Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 294 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I'm curious to see the next issue preview, to get proper idea of what ame no furu will really be about.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The new series is about sweets? that's a new thing for Jump, but it has to have a twist, something like Dagashi Kashi wouldn't work on Jump.

It did't
The director of gintama said that he would like to direct a samon anime. Thats not the same.
I still doubt AT have studios asking about anime adaption
-Popular series
-Made by Kentaro Yabuki from To Love-ru
-Themes are very mainstream and easily marketable.

Really not hard to see why Ayakashi couldn't have a anime planned already.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since we're getting 2-in-2-out this serialisation round, here's how I see the rest of the magazine once the next cancellations do come around issue #28:

Veterans:
  • One Piece
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • My Hero Academia
  • Dr. Stone
  • Black Clover
Safe:
  • Mashle
  • The Elusive Samurai
  • Undead Unluck
  • Mission: Yozakura Family
  • Sakamoto Days
  • Me & Roboco
  • WITCH WATCH*
Too soon:
  • Blue Box
  • Ame no Furu
Fluctuating:
  • Ayakashi Triangle*
  • Magu-chan: God of Destruction
  • High School Family: Kokosei Kazoku
  • Nine Dragons' Ball Parade*
In danger:
  • Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin
  • I tell c

Basically, if it's another two series round then the options for the axe looks fairly obvious. If it's anymore then it'll just depend how the fluctuating series perform in the next month or two.

*Obviously things could change, mainly Nine Dragons and the rest of its round once we know the first volume sales to compare with others. I'm also not sure where Ayakashi Triangle stands with its stagnating sales and being a bottom 5 regular nowadays even if it seems to have that ecchi spot in the magazine secured.
why isn't undead x unlock in fluctuating?

ItsSamu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Mainly because it doesn't really move around that much anymore. Apart from occasionally in mid and late 2020 when it was in the top 5 it's usually ranked between 8th and 10th in the TOC most weeks, which feels more like a conscious choice from the editorial department and where it fits best in the TOC for its audience - it sits in the middle/back of the magazine without ever being in real danger but acts a good gauge for series ranked below it to be noticeably not doing well. It might not be growing at the same rate as Mashle but its still part of that duo and it's pretty much safe from cancellation until it gets an inevitable anime announcement either late this year or next.

I suppose you could say Ayakashi Triangle is in a similar situation and even now it's not in any real danger in the near future but if I'd place my bets on one staying over the other, I'd say Undead Unluck.

galaxy-juice

Reaction score
Country
United States
The way I see it, "In Danger" will probably be gone in the next batch, and the series in "Fluctuating" might be axed if the next batch needs an extra series or two. They also might easily rise up to Safe or drop down to In Danger in the coming weeks.

The odds of Undead Unluck getting axed in the next batch (or even the next two or three batches) is pretty low. It's obviously not performing well enough to last forever but there are a lot of series that need to go before it's in any danger. Undead Unluck is safer than Roboco in any case.

I'd say it's as safe as Yozakura, but I don't know much about that series' sales. How has it been doing lately?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Mainly because it doesn't really move around that much anymore. Apart from occasionally in mid and late 2020 when it was in the top 5 it's usually ranked between 8th and 10th in the TOC most weeks, which feels more like a conscious choice from the editorial department and where it fits best in the TOC for its audience - it sits in the middle/back of the magazine without ever being in real danger but acts a good gauge for series ranked below it to be noticeably not doing well. It might not be growing at the same rate as Mashle but its still part of that duo and it's pretty much safe from cancellation until it gets an inevitable anime announcement either late this year or next.

I suppose you could say Ayakashi Triangle is in a similar situation and even now it's not in any real danger in the near future but if I'd place my bets on one staying over the other, I'd say Undead Unluck.
Everything you said can be said about Ayakashi, and it sells better than Undead too, Sharkbait point is that placing Ayakashi as "Fluctuating" and something like Undead not, doesn't make much sense.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Once again ES on the top positions. I guess it will stick.

The Bottom 3 definitely represents the next 3 series to be axed.

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Everything you said can be said about Ayakashi, and it sells better than Undead too, Sharkbait point is that placing Ayakashi as "Fluctuating" and something like Undead not, doesn't make much sense.
That's why I said they have similar situations and said originally I wasn't sure where to place it. But at least Undead Unluck sales have shown growth over its volumes where Ayakashi Triangle hasn't, and on average UU has higher TOC rankings as well, so out of the two I'd still say is in a safer position. Ayakashi Triangle has been in the bottom 5 for the last six weeks as well, so nothing about it is necessarily improving at the moment.

I doubt AT is actually in serious danger but it's not exactly a growing title either. I'm sure there will be enough series that do worse or fall to the bottom enough times to keep it going at the same pace its at now, but that's why it was one of the ones I put an asterisks beside.

Last edited:

Visselian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can HSF outlive Magu-chan?

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Undead's doing fine, it's just settled in the mid-low part of the magazine. That used to be a pretty normal spot several series would fill long term back before all their hits ended.

Visselian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
please no, we dont need no more magu chan haters in the thread. let magu alone.
I'm not a Magu hater, but, both fluctating in positions like that is pretty interesting. I'm just wondering what will happen when the time comes and Jump have to choose between one of these two.

galaxy-juice

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not a Magu hater, but, both fluctating in positions like that is pretty interesting. I'm just wondering what will happen when the time comes and Jump have to choose between one of these two.
Hard to tell right now, since HSF is behaving strangely (surprisingly high ranks). But although it may change in 2-3 weeks, right now it looks very favorable for Magu-chan. It has a better average rank and better sales than HSF.

Aiwass_97

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
Shoseki - 04/07

01. Boku no Hero Academia #30
06. Dr. Stone #20
11. Black Clover #28
58. Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken Shinsou Ayarokuban #16
60. Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken Shinsou Ayarokuban #17
96. Sakamoto Days #01
149. Boku to Roboco #03
248. Build King #01
274. Shakunetsu no Niraikanai #03
327. Agravity Boys #05

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
When is HSF v2 due to release?

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Build King is ending today but...
-Final page isn't a "final page", but a cliffhanger
-Volume 2 in June, volume 3 in September, and not any note saying is the final volume
-No message of "look forward to next Shimabukuro work"

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Build King is ending today but...
-Final page isn't a "final page", but a cliffhanger
-Volume 2 in June, volume 3 in September, and not any note saying is the final volume
-No message of "look forward to next Shimabukuro work"

Why they do him like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.