Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Anyone heard about that?
Yes, it's news Naruto Art-book. It's out 04/07.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm excited about Kawashita's new series. Hopefully it can hang around longer than Hatsukoi Limited did. I'll be looking forward to the first chapter.
Same here ;)

I mean I liked Hatsukoi Limited's idea, but I guess it expanded too fast, and it spiraled out of control. In the end, I can't even name the majority of the girls... and let alone the guys... I can't name any now :p




On an unrelated note... for some reason no one seemed to have noticed (not even a fanatic fan like Himajin), TLR mentioned some "important announcement" for the next issue. It was written at the bottom of Page 4 in Ch. 154. Normally, I would ignore it (as I usually ignore the advertising texts on various pages), but somehow, this one caught my eyes when translating the chapter ;)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

On an unrelated note... for some reason no one seemed to have noticed (not even a fanatic fan like Himajin), TLR mentioned some "important announcement" for the next issue. It was written at the bottom of Page 4 in Ch. 154. Normally, I would ignore it (as I usually ignore the advertising texts on various pages), but somehow, this one caught my eyes when translating the chapter ;)
Could it be another OVA? Or, a second season of the anime. The first sold well enough and it's about the time of year they start making the announcements for the fall season.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Could it be another OVA? Or, a second season of the anime. The first sold well enough.
I thought about it, but wouldn't they want to break a news like that with a CP?

Someone over there at JoJoHot was jokingly saying that it could be:

1. TLR is ending (this one would make me cry :p)
2. TLR is going to another magazine.
3. Another new character (since when would they call that "important announcement"!?)

My personal take is that, it could be Yabuki is planning for an illustration artbook...
 

Tru_TO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
65
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Beelzebub is my favourite new ongoing Jump series now (not including OP, Naruto or HxH)
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

A To-Love announcement is unexpected considering how low it's been the ranks (regardless of Yabuki's issues). Though considering how easy it is for ecchi to have "sequel anime", 2-Love could be possible...as would a new artbook for Yabuki.

Looking (finally) at the new series...none really stand out: in particular the third just seems like it has similar designs to the likes of a Jaguar or an Inumaru.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I like the look of the third one. Though I imagine it has a lot to compete with right now.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

For all of the Jump Grade 1 one shots, I enjoy all of the one shots. Especially, I like Kuromitsu-sama Mairu and Lock On!. I love these two one shots picture and plot. I hope Jump editors consider to serialize these two one shots.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ehh not expecting a lot out of this round of newcomers.
I have high hopes for the second one. Don't know why cause more than likely my hopes will be dashed very quickly either by low ranking and quick cancellation or by bad story telling.

But a man can dream of an extremely original fighting/action series
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Any news on when Psyren will be out?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Be out of what? :blink
I think he means when will the new chapter be out?
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think he means when will the new chapter be out?
Erm... I'm pretty sure Vic had already scanned the raw on Friday... which is why I'm asking what is he trying to ask :p
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think he's talking about volume 7.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think he's talking about the Edited Manga. And it will be out when it's out :p

Anything else on the subject can be posted in Psyren's thread. Better yet, drop the subject entirely and avoid annoying Shirmpy and the Manga Editors. Please.
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think he's talking about volume 7.
Volume 6 only just came out in June... why would he even be asking about 7? :p

P.S. The planned release date is August 3rd, if you must know ;)

I think he's talking about the Edited Manga. And it will be out when it's out :p

Anything else on the subject can be posted in Psyren's thread. Better yet, drop the subject entirely and avoid annoying Shirmpy and the Manga Editors. Please.
Well... then I don't think this is even the right place to ask about that information :D
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Just to clarify, when I said it looks like two out of the three newcomers will fail, I was obviously talking about Kagijin and the gag one. Jump is crowded with comedy/gag and battle manga already, while the ecchi genre is represented only by... To-Love. :P
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

And Medaka Box.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Medaka doesn't fit in the same genre as To-Love. There isn't as much fanservice and there's more of a focus on comedy and some fighting instead of romance. For now it's a comedy/slice of life series with strong ecchi influences - and I hope it stays that way.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

What is Kagijin a one shot?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top