Just one position away from the bottom, though, and one of the series in it just ended. Either way, it was ranking better previous weeks, so it's bad in comparison to before. I don't think the manga is in danger or anything, I'm just curious to see how exactly it will be received sales-wise and that's a sign that... Maybe not that well?
"Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen" roughly translates to... "Yozakura's (Something) Operation"?
There's apparently a lot of different words pronounced "chi" in Japanese so it could mean anything from "Yozakura's Blood Operation" to "Yozakura's Ground Operation".
This is just from me poking around in different Japanese to English dictionaries. I can't speak the language at all so I'd love to see a translation from someone who's better at it.
Just one position away from the bottom, though, and one of the series in it just ended. Either way, it was ranking better previous weeks, so it's bad in comparison to before. I don't think the manga is in danger or anything, I'm just curious to see how exactly it will be received sales-wise and that's a sign that... Maybe not that well?
At this point, it feels more like concern trolling.
Some of you are jumping the gun entirely too early in regards to Samurai 8. Unless it's in the bottom five, then there's literally no cause for concern.
Wait for the volume releases before all the doom and gloom, please. Middle ranking isn't a good enough indicator.
"Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen" roughly translates to... "Yozakura's (Something) Operation"?
There's apparently a lot of different words pronounced "chi" in Japanese so it could mean anything from "Yozakura's Blood Operation" to "Yozakura's Ground Operation".
This is just from me poking around in different Japanese to English dictionaries. I can't speak the language at all so I'd love to see a translation from someone who's better at it.
At this point, it feels more like concern trolling.
Some of you are jumping the gun entirely too early in regards to Samurai 8. Unless it's in the bottom five, then there's literally no cause for concern.
Wait for the volume releases before all the doom and gloom, please. Middle ranking isn't a good enough indicator.
I literally said I don't think is in danger - either way, I don't think Jump would cancel it even if it was in the bottom 1.
What I am saying is that the series was ranking closer to the top5 and now it's... not. I'm curious about the sales, though (hey, it was a poll), and I think it may be a sign of how much it will do.
Yeah, if it were one of the more traditional words read as "chi" I think the kanji would be used in the title (which is the case for, say, Yui Kamio, where there are a lot of puns that could be made, but the kanji in the title make it fairly clear). When I see that "-nchi", I think the contraction of "no uchi", which is "[a person's] house" or "[a person's] family". So, in turn, "-sanchi" seems like a contraction of that with the honorific "-san" that most are probably familiar with if you read manga translations. So without any context or anything else, I lean towards "The Yozakura Family's Grand Strategy". The contraction would be helpful in that case because it sorta emphasizes (assuming I'm right) that the "family" part is the subject. If it were "Yozakura-san no uchi no daisakusen" it could just as easily be the object (that is "Yozakura-san's Grand Strategy for a House").
Hi, I'm Buranchi's friend! Actually, lemme lead off based on a post already made:
Yeah, if it were one of the more traditional words read as "chi" I think the kanji would be used in the title (which is the case for, say, Yui Kamio, where there are a lot of puns that could be made, but the kanji in the title make it fairly clear). When I see that "-nchi", I think the contraction of "no uchi", which is "[a person's] house" or "[a person's] family". So, in turn, "-sanchi" seems like a contraction of that with the honorific "-san" that most are probably familiar with if you read manga translations. So without any context or anything else, I lean towards "The Yozakura Family's Grand Strategy". The contraction would be helpful in that case because it sorta emphasizes (assuming I'm right) that the "family" part is the subject. If it were "Yozakura-san no uchi no daisakusen" it could just as easily be the object (that is "Yozakura-san's Grand Strategy for a House").
Hi, I'm Buranchi's friend! Actually, lemme lead off based on a post already made:
Yeah, if it were one of the more traditional words read as "chi" I think the kanji would be used in the title (which is the case for, say, Yui Kamio, where there are a lot of puns that could be made, but the kanji in the title make it fairly clear). When I see that "-nchi", I think the contraction of "no uchi", which is "[a person's] house" or "[a person's] family". So, in turn, "-sanchi" seems like a contraction of that with the honorific "-san" that most are probably familiar with if you read manga translations. So without any context or anything else, I lean towards "The Yozakura Family's Grand Strategy". The contraction would be helpful in that case because it sorta emphasizes (assuming I'm right) that the "family" part is the subject. If it were "Yozakura-san no uchi no daisakusen" it could just as easily be the object (that is "Yozakura-san's Grand Strategy for a House").
38
The Promised Neverland (Cover & LCP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Dr. Stone
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Chainsaw Man
Ultramarine Battle by Furuta Seiran (Oneshot/47p/CP)
Black Clover
We Never Learn (CP)
act-age
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings
Samurai 8 Hachimaruden
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
Saigo no Saiyuuki (END)
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children
Futari no Taisei
Looking at the TOC I wouldn't really say that Samurai 8 is in a bad position yet though. I mean looking at the top of the ranking we've got 4CP, unranked series and among the series which didn't get a color page and are above Samurai 8 we've got
kimestu with an anime currently ongoing and doing so well in shoseki most of it's volumes are still in there
One Piece most selling series
dr. stone currently ongoing anime
MHA really popular series
haikyuu pit to be the longest running sport series in the magazine and extremely popular
jujutsu Kaisen which is doing pretty well and has been ranking high for a while
chainsawman which is also really gaining in popularity
Black Clover pretty popular series that had an anime
act-age which is gaining in popularity
Yuuna a series with 17 volumes
and people expect a series with not even 15 chapters to rank higher than all those just because the story is done by Kishimoto? nope not happening right now.
Samurai 8 got a lot of promotion, I don't think it's possible for it to do so badly it'll get axed, so many people know about it, it has to form some kind of audience, even if it doesn't become a hit.
It's a shame to see Saiyuki go, I guess there's nothing left but to hope for an epilogue chapter like Higuma, or at least look for volume extra content. I hope some of these new series are good enough to fill the spots being left by Hinomaru, Soma and the soon to be ending series.
As for Samurai 8, regardless of how it goes I think it'll sell enough to justify telling a 100 chapter story if that's what Kishimoto wants.
Regarding S8, I seen multiple ppl say that Kishimoto stated that he plans on it being a short series, lasting about 10 Volumes.
If that’s true, and Kishimoto’s estimate is currect, it’s possible that TOC position just doesn’t matter for the series, since it’s a short run has already been decided for the series regardless.
We’ve heard that story before from mangaka though(“I was planning on it lasting about 15 volumes, but it ended up being 82 Volumes. WHOOPSIE O.o”). So who knows
I wouldn't be surprised if Jump is building up to a bigger batch around November, right when TPN is concluding, which will see Yui, Beast, Shinobi and Taisei all getting the axe. That's what's gonna happen, methinks.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.