Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion! | Page 401 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy-juice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And to the haters, a very sincere gtfo and it is not necessary for ya'll to rain on someone's parade. The fact that it is one of the highest best selling manga ever says something that Gege is doing something right.
Anyone can say that they aren't a fan of a series, an arc, or a fight. Especially since a lot of people like to talk about their thoughts on the magazine and/or do weekly rankings.

No one has tried to "rain on someone's parade" in regards to JJK lol.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
17. Nue's Exorcist: The whole part about them sleeping in the same room was unnecessary to the discussion that followed. Damn youngsters today and their taste in mangas!!
Honestly, In your last two reviews it feels like you're just kinda trying to find any excuse to criticize about the manga lol And i'm not saying you have to enjoy the chapters but the reasons pointed out in the reviews aren't much coherent.

Last edited:

Zest00

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
There is an unofficial popularity poll in the Otaku Community that happened a few days ago about nues exorcist

Characters that are popular with guys.

1. Shiroha
2. Nue
3. Gakuro
4. Suo-Senpai
5. Tsujita
6. Kyokotsu
7. Zenno

Characters that are popular with girls.

1. Kyokotsu
2. Shiroha
3. Gakuro
4. Tsujita
5. Nue
Zenno being that low is criminal, how can Japanese don't see the beautiful of our brief boy?

Also Kyokotsu at 1st? Really? I mean I like him and all but he is way less interesting than Shiroha.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone can say that they aren't a fan of a series, an arc, or a fight. Especially since a lot of people like to talk about their thoughts on the magazine and/or do weekly rankings.

No one has tried to "rain on someone's parade" in regards to JJK lol.
I know. Criticism is welcomed but calling it worst manga in Jump is just unnecessary and baseless hate lol.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (September 9)
8. SAKAMOTO DAYS 13
19. The Elusive Samurai 12
28. Mission: Yozakura Family 19
38. Kill Blue 1
443. Fabricant 100 3
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (September 10)
7. SAKAMOTO DAYS 13
24. The Elusive Samurai 12
30. Mission: Yozakura Family 19
38. Kill Blue 1
Yozakura always find the way :catshrug

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Do Retry had a pretty nicely done ending all things considered, despite the joke of a series it was. We got the big climactic fight with the dad to change his mind, they went back home together, the sister got better, then we got a timeskip epilogue showing where the mains are now plus a quick side panel with a few of the others and-TO BE CONTINUED

...what...? How is there another chapter left? It's... it's done, even had a timeskip epilogue and everything. Did the author mishear how long it had to go and wrap up early by mistake?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, basically every battle shounen mc is a "hero" so this is what it probably means.

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I know. Criticism is welcomed but calling it worst manga in Jump is just unnecessary and baseless hate lol.
Baseless? It's based on my personal taste. I said it was a contender for the worst current manga when comparing the recent chapters of everything right now. Of course overall I think JJK is better than a lot of the series I put above it week-to-week, but if we're talking about a snapshot of the recent chapters then that's where it ranks for me and I genuinely think this fight is poorly done so there's no point lying. But hey, a few posts after mine it's being claimed as literally the best fight of all-time of any medium ever. And based on the general response it seems to be getting more praise than critique, but I'm happy to be a dissenting voice in a series that's otherwise doing just fine for itself by its fans, especially since I think it matches with the discussion of veterans and their potential bad habits that might bite them with a future series.

Giblow_20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
" hero " again ?
I think it is the difference between Hero and hero. Yuusha is a legendary Hero like in Dragon Quest, Eiyuu is a general term for any hero

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP #41 - POLL VOTING!

The voting for issue #41 is open and we have a new series in town, so don't forget to send your votes!

Zest00

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I guess I'm going to do this every week until they come out... (This time I will include Rakuten Ranking)

Amazon and Rakuten Pre-order for WSJ October Release from the best to the worst.

