Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

Meanwhile, another Saint Seiya anime. I wonder why they look like they don't exist unlike Dragon Ball
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Because of... reasons

made a thing, feedback appreciated

Only have data for TPN and even that is not near complete but again this is just for testing purposes




Everything above are solely from Oricon data from ANN, table is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldcnj910a2r6ex8/tpn.xlsx?dl=0

the number above the column in the chart is the 1st week days, can be easily substituted with current total

only track up to 4 weeks (1 month) if they have a fifth or more week just update to LTD current,

final column in the excel file is LTD difference , actual LTD is in Total (redundancy)


I kinda have explain it on twitter so I'll leave that here



Any question/comment/critique can be asked anywhere I'm available
Man, this is cool. Please keep doing this.
It's the type of stuff I'd love to see more on this forum

Also, add an "imaginary" bar on top for digital sales. :derp jk jk
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Man, this is cool. Please keep doing this.
It's the type of stuff I'd love to see more on this forum

Also, add an "imaginary" bar on top for digital sales. :derp jk jk
I'm planning to, but the backlogs are huge (though future sales should not be any problem) and I don't really know where to look, so anyone who want to help maybe we can try making a shared spreadsheet that some can edit, first target is to get current running series to be set up properly


also while I'm at it,

choose between the two (not the colors but the labels)

 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, just a few weeks until the announcement of Dr.Stone anime?

Go Madhouse!
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
For Stone anime maybe there's a little bit more to wait for, Bokutachi will have done it also for competition with Gotobun.

Stone would not make sense to adapt it so soon, especially with all the anime already announced, it would not be aired before a year.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
For Stone anime maybe there's a little bit more to wait for, Bokutachi will have done it also for competition with Gotobun.

Stone would not make sense to adapt it so soon, especially with all the anime already announced, it would not be aired before a year.
I see zero reason why it can't be announced around now. Especially if EiC is pushing adaptations and a studio wants it (which is a given).
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I see zero reason why it can't be announced around now. Especially if EiC is pushing adaptations and a studio wants it (which is a given).
That Stone will be next to have an anime is obvious, since it is the only one left that has enough chapters and popularity to be able to have it, but probably we will have to wait a while, since they have already announced many anime and have a schedule that covers all the 2019.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Honestly Stone is one of the few series I think fits a long running format.

I honestly can’t think of a good stopping place for a 13 episode season, or 24 episode season.
I’d be perfectly fine with Toei getting it, as it doesn’t have that many over the top action scenes. But would Toei even have the schedule to do that with One Piece and DBS probably returning at some point?
There is Pierrot, but with as much filler they tend to add I can’t see them doing Justice to Dr.Stone filler since the plot revolves around science and progressively making modern tools in the Stone Age.

I’m sure seasonal would work perfectly fine, but I feel like they should wait to have enough material for a long running series
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
https://twitter.com/DrStone_anime

Double lol ? (For recall, Dr Stone have color page in 39th issue).
Hopefully this isn't a troll Twitter account to throw us off. Maybe someone can find a website that was registered as well. Well even if it's fake, we all know that Stone anime is coming eventually.

@iceemperor is the real MVP for pointing out those urgent reprints. Those were very suspicious. Are the memes becoming real, will we see Dr. Stone air in Fall 2019? I think the fact that Shueisha are so ahead with their anime adaptations give Jujutsu and Act-age some extra safety.



If I had to guess, they're either going to give it to Toei and they'll do their usual thing. Or they could put the show on air on the same TV block where Boku no Hero Academia airs, in Fall(that would mean the producer would be Toho)

Or Aniplex are just going to mow down the competition and take all the biggest upcoming Shueisha series for themselves.


Also, add an "imaginary" bar on top for digital sales. :derp jk jk
Give this man a prize.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
That Stone will be next to have an anime is obvious, since it is the only one left that has enough chapters and popularity to be able to have it, but probably we will have to wait a while, since they have already announced many anime and have a schedule that covers all the 2019.
I don’t see how other Jump anime being lined up effects Jump announcing more anime.
Scheduling the anime is more of a burden for the producers, staff, studio, and television networks of the anime.

Kimetsu No Yaiba’s anime coming Spring 2019 likely has no effect of a potential MHA season 4 coming next Spring. And if Dr.Stone receives a completely different studio and production team than both, it likely wouldn’t effect Dr.Stone getting a Spring 2019 release date(assuming that happened)
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Honestly Stone is one of the few series I think fits a long running format.

I honestly can’t think of a good stopping place for a 13 episode season, or 24 episode season.
I’d be perfectly fine with Toei getting it, as it doesn’t have that many over the top action scenes. But would Toei even have the schedule to do that with One Piece and DBS probably returning at some point?
There is Pierrot, but with as much filler they tend to add I can’t see them doing Justice to Dr.Stone filler since the plot revolves around science and progressively making modern tools in the Stone Age.

I’m sure seasonal would work perfectly fine, but I feel like they should wait to have enough material for a long running series
Toei are quite busy. They also have a new Saint Seiya anime that could also potentially be long running and Gegege no Kitarou could continue for over 100 episodes. I wouldn't really like them to handle Dr. Stone, I don't think they would be able to handle the art style properly.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Honestly Stone is one of the few series I think fits a long running format.

I honestly can’t think of a good stopping place for a 13 episode season, or 24 episode season.
I’d be perfectly fine with Toei getting it, as it doesn’t have that many over the top action scenes. But would Toei even have the schedule to do that with One Piece and DBS probably returning at some point?
There is Pierrot, but with as much filler they tend to add I can’t see them doing Justice to Dr.Stone filler since the plot revolves around science and progressively making modern tools in the Stone Age.

I’m sure seasonal would work perfectly fine, but I feel like they should wait to have enough material for a long running series
I don't think Toei is very likely. They have now and in the future Hugtto! Precure still ongoing just like Kitaro and One Piece, DBS Broly, Precure Movie, a Saint Seiya movie for Netflix, a new Sailor Moon, Saintia Sho and probably more projects not announced. But who knows.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I don't think Toei is very likely. They have now and in the future Hugtto! Precure still ongoing just like Kitaro and One Piece, DBS Broly, Precure Movie, a Saint Seiya movie for Netflix, a new Sailor Moon, Saintia Sho and probably more projects not announced. But who knows.
They have Bakutsuri Bar Hunter in Fall 2018 and more Digimon coming up as well.
 

GinAce

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
81
Age
29
Country
Canada
Hisoka getting announced for Jump force makes me so damn happy !
Oh also Bandai is gonna show up at gamescom and it's bringing jump force with it, so we will most probably get new announcements / trailers in there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top