Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 1394 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
They don’t HAVE to make every single change an editor suggests. That’s how you get a messy arc like Cell Saga.
Torishima was not Toriyama's editor at the time anymore though and hadn't been for years, as Torishima stopped being Toriyama's editor before the Saiyan Arc. So Toriyama's infamous plot changes after calls from Torishima were not about editorial mandate.

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Welp...there goes (almost) my hope for Bokura...it should have started like the oneshot...

Maybe the author is starting backwards on purpose to introduce the lore later on but what an odd way to start. :pout

4Eyes

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
OBO is one of the weakest things I've read on jump since the launch of M+. But it might even stick to the magazine if we consider AB is still running. The art can be great but the pacing is all over the place.

In the other hand, I like PS. It's an interesting mystery manga. It throws us some bones since the mysteries are kinda easy to follow and it's horror art really sets the mood. I like the new character too.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think Bokura may become the jump's most hated manga this year.

I don't think that twitter opinion means much, but it caught my attention:

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
But doesn't that title belongs to time paradox already. I haven't seen any reception to Bokura so far but I can see its either ignored or just "ah you exist, ok".

MrDropCombo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Manga plus appears to be busted after the new iOS update

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Amazing MHA chapter introducing some stuff and these final pages. Chainsawman has been very crazy and Dr.Stone, Mashle and WNL have had very good chapters this week.

This is my weekly Jump rank:

My Hero Academia
Chainsawman
Jujutsu Kaisen
Dr.Stone
Mashle
We Never Learn
Ayakashi Triangle
Undead Unluck
Mission of Yozakura Family
Honomieru Shonen
Hardcop and Dolphin
Our Blood Oath
Magu-chan
Black Clover
Agravity Boys
Highschool Family
Moriking
Me and Roboco

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
But doesn't that title belongs to time paradox already. I haven't seen any reception to Bokura so far but I can see its either ignored or just "ah you exist, ok".
Well, then we can say that being ignored is worse than being hated in some cases.

But I still prefer bokura to high school family, not that I think High school family is bad, it's just because it's the eighth comedy manga in less than a year.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Absolutely gut bustingly funny Chainsaw Man this week. Ayakashi also had a very solid chapter this week, looking forward to more. Roboco was funny, but will anybody in it's target demographic get the joke at the end? I liked this week's Blood Oath a lot more than the first one, but it still is a really weird way to start off a series.

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
OBO’s pacing is very worrisome. Definitely not a chapter you should put after the first one. I really want to like this story but if it doesn’t show its potential in the next few chapters it’s probably done for. I actually like the latest chapter of phantom seer more than the last one, still don’t know if this manga is for me but I’ll give it until chapter 10 to see if I like it or not. This latest chapter of CSM was hilarious. Like that it gave us comic relief this chapter without it feeling forced seeing how depressing the last chapters have been.

JJK really does have some of the best fight choreography in jump rn imo, also love that the spotlight is going back to best girl noboro. MHA really is teasing a massive game changing twist, it really is insane how unpredictable and intense this manga has become. UU is really bringing the hype levels up with the recent development that occurred these past 2 chapters. Mashle bringing in the hype and comedy as always.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I'm certainly the most curious about what Blood Oath is planning of the three this batch so far due to how strange the placing is.

High School Family is my favourite of the three but you know generally what to expect from gag manga after the first few chapters, and Phantom Seer, while well executed, is about as standard and predictable as jump gets, we've seen everything it could offer already. Blood Oath though I have no idea what the author is planning.

RafGL

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't usually comment much on series weekly, but I really hope Tabata rests in this break because having 11 pages this week in Black Clover seems incredibly worrying. And also, Our Blood Oath is impressively unenjoyable, I really can't help but almost skip the series with how rushed and unfocused its episodic pace is being. Phantom Seer has been doing the exact same thing, but for some reason it feels way, way more interesting. Don't really know how this will end, but I wouldn't bet anything for the series. And finally, really fun chapters for MASHLE and Yozakura.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm certainly the most curious about what Blood Oath is planning of the three this batch so far due to how strange the placing is.

High School Family is my favourite of the three but you know generally what to expect from gag manga after the first few chapters, and Phantom Seer, while well executed, is about as standard and predictable as jump gets, we've seen everything it could offer already. Blood Oath though I have no idea what the author is planning.
If the high school family does what you expect from a comedy, then the most standard of the three is that of the high school family.

Phantom seer is at least showing interesting things, no matter if it's standard or not.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't usually comment much on series weekly, but I really hope Tabata rests in this break because having 11 pages this week in Black Clover seems incredibly worrying. And also, Our Blood Oath is impressively unenjoyable, I really can't help but almost skip the series with how rushed and unfocused its episodic pace is being. Phantom Seer has been doing the exact same thing, but for some reason it feels way, way more interesting. Don't really know how this will end, but I wouldn't bet anything for the series. And finally, really fun chapters for MASHLE and Yozakura.
Each has its own way of circumventing the work system of the jump, in the case of Yuuki tabata it is through the number of pages. Black clover has a smaller number of pages than other jump Battleshonens.

OniluapL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Blood Oath had a really bad chapter 2, Phantom Seer is still bland, and Highschool Family had a... better chapter than the previous, but still doesn't do a lot for me. This batch was really disappointing, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.