i can’t particularly think of a series I’d like Jump to have its own version of.
But I’d like more variety in the type of series Jump already has, which I feel like other Shonen magazines already display.
- more variety in settings. Not everything has to be set in high school. I’d especially like to see a sports series that goes with a different setting than usually formula of “new kid joins a sports club”.
Maybe the series starts with the person already knowing the sport and they’re a beginner in the pro league.
Maybe a real sport in a fictional setting
Maybe the kids don’t play the sport competitively. Maybe it’s just kids who like playing the sport for fun after school or recreationally(Shuudan was sort of this)
- Less “this is a secret organization of *insert unrealistic organization*”
I love some series that do this, like Demon Slayer, but I much prefer the route of a character and his friends doing things themselves.
- More variety in ages of the characters.
Maybe more series where the MC is a young adult. Like in their early 20s
Or maybe series where the characters are young. Like elementary school age. Pretty much every series currently has characters who around 15ish-16ish. With Luffy and Senku of Dr.Stone being the only 18 and over heroes.
- More female MCs. We have more than usual currently, with Emma, Kei, and And Yui. But I’d like to see even more. Maybe even a series or two where the central cast is female series. An action/adventure manga with a Trio like Tanjirou, Zenitsu, and Inosuke, accept all girls would be awesome. Or a Quarlet like Gon, Killua, Leorio, and Kuripaka, but a ration of 3 girls and a guy or all girls.
- More series where the setting is either a place outside of Japan, or based on a none-Japanese culture. It’s a Japanese magazine, so obviously I expect most of the series to be in Japan. But I like when we’d get JoJo stories set America, and places you don’t usually see manga set in like Italy. Or Fullmetal Alchemist where it’s clearly a fictional version of Europe.
- maybe more series where the main character(s) isn’t human, or doesn’t take a incredibly human appearance