good because it has a "cute boy" in it, then whatever, that's on you. Just be prepared for the backlash and don't be that type of person that says "well it's like my opinion so I don't care what you think".
If you're going to be that person, you shouldn't be here.
Lol isn't that nearly everyone here?Just be prepared for the backlash and don't be that type of person that says "well it's like my opinion so I don't care what you think".
If you're going to be that person, you shouldn't be here.
I couldn't agree more with you. Everyone here knows that I just talk about Black Clover (and rarely other series), but of course I do not think it's perfect. Neither great. On a review I wrote (I work with that and in a radio) I gave 6.5 to the anime.On the contrary, I think you should have to justify why you read a manga. Otherwise, what's the point of posting in a discussion thread? If you only say a manga is good because it has a "cute boy" in it, then whatever, that's on you. Just be prepared for the backlash and don't be that type of person that says "well it's like my opinion so I don't care what you think".
If you're going to be that person, you shouldn't be here.