Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Tbh, Boze needs a miracle to survive. Although imo it deserves the axe as most people don't seem to like it, neither in Japan nor in the west. I think 6.66 on MAL is a good indicator for that, even if it's just 350 people that rated it. Usually all manga with less than 7 rating apart from Boruto and Spring Weapon got axed really quick.

Btw, I've never been wrong about stuff like that. Every new manga I dropped since I started reading all new WSJ releases last year ended up getting cancelled. Everything I didn't drop ended up surviving.

I didn't drop Act-Age yet, just can't continue reading as noone is Editing it.
Oh yay, another 'expert' using MAL stats.
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
Oh yay, another 'expert' using MAL stats.
I don't trust them 100% as for example Act-Age has only a 6.89 rating. But 6.66 is a really bad rating. Even manga like U19, Shuudan and Cross Account had better ratings at this point and they all got cancelled. In fact every series that survived usually has at least 7.2-7.3 rating. It doesn't always apply, but in most cases. Plus, if you're reading peoples opinions on reddit and everywhere else, it's obvious that lots of people don't like Boze.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't trust them 100% as for example Act-Age has only a 6.89 rating. But 6.66 is a really bad rating. Even manga like U19, Shuudan and Cross Account had better ratings at this point and they all got cancelled. In fact every series that survived usually has at least 7.2-7.3 rating. It doesn't always apply, but in most cases. Plus, if you're reading peoples opinions on reddit and everywhere else, it's obvious that lots of people don't like Boze.
Regardless of anything else, you can't use votes from Western teenagees as examples on how to predict the reception of young Japanese boys,
Find non western examples and your points won't induce eye rolls.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bozebeats will rise i feel it and jujutsu will have an awesome debut same for ziga.

BLack Clover fans where you at, why the drop :(
Exposition chapter eight weeks ago not much happened except for the end of the chapter.
 

Pinny

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Country
Thailand
Hi, decided to create an account today to join this threads. Really enjoy reading this thread (even it's quite heated at times :)

I bought digital version of Japanese WSJ every week. I'm quite sure that Bozebeat's done. It's written /おわり (end) at the end of the page and there's even name of next serialization.

 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Regardless of anything else, you can't use votes from Western teenagees as examples on how to predict the reception of young Japanese boys,
Find non western examples and your points won't induce eye rolls.
You can't use Western reception of anything to predict the Japanese reception. Never underestimate the difference between us and those who actually buy the product.
Hi, decided to create an account today to join this threads. Really enjoy reading this thread (even it's quite heated at times :)

I bought digital version of Japanese WSJ every week. I'm quite sure that Bozebeat's done. It's written /おわり (end) at the end of the page and there's even name of next serialization.

Hey, thanks for joining us.
I don't mean to come across as rude, but I think someone would have posted here if Bozebeats was actually ending.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi, decided to create an account today to join this threads. Really enjoy reading this thread (even it's quite heated at times :)

I bought digital version of Japanese WSJ every week. I'm quite sure that Bozebeat's done. It's written /おわり (end) at the end of the page and there's even name of next serialization.

It says end as in end of the chapter, every series does that every week. Doesn't mention the next new series anywhere either.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Oricon Ranking Mar 12 - Mar 18
167932 1987851 One Piece
*32963 *251922 Dragon Ball Super
*32244 *226022 Black Clover
*23189 *164070 Gintama
*15465 *133976 Kimetsu no Yaiba
*14128 *928261 Hunter X Hunter
-----------------------
*13847 *528631 MHA
*12591 *637529 Haikyu!!
*11159 **78912 Robot X LASERBEAM
**9062 2389367 One Piece 86
 

Pinny

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Country
Thailand
It says end as in end of the chapter, every series does that every week. Doesn't mention the next new series anywhere either.
Yes, but in other series it written end /おわり only. You can see that's there a pointer leading to below

塔上の血戦 (とうじょうのけっせん)、開始 (start)

Edit: I want to be wrong though. If it's not cancelled then can someone tell me what it should mean :neutral
 
Last edited:

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Oricon Ranking Mar 12 - Mar 18
167932 1987851 One Piece
*32963 *251922 Dragon Ball Super
*32244 *226022 Black Clover
*23189 *164070 Gintama
*15465 *133976 Kimetsu no Yaiba
*14128 *928261 Hunter X Hunter
-----------------------
*13847 *528631 MHA
*12591 *637529 Haikyu!!
*11159 **78912 Robot X LASERBEAM
**9062 2389367 One Piece 86
Whenever I see these number, I wish there are people that does charts like the Sale-ERA people does for game with Media-Create numbers...


Off-topic Edit: Speaking of which, new MC number for last week should just be up now,
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Lol 2 series that will have anime bottom 5. I would like to have what the EiC is smoking atm.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Lol 2 series that will have anime bottom 5. I would like to have what the EiC is smoking atm.
I think his logic is something along the lines of: If those two manga are at the bottom of the TOC placement, then the other things, especially the newer manga can get a chance for a better place in the TOC, therefore getting more exposure, which is needed for manga that are just starting. Yuuna and HZ are the ones that are getting anime the quickest and both manga could definitely end after their anime adaptations finish their runs. If nothing else, this probably solidifies the fact that the Kimetsu and Neverland anime will most likely air in 2019.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes, but in other series it written end /おわり only. You can see that's there a pointer leading to below

塔上の血戦 (とうじょうのけっせん)、開始 (start)

Edit: I want to be wrong though. If it's not cancelled then can someone tell me what it should mean :neutral
Look at literally any other series in the magazine and you'll see the same thing. Right above "end" it has the chapter number because it's the end of that chapter. It's saying a battle in this series is going to start, there is no new series starting.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nearly gave me a heart attack with those Bozebeats ended posts. iCant.
 

Pinny

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 21, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Country
Thailand
Look at literally any other series in the magazine and you'll see the same thing. Right above "end" it has the chapter number because it's the end of that chapter. It's saying a battle in this series is going to start, there is no new series
starting.
My bad. My Japanese is very rusty. Used to study it for several years but haven't used it all (just get back into manga recently). I just open dictionary and you are right. I just checked the author's Twitter @beshinobesi and he said that there's a new character in chapter 10. Really sorry :facepalm

I'm glad that I'm wrong though. I want Boze to stay.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Man, Bozebeats being axed at chapter 9 would've been hilarious.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
My bad. My Japanese is very rusty. Used to study it for several years but haven't used it all (just get back into manga recently). I just open dictionary and you are right. I just checked the author's Twitter @beshinobesi and he said that there's a new character in chapter 10. Really sorry :facepalm

I'm glad that I'm wrong though. I want Boze to stay.
Don't celebrate for too long, it's most likely already dead.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oricon Ranking Mar 12 - Mar 18
167932 1987851 One Piece
*32963 *251922 Dragon Ball Super
*32244 *226022 Black Clover
*23189 *164070 Gintama
*15465 *133976 Kimetsu no Yaiba
*14128 *928261 Hunter X Hunter
-----------------------
*13847 *528631 MHA
*12591 *637529 Haikyu!!
*11159 **78912 Robot X LASERBEAM
**9062 2389367 One Piece 86
That BLack Clover boost, still going higher to more heights.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top