Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
@101nemsis

i am not 10 stupid
What?

---

Btw why was G_I_A banned? I should start being careful if you guys are all saying that I'm following in his footsteps. :s
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I finally completed Ruroni Kenshin, imo its the greatest shonen manga ever written. I dont see how anyone can hate this masterpiece
ok pedo
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
I finally completed Ruroni Kenshin, imo its the greatest shonen manga ever written. I dont see how anyone can hate this masterpiece
Personally I thought it was repetitive and slow. I can talk more about it when I'm less busy. I don't think anyone hates it based on the series' own merit though.

I'm curious what you saw in it. What did you like about it? And also what are your other favorites, and your most hated titles? Maybe your taste will clue us in on what you liked about RnK.

 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
:pogchamp:pogchamp
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Well it's a terrible way to say you like BNHA, to go over every single one of the inferior series in Jump. If I like Chainsawman it doesn't mean I bash Yuragi-sou for being worse.
He only say this:
Current MHA arc is the best thing running in Jump currently, imo
And other people get triggered because Savethecat likes things that they don't, so he needed to say why is the best...

Also, you were days ago comparing MHA with chainsawman to say why you like the former, so this argument is a little weird lol.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
He only say this:


And other people get triggered because Savethecat likes things that they don't, so he needed to say why is the best...

Also, you were days ago comparing MHA with chainsawman to say why you like the former, so this argument is a little weird lol.
I gave actual reasoning back then as to what elements I didn't like about BNHA, and I only used Chainsawman as an example. I could have just as easily used One Piece to show series that "do it right".

And also, is it really so hard to understand my point that instead of actually sharing his thoughts, all he did was "BNHA is #1. Because OP is isn't. Because Neverland isn't. Because HQ isn't. x 20"?
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
The story and characters, everything just blew me away personally, my fav series is probably Kenshin followed by Toriko and JoJo, my least fav titles are sports manga
Fav characters and fav arc?

My fav character is prob ferret girl bc she a cutie. And fav arc is def hobo arc. (koff koff relevant other series)

Also how many manga have you read? It's possible if you haven't read a ton of variety, the Seinfeld effect wouldn't have reached you yet. Maybe if RnK was one of my first 10 manga, to this day it would still be my all-time favorite. Impossible to say unfortunately.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I gave actual reasoning back then as to what elements I didn't like about BNHA, and I only used Chainsawman as an example. I could have just as easily used One Piece to show series that "do it right".

And also, is it really so hard to understand my point that instead of actually sharing his thoughts, all he did was "BNHA is #1. Because OP is isn't. Because Neverland isn't. Because HQ isn't. x 20"?
idk, your reasoning behind that was similar that savethecat's reasoning.
Maybe even worse because he only stated a fact(right now he liked MHA more than other series) and other people got mad, while you go to a crusade on why your series is the best even tought it only have 20 chapters...
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hi I´m new.
I got recommended this page for news related for Jump.
I will not be a bother.
So many Act-Age avatars. haha Welcome. :3
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
idk, your reasoning behind that was similar that savethecat's reasoning.
Maybe even worse because he only stated a fact(right now he liked MHA more than other series) and other people got mad, while you go to a crusade on why your series is the best even tought it only have 20 chapters...
I never went on a crusade on why Chainsawman was the best. Are you even reading my comments?
Literally 2 minutes ago. " I only used Chainsawman as an example. I could have just as easily used One Piece to show series that "do it right". "
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Examples please.



Ouch. I thought I was only snappy to Rica_Patin sometimes, SharkBait sometimes, and most of the time to Rain Spectre. Oh and also to the people who kept virtue signalling on Toriko. I don't think I've really been too offensive on any other subject. Sometimes I scoff at comments that I find totally ridiculous. (Not including comments purely based on subjective taste.) I hope I don't come across as perpetually snappy and aggressive to literally everyone on the board.



I think it's amazing and the best thing since butter ;)



Well it's a terrible way to say you like BNHA, to go over every single one of the inferior series in Jump. If I like Chainsawman it doesn't mean I bash Yuragi-sou for being worse.

