Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 971 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Theres insurmountable evidence that confidently indicates that horikoshi is under undue duress. So to ignore these strong findings and indicators about his need for rest is simply akin to believing a lie in the face of a fact.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
13 pages and occasionally unfinished artwork and mistakes litrally screams serious problems to most intelligent readers.
This year I remember only one chapter with unfinished pages.

Chapters of 15-13 pages are not a drama at the end.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
This year I remember only one chapter with unfinished pages.

Chapters of 15-13 pages are not a drama at the end.

We should be getting 17 at the minimum especially considering how he can sketch for the anime and chapters. Falling to meet the content demands of the readers for a product we buy looks very bad for the author and feels like a slap in the face for us readers. Do people want his reputation to stay at an all time low?

Its universally accepted that the shorter chapters of heroAca fail to be satisfying because of the lack of content due to the suppressed page count.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
We should be getting 17 at the minimum especially considering how he can sketch for the anime and chapters.
What ? What does the anime have to do with it?

Falling to meet the content demands of the readers for a product we buy looks very bad for the author and feels like a slap in the face for us readers. Do people want his reputation to stay at an all time low?
And where would the problem be? Both the chapters on the magazine count the right, the important thing is how they come up in volume. And the volumes sell ....

Its universally accepted that the shorter chapters of heroAca fail to be satisfying because of the lack of content due to the suppressed page count.
But where ? When ? But why.....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
. So to ignore these strong findings and indicators about his need for rest is simply akin to believing a lie in the face of a fact.
What would they be?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
What ? What does the anime have to do with it?
Time taken to draw a sketch before an episode implies time is being taken away from drawing that 16th page.

And where would the problem be? Both the chapters on the magazine count the right, the important thing is how they come up in volume. And the volumes sell ....
If the page count is too low the volume would be delayed thusly dissastifying purchasers.

But where ? When ? But why.....
Chapters end prematurely and it's clear he skipped drawing scenes, furthermore the pacing is too rushed. This arc and the past needed at least 25 more chapters. Satisfaction in heroaca quality remains at an all time low. Look in any place that's relevant for manga discussion, and one will see great remarks about how weak the arcs with the page count reductions have begun compared to early heroaca. It's a major sentiment.

What would they be?
Decreased page count. Sketchbook drawings. Inhumane plot pacing, characters being ignored for plot convenience. The list of grievances is long.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Time taken to draw a sketch before an episode implies time is being taken away from drawing that 16th page.
Ah, why does he make them?

Chapters end prematurely and it's clear he skipped drawing scenes, furthermore the pacing is too rushed. This arc and the past needed at least 25 more chapters. Satisfaction in heroaca quality remains at an all time low. Look in any place that's relevant for manga discussion, and one will see great remarks about how weak the arcs with the page count reductions have begun compared to early heroaca. It's a major sentiment.
But how do you establish?
To me, the general judgment on the last chapters seems to me rather positive ......
Decreased page count.
Are you really bothering 13-15 pages?

Sketchbook drawings
Example ?

Inhumane plot pacing,
I think you remember badly the first sagas where many fights lasted a page ....

CuriousReborn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
This arc and the past needed at least 25 more chapters. Satisfaction in heroaca quality remains at an all time low. Look in any place that's relevant for manga discussion, and one will see great remarks about how weak the arcs with the page count reductions have begun compared to early heroaca. It's a major sentiment.
Wasn't the previous arc extremely well received? Regardless we know nothing about why the page count is low, so let's just keep it at that and not derail the thread.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Actually in general I notice a lot of positive comments on this arc, the most critical are all in the fights too tight.

LuckyJim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
The pro-hero arc was well paced, and didn't overstay it's welcome. The current arc is dissatisfying because nothing happened for 15 chapters, not due to the low page count, if anything this arc should have been shorter.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cannot believe we are discussing if Horikoshi should go on a break or not, jeez. But yeah, we as humans tend to look at the negative side instead of hoping he recovers well in 2019. Shueisha certainly does not want to ''lose'' My Hero Academia to a hiatus slot like Hunter X Hunter or World Trigger.

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Current arc has had some good things like Kinoko becoming Hero Academia best girl, Tetsutetsu being the absolute madman, or the Bakugou fight. Anyways, I think manga next arc is going to be centered in a new conflict with League of Villains, somehow.

In other news, wasn't Black Clover being 15 pages lately too?

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
The last 3 chapter were 13 page long. The chapter before 16.
Wow, that is rough. Hopefully it is all good with mangaka. (P.S. Not a BC fan, I actually am pretty meh on it as is).

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The pro-hero arc was well paced, and didn't overstay it's welcome. The current arc is dissatisfying because nothing happened for 15 chapters, not due to the low page count, if anything this arc should have been shorter.
The arc should be longer. Most of class b characters deserved extensive backstories to round and develop their characters. Naruto always made sure to give backstories, see chunin exam fights.

Rushing and shortening things often means a lack of ideas and problematic issues behind the scenes.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Wow, that is rough. Hopefully it is all good with mangaka. (P.S. Not a BC fan, I actually am pretty meh on it as is).
The average is generally 13-15 pages, maximum 16-17.

The author two years ago was hospitalized for asthma and some chapters had unfinished pages.

However he recently designed covers, so I think it's a fair compromise.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
There is nothing to suggest that we need to worry about Tabata and BLack Clover. He's shown that he can efficiently use the page count to add variety to his storytelling. Every chapter feels optimized for the page count, worrying or expressing concern from the page count is highly unwarranted.

Last edited:

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
There's a separate topic for MHA you know.

Though at this point I feel like we need a specific MHA/Black Clover complaining topic to push all this stuff to since it's a pain having the arguments fill up pages and pages every other week.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Though at this point I feel like we need a specific MHA/Black Clover complaining topic to push all this stuff to since it's a pain having the arguments fill up pages and pages every other week.
You mean a "Why MHA/BC sucks vs You take that right back!" thread? Sounds like an awesome time to pass with some popcorn.

LuckyJim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria

We need to keep that stuff in this thread though, how else are we supposed to push this forum over 1000 pages before the end of the year and the 2019 thread starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.