Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 440 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Spectre

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
French editor said volume 1 will be have chapter 1 to 6.

Aaaand this whole debate was rather pointless then.

It also hampers Samurai 8's momentum considerably, since rather than ending on the villain showing up (which is a good cliffhanger), it's instead...the love interest appearing and it being said that she'll be important. Lot less impactful, frankly.

Btw in France, volume 1 will be out 18/10.

Perhaps, in Japan, the first volume has been postponed to October to be able to make a world release.
Wow, that seems like an...incredibly reckless and poorly thought out reason to me. I get the allure of wanting a worldwide release for the "global Jump" deal, but it seems like the hype is going to go down in the meantime. By the time Vol 1 drops, Kishi being back will be old news.

Last edited:

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
they can just play naruto 20th anniversary card (21st September Street date, 4th October on cover date)

also co-released with boruto, or any other promotion they could think of

Last edited:

LuckyJim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
Can't wait for rain spectre to eat some crows when s8's first two volume has gangbuster sales.
Obviously the first couple volumes are going to have great sales, the real question is whether or not it can maintain them or grow.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
French editor said volume 1 will be have chapter 1 to 6.

I dig this amount of chapters (as much as its probably just practicality). It gives the first volume a real feel of “this is the world of Samurai and how it works”, ready for volume 2 to move into something a bit more forward.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I pretty much defend any topic itt as long as it’s Jump related, even if it’s only discussing one specific series. I understand that every series has and individual threads, but I don’t think small mentions of a series, or it’s chapters, is that big a deal.

At this point you seem like you just have a weird hatred towards S8 though. Like you actively want to see the series crash and burn. Even when the common opinion on S8 went from mixed to “”okay this is pretty decent”, it’s seems like you want to derail any positive opinions on the series with “eeeh it’s not that good. And ppl in Japan don’t like it from what I’ve seen”, in an attempt to start a debate where you try to shift the public opinion.

animeexpert

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah I’m definitely pleased. Like I enjoy the Buu arc a lot so I’ll always be glad it went as long as it did
Buu saga is the most boring arc of dbz, really unique u enjoyed it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I meant that the main part of Samurai 8's promotion is now concluding. Obviously Shueisha is still gonna be backing the manga, but not as heavily since the initial hype has concluded.
Cant wait when samurai 8 gonna be an massive hit, you gonna take ur words back

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Maybe I'm not seeing something everyone else is >>

Jujutsu Kaisen Serie (6 volumes + volume 0 + novel) : 2 000 000.
Hooray! And on the day I do a piece about the series and Bleach, how fitting~

TheEroSennin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I pretty much defend any topic itt as long as it’s Jump related, even if it’s only discussing one specific series. I understand that every series has and individual threads, but I don’t think small mentions of a series, or it’s chapters, is that big a deal.

At this point you seem like you just have a weird hatred towards S8 though. Like you actively want to see the series crash and burn. Even when the common opinion on S8 went from mixed to “”okay this is pretty decent”, it’s seems like you want to derail any positive opinions on the series with “eeeh it’s not that good. And ppl in Japan don’t like it from what I’ve seen”, in an attempt to start a debate where you try to shift the public opinion.
He finds Samurai 8 story uninteresting but he keeps reading it weekly and if anyone say something positive he just jumps out of the blue and start shitting on it

Like jeez if you don't enjoy it then don't read it, no one cares about your valuable opinion

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I'm not seeing something everyone else is >>
Sincerely I think you just lean towards the negative too much. A lot of people in the community do. But I think a lot of users here also focus on what they enjoy about a comic, because without any joy what’s the point, you know?

Buu saga is the most boring arc of dbz, really unique u enjoyed it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don’t think its that uncommon a view nowadays, honestly. Like people look at Dragon Ball more as a whole than OG/Z when it comes to the comics (I think, I’m sure plenty don’t), and thematically Buu saga connects the dots on the early days and the post-saiyan stuff really nicely.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sincerely I think you just lean towards the negative too much. A lot of people in the community do. But I think a lot of users here also focus on what they enjoy about a comic, because without any joy what’s the point, you know?

I don’t think its that uncommon a view nowadays, honestly. Like people look at Dragon Ball more as a whole than OG/Z when it comes to the comics (I think, I’m sure plenty don’t), and thematically Buu saga connects the dots on the early days and the post-saiyan stuff really nicely.
Who knows?

Anyway, Buu is...kind of a mess, narratively speaking, though that applies to much of Dragon Ball. It's the sort of manga which is legendary from when it came out, but would be ripped to shreds nowadays.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who knows?

Anyway, Buu is...kind of a mess, narratively speaking, though that applies to much of Dragon Ball. It's the sort of manga which is legendary from when it came out, but would be ripped to shreds nowadays.
I disagree on both fronts, personally. Like it hops through ideas rapidly, but that comes from its big tone change to better match the series’ origins. Also, this is what I mean. Don’t leap straight to the negative, cynicism is a conversation-killer dude. You have to take the good, take the bad, and there you have....

... the uh... the facts of life. Why’s that theme in my head?

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I disagree on both fronts, personally. Like it hops through ideas rapidly, but that comes from its big tone change to better match the series’ origins. Also, this is what I mean. Don’t leap straight to the negative, cynicism is a conversation-killer dude. You have to take the good, take the bad, and there you have....

... the uh... the facts of life. Why’s that theme in my head?
I just have a different perspective to you. And a lot of other people, I guess.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just have a different perspective to you. And a lot of other people, I guess.
And I won’t judge you for it. But sniff the roses once in a while.

——————————

Anyway I’ve finally had a chance to check out that gecko girl series from Jump+ that Manga Plus passed on and whilst it’s a light-hearted fun, I can see why they didn’t think it a good fit for their international app (like it’s mostly just captions and “look at the cute thing she’s doing”, which is fun but basic) over Hina Change’s more immediately provocative story. Still, it’d be good if they went back for it in the future (as much as that doesn’t seem like the sort of thing Manga Plus are interested in doing right now)

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
He finds Samurai 8 story uninteresting but he keeps reading it weekly and if anyone say something positive he just jumps out of the blue and start shitting on it

Like jeez if you don't enjoy it then don't read it, no one cares about your valuable opinion
Or you know, he maybe want to wait until the first 2 or 3 volume are finished or the action begin to drop or follow it?
We have supercow still following MHA after 23 volume, if people still follow a series maybe is because they still think that it can improve.

animeexpert

Reaction score
Country
Japan
[/QUOTE]

Its waaaay too unnecessary stretchy, also ccyz its focused for 1 villian, it makes it even worse. It's like I watch the same frame for 10 episodes long, it's hard to enjoy... like super hard to enjoy. It bore the fk outta me, I had to skip alot of episode to just finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.