Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Does anyone feel like we usually get the "Next big thing", big selling series right before, during or right after a huge series ends.

MHA started months before Naruto ended
As Bleach was ending Neverland was starting.

Maybe history will repeat itself
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
bleach ended at 686.
Oops

But i swear i read somewhere that it’s 686 + 14 not number prequel chapter(?) to 700. For 2 years now i thought it ended at 700 :emocat, i got Chair sama-bamboolzed
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Does anyone feel like we usually get the "Next big thing", big selling series right before, during or right after a huge series ends.

MHA started months before Naruto ended
As Bleach was ending Neverland was starting.

Maybe history will repeat itself
Demon’s plan was so big :derp
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
LOL I see, ending at 699 is such a troll move from the Gorilla, still managing to throw some shade at Naruto XD
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone feel like we usually get the "Next big thing", big selling series right before, during or right after a huge series ends.

MHA started months before Naruto ended
As Bleach was ending Neverland was starting.

Maybe history will repeat itself
I dont think Gintama is a big selling thing
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
If only that could be mirrored in the sales :emocat
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
:(

On a side note, the recent chapter had a lot of people talking about it on twitter.
Shrug, nobody ever bought Hinomaru anyway. Shit will end selling low, even though it's a great series imo. Anime will likely give some boost but nothing to get excited about.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming Gintama is going to receive two long volumes rather than three short ones a pattern has formed:
Naruto(72), Bleach(74) and Gintama(76)
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
One Piece confirmed ending on vol 78

Wait
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Can’t wait to see how Shueisha milks One Piece after it ends.

Release Hardbacks that contains like 4 Volumes in one

Full color re-release

I can’t wait because I really want that Hardback release
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Shrug, nobody ever bought Hinomaru anyway. Shit will end selling low, even though it's a great series imo. Anime will likely give some boost but nothing to get excited about.
I know but I think we got a pretty good shot at making the top 30 sales considering it's a 20+ volume series.
Can’t wait to see how Shueisha milks One Piece after it ends.

Release Hardbacks that contains like 4 Volumes in one

Full color re-release

I can’t wait because I really want that Hardback release
Don't forget One Piece Kai anime :3c

Lol seeing SD's re-release success, it would be funny to see a One Piece re-release take the #1 top selling manga spot of that year. (years after OP ends)
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
1.6 million.

I think that the first volumen sold 2.5 million more o less.
1.6 million is when counting 120 million total (which is including worldwide). Im just talking about Japan.

When all is said and done, Gintama will be remembered as one of the greatest gag manga in history.

bleach ended at 686.
That's not including the 12-13 "Turn Back The Pendulum" chapters which were numbered differently. Bleach's total is around 698 or 699 as well.

I dont think Gintama is a big selling thing
It's a massive selling thing. You guys really need to look at the genre of the manga as well.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can’t wait to see how Shueisha milks One Piece after it ends.

Release Hardbacks that contains like 4 Volumes in one

Full color re-release

I can’t wait because I really want that Hardback release
Too many pages, and it would feel like its prone to ripping. Only the Gundam Origin has done omnibuses right
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can’t wait to see how Shueisha milks One Piece after it ends.

Release Hardbacks that contains like 4 Volumes in one

Full color re-release

I can’t wait because I really want that Hardback release
That's what is m hoping for, hardcover releases. I love the JoJo editions and the new Full metal Alchemist from Viz.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top