Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I remember her author comments sounded very feminine at times. Not sure if it was intentional or what...I'm pretty confident that she's a female.

MS should seriously bring back the author comments.

Wow if that was intentionally then mind blown....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's not much like HxH but early on the series did have a strong Togashi influence.

Inuyasha meets Bleach is the perfect comparison though.
I can somewhat see why people think it's like HxH but the similarities are very very minimal.

I agree with that comparison, especially Inuyasha. I was initially thinking that Sunrise could've picked this series up.
 
Last edited:

DJBlitzkrieg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2017
Messages
129
Reaction score
74
Country
Venezuela
I remember her author comments sounded very feminine at times. Not sure if it was intentional or what...I'm pretty confident that she's a female.

MS should seriously bring back the author comments.

Wow if that was intentionally then mind blown....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I can somewhat see why people think it's like HxH but the similarities are very very minimal.

I agree with that comparison, especially Inuyasha. I was initially thinking that Sunrise could've picked this series up.
Either way, going from "Nah, It's going to get cancelled" to "Anime adaptation by Ufotable" is one of the biggest comebacks I've seen

The little crocodile that could.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
Act-Age deserves a chance. 22k sales, doing better than Jump Rising, unusual enough to form its own niche. I hope the failure of the 3 new series will give it a second wind.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Act-Age deserves a chance. 22k sales, doing better than Jump Rising, unusual enough to form its own niche. I hope the failure of the 3 new series will give it a second wind.
The Kimetsu anime is confirmed, it had a domain registered by Aniplex. You're not getting more information than that, probably not even in the magazine itself.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Blue Exorcist is on the cover of english Jump #27
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Lol, Viz just refuses to fix their mistake and just add Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Utterly petty and childish. What happened to the Viz of my childhood?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Act-Age deserves a chance. 22k sales, doing better than Jump Rising, unusual enough to form its own niche. I hope the failure of the 3 new series will give it a second wind.
Doing better than Jump Rising? But it's selling worse than them
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Act-Age deserves a chance. 22k sales, doing better than Jump Rising, unusual enough to form its own niche. I hope the failure of the 3 new series will give it a second wind.
Doing better than Jump Rising? But it's selling worse than them
the real question it how can Act-Age be better or worse than Jump Rising(other than in the TOC which is... eh) when the 3 jump rising volumes are not even on sale until July?
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Lol, Viz just refuses to fix their mistake and just add Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Utterly petty and childish. What happened to the Viz of my childhood?
Volume 1 will be released on july 3rd. Maybe then viz will consider including it in the line up of jump despite the gap. They did it with MHA. But who knows
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Volume 1 will be released on july 3rd. Maybe then viz will consider including it in the line up of jump despite the gap. They did it with MHA. But who knows
My Hero Academia didn't run over two years before getting added (but their initial massive gap with adding MHA also is further evidence of their immense incompetency)

Everyone currently at Viz deserves to be sacked, jobless, and homeless for ruining such a great company. I wish nothing but the worst for them. None of them have any idea what they're doing.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
the real question it how can Act-Age be better or worse than Jump Rising(other than in the TOC which is... eh) when the 3 jump rising volumes are not even on sale until July?
Jump rising isn't Neverland, Lasberbeam, WNL, Dr Stone, Black Clover and some others?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
new designs for the future movie of DBS

 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
It's just hilarious tbh.
A popular Jump battle series gets an anime from a notable studio. They knew in advance this was happening. They could have added Kimetsu to help hype that bandwagon.
But nah, they just continue to pretend the series doesn't exist out of embarrassment and instead promote a beyond generic series nobody has given a shit about for years.
I sure hope they thought Red Sprite was worth it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Still not seeing most people outside of this thread/site talking about kimetsu. Perhaps in your communities you browse its big but Im still not seeing the hoopla around kimetsu. most on the youtuber's comment lines seem to also not know what kimetsu even is either.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's just hilarious tbh.
A popular Jump battle series gets an anime from a notable studio. They knew in advance this was happening. They could have added Kimetsu to help hype that bandwagon.
But nah, they just continue to pretend the series doesn't exist out of embarrassment and instead promote a beyond generic series nobody has given a shit about for years.
I sure hope they thought Red Sprite was worth it.
Is everything good dude? Lol it is nowhere near as serious as you're making it out to be. At the end of the day you can enjoy Kimetsu no Yaiba at your pleasure.
Jump rising isn't Neverland, Lasberbeam, WNL, Dr Stone, Black Clover and some others?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
new designs for the future movie of DBS

I dont think any of us know what Jump rising truly even is. All Jujutsu Kaisen, Ziga, and Noahs Notes got were extra promotion before the first chapter released. But anyways, you're thinking of Jump Super Push
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm not okay, I know I'm overreacting. Other things are affecting my mood atm.

I still feel my posts are valid, even if overly hostile so I don't plan on deleting them. The current state of Viz is a joke.
The company that really made manga a thing in the US has been destroyed by an incompetent millennial management team who completely lack any understanding of how to properly run a business.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I definitely think Viz could be more efficient though. It just seems work is poorly delegated, they seem to have like 7 editors for the dozen or so series running in the English magazine.. The editors don't translate or typeset, are they just glorified proofreaders?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess people will forget that viz straightway added Promised Neverland. Totally incompetent business decision right.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
They added Shokugeki pretty late on during the anime hype and (I think) just after releasing the first volume, so there's still a chance for Kimetsu. I guess we'll see once v1 comes out in english.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top