Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I dont think HQ would end so. It can go to 2nd year and so on. key characters are like first and 2nd years still and he could really build upon the story with new first years and maturing 2nd years. Some powerhouses still havent been shown and we need our rematches.
I can understand you there, I love the characters and the manga as well but that's exactly why I want it to end on a high note instead of dragging. Eyeshield 21 tried to move past the finals and couldn't find itself even though it entered a scene where all the favourite players could come together, an end after the final match would have left a much better taste in thousands of fans. Kuroko could have done the same as you suggested (Glad it didn't) and so could so many other shows. SnS could also with this thought enter a new phase of 2nd year and 3rd year with another 400 chapters and 100 naked men:teehee but the manga did what it came to do and a story needs to end while it's ahead.

Now i'm curious, what is your favourite manga ending?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
If you guys could choose, do you prefer World Trigger to never come back or for it come back with a different artist? Ashihara's art style is relatively simple, I imagine it isn't so hard to emulate.
As with any artist thats on hiatus, I say come back with a new artist. At the end of the day, it’s the story that’s important. Even stuff like Berserk With its amazing art isn’t worth it if we get no story, let alone any artist who’s not at his level. I do understand it’s a matter of pride though, and changing artists practically never happens.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Longest HiatusxHiatus hiatus record: 80 issues (from issue 39/2014 to issue 19/2016)

World Trigger in hiatus: 73 issues (from issue 50/2016)

Issue of next 16th July would be issue 81 for World Trigger hiatus.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I dont think HQ would end so. It can go to 2nd year and so on. key characters are like first and 2nd years still and he could really build upon the story with new first years and maturing 2nd years. Some powerhouses still havent been shown and we need our rematches.
I do not follow HQ, but:
1) Is the second manga (excluding HXH) of Jump for sales.

2) In two years Japan will host the Olympic Games, and a spoked sold in this way can only benefit from this.

I think that before then the manga will not en
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
That my friend, will be a great time to have a Slam dunk reboot for 30 years since it's serialization and a special edition to go with it + a second Tsubasa anime assuming the current adaptation is well recieved. Eyeshield 21 should also follow in 2021 (I can dream, can't I?).
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Might as well made a special magazine in time for the Olympics like they have been doing for Paralympics(only 1 vol. as far as i know)


Paralympic Jump, (actually under the young jump banner)


extra: Never read it but I think there is something about Takehiko Inoe's wheelchair basketball manga and Yoichi Takahashi's blind football special animation in it. (I'm kind of remembering an interview or some sort)
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If you guys could choose, do you prefer World Trigger to never come back or for it come back with a different artist? Ashihara's art style is relatively simple, I imagine it isn't so hard to emulate.

Different artist. If Ashihara really is unable to draw due his neck problems, he should be the writer and let somebody else draw his story and characters. But that most likely will never happen.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought the only time a different artist takes over is if the original person died? Is there precedent for it happening while one was still in the land of the living?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>Yoshikazu Amami
>starts a series on Plus about his journey as a mangaka
>what he learn from his past flops
>what he learn from other mangakas
>"i'll do my best so someday I will have a successful series of my own"
>his new series is a One Piece spinoff
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
now that I think about it he actually did draw a One Piece spinoff before, it was a One Piece mobile game promotion iirc

his artstyle looks nothing like Oda's
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Now i'm curious, what is your favourite manga ending?
In "recent" years, Stone Ocean & Toriko really. Not too sure about all time in WSJ.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
For me best Shonen Jump ending has been Ring ni Kakero one. I'm serious, that is how a final arc has to be made.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
>Yoshikazu Amami
>starts a series on Plus about his journey as a mangaka
>what he learn from his past flops
>what he learn from other mangakas
>"i'll do my best so someday I will have a successful series of my own"
>his new series is a One Piece spinoff
Well you can look at it as a new way to build up experience, similar to Tsutsui. Before Bokuben, his biggest series in terms of sales was that Nisekoi spinoff. He probably honed his composition and writing skills there and used them in Bokuben. Amami has an even bigger name to piggyback off of here.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
If you guys could choose, do you prefer World Trigger to never come back or for it come back with a different artist? Ashihara's art style is relatively simple, I imagine it isn't so hard to emulate.
I think WT may switch magazines or find a different artist. Although Ashihara's health condition seems scary as hell from what I read so not really sure.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
One Piece spin off is pretty rare so Oda must like it a lots.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
With or without hiatus, for me Ashihara's art style doesn't fit into a battle shonen. It's too clean and the characters always seem to be sleepy.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Lol, the moment I'm done with the PV from LINE they uploaded this week PV early...

Kimi Wo Shinryakuseyo! PV
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
With or without hiatus, for me Ashihara's art style doesn't fit into a battle shonen. It's too clean and the characters always seem to be sleepy.
I was never a fan of his art tbh. Characters only had 2 sides (either a front view or a side view) and it was very mechanical or stiff. It felt like I was looking at a copy-paste work every page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top