• Total voters

Shinuki no Reborn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS TOC POLL ISSUE #13 - BOTH WAYS OF VOTING

The traditional poll for issue #13 is open to vote HERE

And now we have a second poll where the users can rank their 3 favorite chapters of the week from 1st to 3rd place and the way you rank the chapters will add more points/votes to the traditional poll, all the rules are well explained in the thread clicking HERE

Last edited:

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dr. Stone (Cover and LCP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shirosugi! Aku no Soshiki (One Piece Replacement, One-shot)
My Hero Academia
Mitama Security
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mashle
Chainsaw Man (CP)
Undead Unluck
Act-age
Guardian of the Witch
Black Clover
We Never Learn
Agravity Boys
Mission: Yozakura Family
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Zipman
Samurai 8

Issue #15
Cover and LCP: Black Clover
CP: We Never Learn, Chainsaw Man
Extended Chapter: Undead x Unluck

Last edited:

Dellinger

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Guys, if you really want to debate my One Piece opinions with me, do it in PMs. This thread is not the place for it.
What opinions ? You can’t even back them up.

Also this thread is just fine since it’s a WSJ discussion thread

NeeNeen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
maybe also add some jump plus titles?
I'd like to, but I don't have any rankings or sales of Jump+ titles to serve as an example. The dynamic probably isn't the same as for WSJ titles.

It's worth noting that Yozakura and Mitama also had the unusual occurrence of premiering after Kimetsu's entire backlog was taking up 17-18 slots that the other series didn't have to attempt to compete with. If I was trying to be fair and exclude this outlier event, I'd say Yozakura probably would've wound up between Chainsawman and Act-Age, while Mitama likely would've been between Samurai 8 volumes 1 and 2.
But every new series from now on will have that (as long as Kimetsu keeps going), so it's not all that unusual anymore. It's probably easier to adapt the other way around and just add 17-18 to the rank of the older titles if you want to compare them.

I'm just curious as to why Vigilantes isn't on Manga+. One Punch Man I can understand since I think it's on Young Jump's site rather than WSJ, Jump SQ, or Jump+, but Vigilantes is a Jump+ manga.
It is, but only in Spanish for some reason.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Why? Its always affected the main manga. Since the beginning. Is this a problem you have always had it just a problem now?
it's a problem I've since the beginning
I enjoy Koichi's and the gang adventures and interactions but the world feels small and limited and they can't really do anything significant in it since this is a prequel

but my biggest issue is the tie-ins from the main series
to me whenever a character from the main series shows up it always feel forced, outta of place and they add nothing to the story

they can't build tension with them since we know the like of Ingenium or Aizawa or whoever shows up survived whatever will be thrown at them
not to mention the story takes place in a world where All Might have not retired yet so why the worry? surely the world greatest hero will deal with any serious threat

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
There is a big difference between "I don't care about One Piece characters" and "People today don't like One Piece characters" which is not an opinion but a factually wrong biased statement. Straw Hats still clearly some of the most popular manga characters and even when its nearly 100 volumes long the manga still sells absurdly high numbers with nothing else other than Kimetsu comparing so obviously people still care
To be honest, I don't like(and many people agree) many Strawhats characters after the time skip tho.

Buranchi

チェンソーマン
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Just reminding that the poll for issue #11 will be open until tomorrow, this week's poll has so far quite less votes than the last ones, so if you guys didn't voted yet or forgot to do, vote HERE
Gonna bump this.

Come on guys, we need more voters. Not sure why it's declined so much.

Pudazuka

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, my vote would be excluded anyway, since I haven't posted 30 comments yet.^^

Buranchi

チェンソーマン
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, my vote would be excluded anyway, since I haven't posted 30 comments yet.^^
Well, it's not just the excluded voters. It's the regulars as well. We used to get like 80-90 voters (including excluded). Now we're getting 60~ or so.

That's a pretty big drop off.

Pudazuka

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, it's not just the excluded voters. It's the regulars as well. We used to get like 80-90 voters (including excluded). Now we're getting 60~ or so.

That DOES seem strange. I wonder if there is a reason for this or if it's just pure coincidence. Like, several users being busy in RL all at once or something.

Last edited:

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gonna bump this.

