Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 1016 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It hurts to see beastars at the bottom

Kimetsu doing almost 4M in a month w/o anime jeez, that's like in the same range of what Toriko did in a whole year in series sales during its peak with the anime push and all.

supercow297

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thoughts on why Jump is doing 2 CPs instead of 3 now? Cost-cutting?

lgrmjauffre

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Two CPs? Both this coming week's issue and next have three.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Since Issue 4-5 and 6-7 are collage cover as every year, what would be the 3 first issues? With how is Jump going, I don't see any new title until issue 8 at least, so:

-Issue 1: The Promised Neverland (the not-One Piece manga with most covers, and since it is ending I guess Nakano will want to give it a 2020 cover. It could also have the countdown to the end, who knows).
-Issue 2: We Never Learn/Black Clover (WNL hasn't had a cover since last March if I recall well, and has anime on air. Black Clover is more like a wildcard).
-Issue 3: My Hero Academia (the only thing I'm 100% sure is MHA getting a cover in one of next 3 issues to promote the movie).

Last edited:

Ctkk

Reaction score
Country
Highgarden
Three new series for 1 to 3 seems right to me.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems Neverland is getting a CP to celebrate the end of the final battle.

Maybe that is why Shueisha is waiting for to start new series?

In that case I expect a lot of newbies, especially if Stone Reboot is added to the mix.

RafGL

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Seems Neverland is getting a CP to celebrate the climax/end of the final battle.

Maybe that is why Shueisha is waiting for to start new series?
Wouldn't be weird having 5 (it could even be 6) series out of the magazine in a row when we had already 6 in a row this year.

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

October sales
I bet KNY will add another 1-2 million in November and maybe another 2-3 million in December given how reprints are going out in both months with the new volume coming out next month and the boost is still going crazy. I want to know how much JJK and BC's newest volumes have sold. I know all of JJK's volumes are constantly selling so the backlog has some effect on that figure, but BC only manages to sell the newest volume and the previous one for a while. Also, MHA's backlog managed to sell as much as BC with BC releasing a new volume lol.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I realized that Dr. Stone Reboot should either end at the 2nd double issue or even after the double issues, depending on when they are happening.

Chapter 4 #51
Chapter 5 #52
Chapter 6 #1
Chapter 7 #2 or #2/3
Chapter 8 #3 or #3/4
Chapter 9 #4/5 or #5

I dont think it ending around double issues is a coincidence.

iamnightwing

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I bet KNY will add another 1-2 million in November and maybe another 2-3 million in December given how reprints are going out in both months with the new volume coming out next month and the boost is still going crazy. I want to know how much JJK and BC's newest volumes have sold. I know all of JJK's volumes are constantly selling so the backlog has some effect on that figure, but BC only manages to sell the newest volume and the previous one for a while. Also, MHA's backlog managed to sell as much as BC with BC releasing a new volume lol.
At that rate, I can see KNY maintaining #1 at least until the first half 2020 Oricon chart.... Heck, I'm betting either volume 18 or 19 reaching 1 Million in 4 weeks....

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At that rate, I can see KNY maintaining #1 at least until the first half 2020 Oricon chart.... Heck, I'm betting either volume 18 or 19 reaching 1 Million in 4 weeks....
Volume 18 has a definite chance of selling a million copies within a month. Volume 19 might do so if volume 18 manages to do it and sales stay stable. I don't think it can hit 1 million if volume 18 doesn't.

iamnightwing

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Volume 18 has a definite chance of selling a million copies within a month. Volume 19 might do so if volume 18 manages to do it and sales stay stable. I don't think it can hit 1 million if volume 18 doesn't.
Of course, there's the matter of if Shueisha is confident enough to do 1 million first print... they might underprint again...

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
If Dr.Stone 2 is filling a spot we can find ourselves in a curious situation after the double spread in most extreme case aka Neverland ends and all the flops are axed (Samurai 8 we know is going to be safe so that's 4 axe). Aka we would be getting a 6-round serialization, same situation than in 2017 (I don't remember 2017 with so many slots when that happened anyways).

mangalover101

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Of course, there's the matter of if Shueisha is confident enough to do 1 million first print... they might underprint again...
I don't know maybe they play safe and print 800k-900k first print? I'd do 1 million if it's up to me...

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Dr.Stone 2 is filling a spot we can find ourselves in a curious situation after the double spread in most extreme case aka Neverland ends and all the flops are axed (Samurai 8 we know is going to be safe so that's 4 axe). Aka we would be getting a 6-round serialization, same situation than in 2017 (I don't remember 2017 with so many slots when that happened anyways).
In before Samurai 8 moves to Jump Square and we have a 7 serialization round. Reiwa manga era finally starts!! The worst of all is that I would not be surprised by the mess lol

On another side, I have noticed that Shueisha has given up in promoting S8 at this point, which IS interesting. Nothing since that LCP in #35.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
NAITÔ (Shônen Jump) tak about One PIece end in 5 years :

(Google Trad) As for Mr. ODA's future projects, I'm wondering, "Will this be over in five years?" However, if Mr. ODA says it's 5 years old, I think it will end in exactly 5 years. Regarding the current development of the "Wano no Kuni" arch, we are in a rhythm that would surely allow the series to be completed in five years. That said, Mr. ODA thinks "I want to go on such an island", various hidden lines that have been stretched during the work, there are many readers who know, all that, it's going to be shot at a huge density for them. next five years.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jujutsu Kaisen get 2nd novel january 4. For remind, same day will be out 8th and 9th volume.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
NAITÔ (Shônen Jump) tak about One PIece end in 5 years :
For normal manga countdown starts in 5 chapters. For OP is starts in 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.