Physical Amazon Pre-order

Jujutsu Kaisen Vol 24: 58
Blue Box Vol 12: 2,636
MASHLE Vol 18: 2,954
Akane Banashi Vol 8: 3,060
Nue's Exorcist Vol 1: 3,332
Witch Watch Vol 13: 3,637
Ichinose Family Vol 4: 7,121
Undead Unluck Vol 18: 8,689
Cipher Academy Vol 4: 15,743
Tenmaku Cinema Vol 2: 17,458
Asumi Kakeru Vol 1: 29,742

Digital Amazon Pre-order

Jujutsu Kaisen Vol 24: 17
Witch Watch Vol 13: 795
Akane Banashi Vol 8: 874
Blue Box Vol 12: 1,207
MASHLE Vol 18: 1,240
Nue's Exorcist Vol 1: 1,526
Undead Unluck Vol 18: 1,862
Ichinose Family Vol 4: 1,927
Cipher Academy Vol 4: 2,325
Asumi Kakeru Vol 1: 19,886
Tenmaku Cinema Vol 2: 25,826

Rakuten Weekly Pre-order (September 4-10)

Jujutsu Kaisen Vol 24: 2
MASHLE Vol 18: 204
Akane Banashi Vol 8: 308
Witch Watch Vol 13: 337
Blue Box Vol 12: 343
Undead Unluck Vol 18: 495
Ichinose Family Vol 4: 900
Nue's Exorcist Vol 1: 1,313
Cipher Academy Vol 4: 1,355
Asumi Kakeru Vol 1: 3,006
Tenmaku Cinema Vol 2: 4,832

Last edited:

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Assuming MMA fall to bottom 5、do you think WSJ will keep it anyway just because it is the only proper sport manga? Or maybe they will try to serialize other sports manga to see if it will do better. Or just give up on sports. There was a long stretch with no sports manga recently I think. Sales so far seems lackluster

Tenmaku actually beat it in Amazon....

samama10

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
MamaYuyu: Pretty good first chapter I can't lie
Good art. Can't wait for Ch2

Kill Blue 20: Great chapter once again! Great art and good pacing. Such a great series 9/10

Blue Box 116: Pretty good chapter. Can't wait for Taiki to go mad. 8/10

shonenblue

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
The possibility of MMA flopping is an incredibly sad one indeed. Feels like even a few weeks ago, people here were pretty confident it was going to be a success, but now with all the bottom feeders getting the axe and those Amazon sales numbers looking as bad as they do, I can’t help but feel a sense of worry. I really hope it can pull through because I’ve grown to love it.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The possibility of MMA flopping is an incredibly sad one indeed. Feels like even a few weeks ago, people here were pretty confident it was going to be a success, but now with all the bottom feeders getting the axe and those Amazon sales numbers looking as bad as they do,
unsure why people would use sales as its only success, Hinomaru Zumou survived and it wasnt ever a Toriko level seller.

shonenblue

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
unsure why people would use sales as its only success, Hinomaru Zumou survived and it wasnt ever a Toriko level seller.
Well, I’m not saying the sales alone will kill it, obviously the TOC is mainly the thing to look out for, and so far it is doing fine. That’s why I also mentioned Fabricant/Tenmaku/Do Retry ending, because without that padding in the bottom the series could fall in the rankings. Of course we’ll just have to see. Ice-head Gill and Ichinose Family will definitely provide some cushion. I certainly don’t think it’s gone next round or anything.

Either way, you bring up a good point that Kawada’s last series didn’t sell the best and still got a good run, so I do thank you for quelling my anxious mind, if only a bit 😂

Last edited:

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Assuming MMA fall to bottom 5、do you think WSJ will keep it anyway just because it is the only proper sport manga?
If they cared that much about sports specifically we wouldn't have had like 2-3 years since the last "proper" sports manga (we're assuming here editorial doesn't count either Blue Box or Akane as filling that role) was even attempted

Bulju

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Assuming MMA fall to bottom 5、do you think WSJ will keep it anyway just because it is the only proper sport manga? Or maybe they will try to serialize other sports manga to see if it will do better. Or just give up on sports. There was a long stretch with no sports manga recently I think. Sales so far seems lackluster

Tenmaku actually beat it in Amazon....
Amazon preorders are good for looking at trends, not hard numbers and saying "X series beat Y series". Specially when the ranking is in the five digit range, where just a couple preorders probably make a huge difference. For reference less than a week ago I caught Nue at around 12k digitally, even though before then it was hovering at around 5k and now it's back up to 2k. It's probably going to be a mid-level success at worst but saying anything more specific than that would be unfounded.

I'm not gonna tell you to huff hopium though, because looking at things other than these numbers still doesn't paint a good picture for Asumi. Specially the voice comic views, which are the worst since Tenmaku. I think this next ToC placement will be crucial for determining it's current spot in the magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.