Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I see HxH, OP and maybe Boruto remaining from the current line-up. Heroaca and BC might stick around but I don't think Horikoshi and Tabata want, nor need to, needlessly drag out their stories. The same for the rest as they will simply wear out their premises if they run for more than 5 years.
Yeah this. Nothing else in the lineup can realistically be ongoing in five years time just based off story content, let alone avoiding cancellation that long. BC is still relatively young, but the story has progressed quite far, and unless they pull the whole “He’s not the real villan, here’s a new one” thing, I can’t see it doubling it’s current length. MHA and Kimetsu are in similar positions. Can’t really see HQ lasting more than 2-3 years considering how few matches are left in the nationals. Reckon everything else will be cancelled in another 5 years. I mean, we only have 5 series over 5 years old currently anyway.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
BC is still relatively young, but the story has progressed quite far, and unless they pull the whole “He’s not the real villan, here’s a new one” thing, I can’t see it doubling it’s current length
Nah, get ready for the Naruto inspired scenario where aliens are the final boss.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Nah, get ready for the Naruto inspired scenario where aliens are the final boss.
True, but I imagine it’ll get cancelled before getting very far into post-Licht plotlines.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I can see it ending about a year after the anime only if 1) a continuation of the anime isn't greenlit, and 2) Jump decides that the boost the anime brought to the manga isn't worthwhile, which is possible given how underwhelming the sales are.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Dude Digital sale lmoa
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Outta these current series in Jump how many do y'all think will still be serialized 5 years from now?
Haikyuu will still be in the national tournament, that's for sure.
Hero Academia I have my doubts. Can be ending previous year or still lasting.
Same with Black Clover, Dr.Stone and Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Hinomaru I see it still lasting perfectly.
World Trigger will still be in hiatus.
Yuuna-san, RxL and Promised Neverland would have ended. I think BokuBen would have also already ending.

Yep, 5 years would be like beginning of new cycle, with only One Piece and Haikyuu standing, and maybe Hero Academia, Black Clover, Dr.Stone and Kimetsu no Yaiba.

PD: Black Clover still have Diamond Kingdom trolling the main characters, and then Heart and Spades Kingdoms.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Nah, get ready for the Naruto inspired scenario where aliens are the final boss.
Please.

Did you read the manga?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I can see it ending about a year after the anime only
Are you serious ?
Toriko is lasted three years after the end of the anime...
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Yeah this. Nothing else in the lineup can realistically be ongoing in five years time just based off story content, let alone avoiding cancellation that long. BC is still relatively young, but the story has progressed quite far, and unless they pull the whole “He’s not the real villan, here’s a new one” thing, I can’t see it doubling it’s current length. MHA and Kimetsu are in similar positions. Can’t really see HQ lasting more than 2-3 years considering how few matches are left in the nationals. Reckon everything else will be cancelled in another 5 years. I mean, we only have 5 series over 5 years old currently anyway.
HQ will last until the next Oympiads.

BC and MHA will arrive at 300-400 chapters
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
In 5 years the ones that will be remaining is only One piece, BnHA and Black clover and those two will be nearing their end. HQ will finish in 2 years, no need to drag it beyond the finals at nationals. Dr. Stone and Kimetsu though...They could possibly stay for the next 5 years.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I always forget that this is on hiatus and not ended. I never followed it, but what are the odds that it'll come back within the next year?
At this rate I think it would be a miracle if it returns this year. I wanted it to be back last year already.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Both Black Clover and My Hero will last another two to three years at a minimum.

The first I think will stop before the 400 chapters, My Hero even at 500 if the success will last, but also 400 would be very probable .....
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Didn't Horikoshi said in one interview last year that the manga was like at 60% of the planned history?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Percentages leave the time they find.

Having said that according to Horikoshi has already started to plant the seeds for the final ..
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Regarding the discussion on MHA's longevity, my two cents: I think MHA is going all the way to at least 8-9 years. Ending around 500-510ish is pushing it, but should be doable if done right.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Given the success is very likely, but even 8 would be acceptable.

Hokuto no Ken lasted "only" 5 years and Kinnikuman classic 8 precisely.

The "original" story of Jojo (understood as a conflict between the Joestar and DIO) ends with the third series, then 5 years.
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont think HQ would end so. It can go to 2nd year and so on. key characters are like first and 2nd years still and he could really build upon the story with new first years and maturing 2nd years. Some powerhouses still havent been shown and we need our rematches.
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
If you guys could choose, do you prefer World Trigger to never come back or for it come back with a different artist? Ashihara's art style is relatively simple, I imagine it isn't so hard to emulate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top