Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Malaysia
But yours is lower?
yes but even for a single week the difference is 1000+

oh and I am 80% sure he got that number from my 4 weeks total (boxset not included) + this week series total(boxset included)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I just double checked, minimum monthly sales including boxset should be 1,281,785 (missing boxset data for the first week)

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
United States
I can see One Piece losing it to Neverland at the end of the year.
HOw? If OP has a volume miss the cut off this year?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It is dissapointing that reditions, like Bleach, on MangaPlus dont get color page treatments :( sad. as I would have liked to have dig versions of those early bleach ones.

Ice King

Country
Italy
I can see One Piece losing it to Neverland at the end of the year.
Are you kidding ?

it's impossible. The total sales result of Neverland One Piece gets it in just one month.

Now thanks to the anime there has been a general recovery of the old volumes, but we must see how long it will last.

101nemesis

Country
India
It is dissapointing that reditions, like Bleach, on MangaPlus dont get color page treatments :( sad. as I would have liked to have dig versions of those early bleach ones.
I might be wrong, but didnt they officially release all volumes of Bleach in full color after it ended? I assume they probably don't wanna give that away to people.

OtterBrigade

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Canada
I might be wrong, but didnt they officially release all volumes of Bleach in full color after it ended? I assume they probably don't wanna give that away to people.
they're just uploading Viz's exact volumes (even has the "read this direction" thing) so adding the colour pages would be more work. Jojo starts off with colour pages then has this weird orange tint for a while just like Viz's release.

savethecat

Country
United States
Are you kidding ?

it's impossible. The total sales result of Neverland One Piece gets it in just one month.

Now thanks to the anime there has been a general recovery of the old volumes, but we must see how long it will last.
I mean, MHA could have had a shot in beating One Piece in 2018 if it’s last Volume of the year wasn’t pushed back.

It’s largely because One Piece seems to be releasing less volumes in one year now. Obviously Neverland isn’t more popular than One Piece, not does it sell more with one volume. But if the sales of its backlogs continue, combined with the 4 or 5 new volumes we’ll likely get this year, I would say it’s certainly possible that it could outsell One Piece this year

Savi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Israel
All new figure announced in Wonder Fest today (click to full size)

Dragon Ball (SSGSS Gogeta)

Space Adventure Cobra (Cobra)

One Piece (Carrot)

Naruto (Hinata)

Hokuto no Ken (Kenshiro | Raoh | Jagi)

The Promised Neverland (Emma | Phil | Isabella | Krone)

Death Note (Light | L)

City Hunter (Kaori)

Boku no Hero Academia (Todoroki | Toga | Kyoka Jiro)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Slow Dancer | D4C | Diego | Dio | Buccellati | Giorno)

Ice King

Country
Italy
I mean, MHA could have had a shot in beating One Piece in 2018 if it’s last Volume of the year wasn’t pushed back.

It’s largely because One Piece seems to be releasing less volumes in one year now. Obviously Neverland isn’t more popular than One Piece, not does it sell more with one volume. But if the sales of its backlogs continue, combined with the 4 or 5 new volumes we’ll likely get this year, I would say it’s certainly possible that it could outsell One Piece this year
The distance between the two series is still considerable.
We are talking about a series that sells two million volumes.

Although the sales of the old volumes have been very high, it remains a smepre effect of the success of the anime. We must see that we will keep constant. Who has recovered the old volumes now, will hardly do it in the future

savethecat

Country
United States
In your dreams LOL.
I don’t think MHA would have came in at #1 either way. However One Piece’s sales was slightly over 8 Mil, while MHA’s sales were at 6.8 or so.
MHA had a couple volume delays last year. had every volume released on schedule, it’s very possible it would have sat somewhere around 7.5 Mill.

Sure it wouldn’t win, but that’s VERY close. I think it shows that another manga dethroning One Piece is very realistic. It’s no easy task, but I wouldn’t scoff it off like it’s impossible

Tarot

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Italy
Neverland has the benefit of airing in winter which means we'll get to see almost an year long worth of sales from the backlogs + 4-5 volumes. The boost isn't slowing down either which makes it reasonable to say there's a high chance it outsells One Piece overall.

TyVip

Country
Mariejoa
One Piece volume 92 will release on 3/4, between 3/4 and Nov 30th they could squeeze in 2 more volumes, which make 4 volumes release between Nov 2018 - Nov 2019, plus the left over of Volume 90th.

>10 million copies ez.

4Eyes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
Buy Moria
Hey guys, does the mangaka KAITO have a profile on any social media?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 27)