Okay, now let me quote parts of your post directly.

"One Piece is a close second.
Dr.Stone is always fun to me. But not my favorite arc in the magazine.
Admittedly I’m not caught up with Haikyuu, but I doubt Haikyuu would be my favorite arc in the magazine currently even if I was caught up
Kimetsu is solid, but not it’s strongest arc."

The reason I replied in such a way to your post is because, even without any reduction of your points, your comment is literally: "BNHA is #1. Why? Because One Piece isn't #1. Because Dr. Stone isn't #1. Because ..." If you gave actual points then we could discuss, but this is just hilarious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Nice profile pic <3
I simply just stated that it’s my favorite, and only explaining why that’s just MY personal preference, and why it makes sense for it to be my personal preference.

I like Haikyuu, but MY personally preference in manga is action and adventure series. I only pointed out that it wouldn’t be my favorite anyway, because a sports series would have to do a lot for me to like it more than an action series I think is great.

Saying “not in it’s best arc right now” is a valid reasoning; what series is in its best arcs constantly shifts for me. Next month I might think Dr.Stone has the best story arc running in the magazine.

I could write a full 30 Paragraph post about why I think MHA is in what I consider one of its best arcs in a while. And why I don’t consider Dr.Stone, Kimetsu No Yaiba and Chainsaw Man to be as strong. But I don’t think anybody ITT wants that many walls of text, nor do I want to write that all out. I summed it up by simply just saying “Dr.Stone is good right now. Just not my personal favorite arc”
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
we are still 126 pages away from reaching a monthly average needed to be back on track for 1000 pages this year...

keep it up everyone
 

El Jacco

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
342
Reaction score
2,920
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Thanks Nemesis.
Hoping the best and more growth for Act Age.
It´s my favorite manga right now.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
So many Act-Age avatars. haha Welcome. :3
I had no idea it was popular here.
P.S. No worries about disagreement on WNL/Nisekoi! Like I said, I never found neither bad and Nisekoi is still one of my fav Jump romcoms!
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Fav character is Kenshin, not sure what my fav arc is, the manga that ive read are Toriko, Kenshin, Naruto, JoJo, Black Clover, Dr Stone, Seven Deadly Sins, Dragon Ball and Bleach
Ah, that makes a bit more sense tbh. I know this sounds like me sitting atop my throne of whatever, but maybe once you dive into more stories you'll find more and more masterpieces to rival Rurouni. All I'll say for now is you have a lot of great stories to look forward to! :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I had no idea it was popular here.
P.S. No worries about disagreement on WNL/Nisekoi! Like I said, I never found neither bad and Nisekoi is still one of my fav Jump romcoms!
Which Jump romcoms have you read? I think my fav is Ichigo but I've never read I"s. Besides that WNL > Nisekoi. Which other ones are there even? :s
 

SalesNerd69

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
196
Reaction score
211
Age
28
Country
India
So Tokyo Shinobi squad deals with Abe and immigration policies?

安倍が移民入れまくる売国政策したせいで日本が無法地帯になるとかいうネトウヨの人が発狂しそうな話
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Ah, that makes a bit more sense tbh. I know this sounds like me sitting atop my throne of whatever, but maybe once you dive into more stories you'll find more and more masterpieces to rival Rurouni. All I'll say for now is you have a lot of great stories to look forward to! :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Which Jump romcoms have you read? I think my fav is Ichigo but I've never read I"s. Besides that WNL > Nisekoi. Which other ones are there even? :s
I have read Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, Yuuna, Cross Account, iShojo, Koisome Momiji, Hatsukoi Limited, Anedoki, Lock On (I consider this a mix of everything, but I will let it here) etc. There are also ones that I did not read like Kimi wo Shinrayku Seyo, Love Rush, Pajama na Kanojo, Hime-dol, and I think Pretty Face was a rom-com with action elements.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I had no idea it was popular here.
P.S. No worries about disagreement on WNL/Nisekoi! Like I said, I never found neither bad and Nisekoi is still one of my fav Jump romcoms!
It's fine, it's fine. haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top