Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Reading Somethin'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
155
Age
28
Country
Honduras
But it was odd considering that it forever was dead last in the ToC placments.
Jump likes to end the magazine on a high note, so there is a designated gag slot at the end. Also, Jaguar's average print is on a similar level to Black Clover. For a gag manga those are fantastic sales!
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Weekly Sales by Series - 3/16~3/22

#1
Kimetsu no Yaiba - 1,247,439
#2
Kingdom - 538,357
#3
Golden Kamuy - 163,491
#4
The Promised Neverland - 152,177
#5
Jibaku Shounen Hanko-kun - 128,776
#6
My Hero Academia - 126,943
#7
Fire Force - 120,846
#8
Haikyuu!! - 114,905
#9
Kanojo, Okarishimasu - 84,371
#10
Tokyo Revengers - 82,213

Kimetsu no Yaiba's 2020 total: 31,600,786
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Update on Shoseki. Seems like it was just a quick boost that won't hold up but let's wait another day or two, doubt it will boost newer volumes a whole lot, though.

#65 Dr. Stone 1
#76 Dr. Stone 2
#90 Dr. Stone 3
#104 Dr. Stone 4
#112 Dr. Stone 5
#139 Dr. Stone 6
#141 Dr. Stone 7
#144 Dr. Stone 14
#150 Dr. Stone 8
#154 Dr. Stone 9
#158 Dr. Stone 13
#161 Dr. Stone 10
#162 Dr. Stone 12
#173 Dr. Stone 11

Also, 14 KNY volumes above the newest Kingdom volume that was released only 5 days prior.

#1 Kimetsu no Yaiba 8
#2 Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
#3 Kimetsu no Yaiba 9
#4 Kimetsu no Yaiba 10
#5 Kimetsu no Yaiba 11
#6 Kimetsu no Yaiba 12
#7 Kimetsu no Yaiba 6
#8 Kimetsu no Yaiba 18
#9 Kimetsu no Yaiba 19
#10 Kimetsu no Yaiba 17
#11 Kimetsu no Yaiba 13
#12 Kimetsu no Yaiba 15
#13 Kimetsu no Yaiba 14
#14 Kimetsu no Yaiba 16
#16 Kimetsu no Yaiba 2
#17 Kimetsu no Yaiba 3
#18 Kimetsu no Yaiba 1
#19 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5
#20 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
Jesus christ lol. Next week is 2mln+ I guess
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Kimetsu no Yaiba's 2020 total: 31,602,011
I guess KnY really is the Nonko of manga right now.
Jump likes to end the magazine on a high note, so there is a designated gag slot at the end.
Ah yes....Zipman is my favorite gag manga.
But those Pyuu numbers really are quite remakable. If only Oricon and Shoseki recorded the numbers that long ago.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I guess KnY really is the Nonko of manga right now.

Ah yes....Zipman is my favorite gag manga.
But those Pyuu numbers really are quite remakable. If only Oricon and Shoseki recorded the numbers that long ago.
It was a hit from the start, right behind MHA in print figures at the start.

7 volumes
**3,700,000 - My Hero Academmia
**3,500,000 - Pyu To Fuku! Jaguar

8 volumes
**4,200,000 - My Hero Academia
**4,042,000 - Pyu To Fuku! Jaguar

What a beast...
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I mean Jaguar did great sure but other series like Chinyuuki (4'000,000 with only 6 volumes), ****** Kamen (6'000,000 with only 6 volumes), Sexy Commando (7'000,000 with only 7 volumes) have it beat by a long shot. Also Dr. Slump and Gintama of course did amazing..

But I'm amazed at how these short gag series I mentioned amazed so many sale with so few volumes, and why did they have so few volumes? I mean obviously they got to this numbers with 20+ years sales but I can imagine they at least sold 500,000 per volume each, so why were they canceled? Or maybe the authors just ended them in their own terms.. who knows.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I mean Jaguar did great sure but other series like Chinyuuki (4'000,000 with only 6 volumes), ****** Kamen (6'000,000 with only 6 volumes), Sexy Commando (7'000,000 with only 7 volumes) have it beat by a long shot. Also Dr. Slump and Gintama of course did amazing..

But I'm amazed at how these short gag series I mentioned amazed so many sale with so few volumes, and why did they have so few volumes? I mean obviously they got to this numbers with 20+ years sales but I can imagine they at least sold 500,000 per volume each, so why were they canceled? Or maybe the authors just ended them in their own terms.. who knows.
Chinyuki I've read was canceled because parents utterly hated the series.
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
I’m pretty sure Bobobo was a decent seller as well. Gag series lately have really struggled to sell as well as the others from the past.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I’m pretty sure Bobobo was a decent seller as well. Gag series lately have really struggled to sell as well as the others from the past.
If I had to speculate why, I'd say the issue is no one is really willing to spend money on episodic comedy which you can easily find free online. More narrative based comedies like Spy x Family have continued to find success, and Torture Princess gets a lot of view on Jump+ from what I can observe.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Chinyuki I've read was canceled because parents utterly hated the series.
I mean it did have an old hag which I saw a long time ago but I couldn't find now lol

I’m pretty sure Bobobo was a decent seller as well. Gag series lately have really struggled to sell as well as the others from the past.
7'000,000 with 21 volumes, also Takeshi sold 8'000,000 with 25 volumes both series pretty much averaging 300,000 sales per volume, not bad by any means but not even close to the short gag manga from the 90s I mentioned.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I found it.. I can't remember where exactly this item was put on sale, pretty sure it was an exhibition of MangaTaro's art or something, and I don't know if this specific image was published in WSJ but if it was I can totally see why a lot of parents getting mad over it lol.

ババア 抱き枕 (Baba Dakimakura) Extremely NSFW
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I don't understand why people are enjoying Mashle, it's just a plagiarism of Mob psycho 100 and Black clover, same for GOW. it's Attack on titan clearly
I hope agravity and UXU will have success instead
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
That's the version that was made right when sensei dominated the wnl poll, I remember seeing it on /a/ when the results leaked.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
It's still really absurd to compare results from totally different polls.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I don't understand why people are enjoying Mashle, it's just a plagiarism of Mob psycho 100 and Black clover, same for GOW. it's Attack on titan clearly
I hope agravity and UXU will have success instead
Copying BC? That's a new argument against Mashle. Wonder if it's because you think magic is solely BC's territory (which it isn't).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top