Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 1396 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
CSM: Pure gold comedy this chapter, top kek! I want this chapter animated, voiced and on youtube as a clip! XD

MHA:
Feels like that training could have been shown before this arc but the talk between All Might and Bakugo would have happened unheard in the background to then be shown here again. Anyway, nice action.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Man, that power is so creepy! Great action, as always.

OBO: Tamashiro Dan from the U19 club is doing a fist pump atm and everyone is throwing money at the next axe candidate slot. Seriously, this is what an Editor should prevent from happening if a) he cares and b) the mangaka listens to him. This chapter felt like the kind of breather chapter you see in between arcs, not the 2nd chapter that goes deeper into the power system or world setting the characters interact with. I dunno, maybe the Japanese audience likes this, I found it pretty boring and sometimes confusing to read.

UU: Well, this chapter was unbelievable! Though a better term to describe it would be unfair. And sad. Poor girl... I am curious to see how this fight will end.

PS: The creepy Mirror part was nice, otherwise it was okay.

BC:
Not reading it, hope Tabata can take it easy though, seems to be in need of vacation.

Dr.Stone: Lol, for a second I thought someone got genderbendered. XD

HSF: We're Haikyu! now or more like Dadkyu!. XD

WNL: Eeeeeeh, okay? Feels like some forced wrap up that needed to happen? I wouldn't have minded more SoL chapters with Yuiga and Senpai. It was comfy.

M&R: Holy crap... she can actually cook!?! *Ooook*

Mashle: Lol, everyone is a sports manga today. Mashle with the Baseball based on swords style. xD

AT: Ninokuro's WK moment didn't lasted long, an interesting development though with nicely art as usual.

M:YF:
Well, it was okay I suppose.

HBC&D:
Liked this chapter a lot, it felt very Beelzebub like but with its own Ocean knowledge spin. :3

Magu-chan:
I hope Magu-chan can rise in the rankings soon and that it sells well. I don't want to lose this plush series~ We got a real club now, a temple of destruction for Magu-chan and a new friend/follower/worshipper as well. All hail Magu-chan, destroyer of worlds! <3

AB: Man, so many stats! Dude should make a PC game based manga someday. xD

Moridead: Man, Moriking is in deep trouble for the next axe round. Nothing in this chapter was really exciting or funny.

A pretty calm week for my taste.
Have to say though Red Hood was really awesome Little Red Riding Hood looked very cool as an adult!

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think Bokura may become the jump's most hated manga this year.

I don't think that twitter opinion means much, but it caught my attention:

Black Clover is last place, thats enough to get the "relevance" of the poll, but is curious ofc, about the reception of Bokura my impression its actually the opposite since i have been reading the opinions on jp twitter, a lot of comments since the release because i was super curious about it and the tone as a whole is far from "hate", there are criticism of course some "meh" too but most of the comments are "decent" to "interesting/good" and some praising as really good hence the very early fanarts popping up, there are a couple of comments talking about the series looking like a SQ series kkkk

Ofc as we can see with Agravity Boys popularity online dont necessarily reflects in the result and i dont know if in jp forums the manga is being trashed so just talking about comments on twitter.

Edit: this about 1st chapter, 2nd one i didnt read anything yet

Last edited:

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Regarding jjk having 22 episodes, it won't clash with shingeki, will it? I'm kinda worried. Dunno what to expect if they dare to release Snk at the same time. I know they are a large studio that holds several small studio to collaborate, but dunno in this situation.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Editor update

They kept rearranging things, so it seemed like something was going on and definitely some changes.

- Monji, Ikeda, and Minimimura are no longer with WSJ (could be with Jump+, but unknown for now).
- Azuma (in charge of Haikyu!! during the end of its run) is now in charge of Yozakura. This is apparently its fourth editor (Katayama launched, Ikeda, a second or third, and now Azuma).
- Two new editors were brought in (old news, but will note it anyway).
- Already known, but Taguchi is in charge of MHA.
- Unknowns are now Ayakashi, Dolphin, Magu (and HxH).

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Regarding jjk having 22 episodes, it won't clash with shingeki, will it? I'm kinda worried. Dunno what to expect if they dare to release Snk at the same time. I know they are a large studio that holds several small studio to collaborate, but dunno in this situation.
I am pretty sure I've said this many times before but both have different teams. MAPPA is a studios that is heavily dependent on freelance animators, directors, etc. Jujutsu Kaisen is being led by Park Sunghoo, which has done an amazing job on God of High School and some talented animators have already stated that they are working on Jujutsu Kaisen and other are expected to join in. Plus God of High School was done a while ago. In fact, Shingeki no Kyojin's situation is the one people should worry about.

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I am pretty sure I've said this many times before but both have different teams. MAPPA is a studios that is heavily dependent on freelance animators, directors, etc. Jujutsu Kaisen is being led by Park Sunghoo, which has done an amazing job on God of High School and some talented animators have already stated that they are working on Jujutsu Kaisen and other are expected to join in. Plus God of High School was done a while ago. In fact, Shingeki no Kyojin's situation is the one people should worry about.
Thank you very much. Its been a confusing week since those leakers have been teasing that final season will be "coming" in October. So its not only about the realm of production issues, but also the possibility of overshadowing JJK. (I know Jjk can hold on its own and having a good reach to a new audience).

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much. Its been a confusing week since those leakers have been teasing that final season will be "coming" in October. So its not only about the realm of production issues, but also the possibility of overshadowing JJK. (I know Jjk can hold on its own and having a good reach to a new audience).
If Shingeki no Kyojin happened in October you can be sure it would be one hell of an undewhelming season. Even with the delay, it probably won't be as good as many people expect it to be.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #42 - NEW VOTING SYSTEM

Sorry for the wait, the poll for issue #42 is now open HERE!

The system and number of J-Points allowed is the same from the last poll!

The extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 64
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 50
-Kaiju No.8 11
-World's End Harem: Britannia Lumiére 10 & 11
-Excuse Me Dentist, It's Touching Me! 7 & 8

Good Votes!

Rain Spectre

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Have to say, regarding Ayakashi, I'm genuinely quite surprised the direction its gone in. You'd think they would want a typical romcom, but no, it's very plot-focased.

Too bad Yabuki's character writing without Hasemi is pretty mediocre.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure Jump will get a more standard romcom sometime soon down the line, and as much as I like those, I quite like the groove Akayashi has fit itself in, I hope it sticks around and sales are good next month.

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn’t it crazy how this past year the most anticipated manga on this forum were always the ones that got critically/commercially panned.

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haven’t seen anyone post this yet. The cover art looks amazing and based on the cover it looks pretty unique. Wish it was a full serialization or at least put on manga plus.

Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Isn’t it crazy how this past year the most anticipated manga on this forum were always the ones that got critically/commercially panned.
At this point being underrated here, be pre first chapter or at least during the first ones, it's pratically a good sign lol Magu-chan it's almost a too perfect example of this being the worst ranked series of the last batch so far while the most "loved" here.

Bodoro

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Haven’t seen anyone post this yet. The cover art looks amazing and based on the cover it looks pretty unique. Wish it was a full serialization or at least put on manga plus.
Pretty random, but honestly, when I was scrolling down and passed that I thought that was Samurai Deeper Kyo for some reason, and I was like did I hit the Shounen Magazine discussion by mistake lol.

Anyways that art looks really nice, and looks pretty interesting to read. It would have been cool if M+ translated these.

Status
Not open for further replies.