Come on guys, we need more voters. Not sure why it's declined so much.
I stopped voting because I found it kinda pointless when we started to discuss why we think series ranked certain ways we were told to go to the series topics when if I want to specifically compare say last week's Jujutsu and Chainsaw and why I think one ranked better or something that wouldn't really be possible without being off topic in one of those threads anyway.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Found some pretty nice Mitama cosplay on Twitter.

Although the first volume sales were by no means stellar, they also didn't seem hopeless for a gag series. In addition, I think this may be one of those cases where Mitama is getting a lot of votes in their weekly surveys and the editorial department is banking on the next volume selling better. It does seem like there are an increasingly vocal number of fans out there, and I have seen Tweets from several Japanese bookstores indicating that they have more volumes of Mitama again. I'm choosing to remain optimistic and believe we won't have another David-kun situation on our hands.

Buranchi

チェンソーマン
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I stopped voting because I found it kinda pointless when we started to discuss why we think series ranked certain ways we were told to go to the series topics when if I want to specifically compare say last week's Jujutsu and Chainsaw and why I think one ranked better or something that wouldn't really be possible without being off topic in one of those threads anyway.
You can be vague in your explanations, but yeah, plot discussions would violate the updated topicality rule. I don't see why that would stop you from voting, though.

But, fair enough.

Rouk'

Reaction score
Country
France

I think two things might explain it:
1-Two of the biggest series were on break last week (One Piece and Haikyu), that might have had an impact
2-There were no new manga. Maybe some people were more inclined to vote the previous weeks because they wanted to show their support to the newbies?

Rain Spectre

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia

I stopped because the extension to five series to vote for ruined the fun for me since it took away the idea that this was like the reader surveys. Petty, I know.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I stopped because the extension to five series to vote for ruined the fun for me since it took away the idea that this was like the reader surveys. Petty, I know.
For me though if it was limited to just 3, my vote would be the same pretty much every single week: some combination of Act-Age, We Never Learn, and Mitama. My fourth and fifth series at least revolve between a handful of different series. I do see your point about the difference between the 3 actually being used versus us using 5, but given that the sample-size actual WSJ has to pull from versus the minuscule-by-comparison sample size MangaHelpers pulls from, I think upping the allowable votes to 5 series at least helps keep the results more interesting to see.

Buranchi

チェンソーマン
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
We all saw what happened when we had it at three votes. Too many series were constantly tying. I get that it breaks tradition, but ties aren't fun, you know?

Plus, there's no rule stating that you HAVE to use all five votes.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You can be vague in your explanations, but yeah, plot discussions would violate the updated topicality rule. I don't see why that would stop you from voting, though.

But, fair enough.
I just found it pointless when I couldn't discuss why I voted the way I did or why I think others would have without jumping between 3-5 topics

OniluapL

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
For me though if it was limited to just 3, my vote would be the same pretty much every single week: some combination of Act-Age, We Never Learn, and Mitama. My fourth and fifth series at least revolve between a handful of different series. I do see your point about the difference between the 3 actually being used versus us using 5, but given that the sample-size actual WSJ has to pull from versus the minuscule-by-comparison sample size MangaHelpers pulls from, I think upping the allowable votes to 5 series at least helps keep the results more interesting to see.
I'm still voting, but, while I do get your point, it's sort of the opposite for me. Like, it's possible the series I like the most (One Piece, for instance) won't be in the top3 for me some weeks, but if I have to pick 5... I don't like that many series very much, so they will basically always get my vote, which bothers me a little. It also makes me vote for chapters I don't like _a lot_ (I know I don't need to vote for five, but eh, it feels weird)

Buranchi

チェンソーマン
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just found it pointless when I couldn't discuss why I voted the way I did or why I think others would have without jumping between 3-5 topics
You are allowed to discuss why, you just can't discuss plot details. Plus, that only applies to the older series. You're more than welcome to discuss plot details of the series that have less than three volumes.

FireFantasyVI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if my vote is discounted, I still vote because it lets me think about the entire magazine at once and reflect on what each series is doing each week. I have noticed while certain series usually get a vote (One Piece, Haikyuu, Mitama), almost every series has gotten a vote from me at some point or another, so I never really minded it being 5 votes.