Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
(And on that note, are you guys sure that there'd be a spot for DGM when it comes back? I mean, without having to cut another series? Well, anyway.)
DGM's spot was never filled. Only three debuted in December after two cancellations and two series went on hiatus. DGM will take up the space there using for one shots right now.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Kind of surprised there's no psyren in the list noodle :p

oh and yeah I know how painful it can be when a great serie is axed. Just like mx0, man was I very sad I had to read it was ended :)
Mx0 had a good life. the ending just felt... less complete than it actually was.

and I don't HATE psyren. it's just been so mediocre in part. but with a true villain and shao under it's belt (i still hope in vain that shao made nemesis q) it's developing SLOWLY into a good series. no... wait do i like action series?... ah crap i've forgotten. well it's no toriko but i guess psyren is a dual genre being sci fi aswell... so... yeah it's okay... no space adventure cobra though.

but nothing ever is *sighs boyishly*

braiking boss said:
Considering how that fight will be just as bad if not worse I'm hoping Bakuman and Toriko pull ahead. Hell, I'd love if Bleach even fell below Reborn in terms of rankings and sales eventually.

Current Bleach does not deserve to be ahead of so many series. -____-
I second this. which considering that this month's reborn volume is the WORST (genkishi tsuna fight) is saying something

lots of ggpx said:
EVERYTHING TYPED SO FAR
one day i'm going to be as brutal(ly honest) as you... that both scares me and sounds like fun...



moving on before i'm in trouble for dredging shit back up:
cuts are before the next set of series, and two will be cut i imagine, maybe three if a gag series dies... which... isn't gonna happen

and i'm kinda glad DGM is gone for now.. means i got an AA oneshot! :D
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yo, I heard about a different death note one shot coming out in issue 10.

Don't see it anywhere.
Can someone help me out?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yo, I heard about a different death note one shot coming out in issue 10.

Don't see it anywhere.
Can someone help me out?
That would be the first thing I hear about that

Could it be you are confused with the L one shot that has been released a while ago
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
the death ntoe 109 chapter was last year issue 11 ¬_¬
besides obata and ohba are busy with bakuman, and nisioisin (the novel one who did last years one shot) has been a busy bunny recently
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That would be the first thing I hear about that

Could it be you are confused with the L one shot that has been released a while ago
Maybe that could be it?
Ah, I must have gotten confused...
Thanks for telling me though!

the death ntoe 109 chapter was last year issue 11 ¬_¬
besides obata and ohba are busy with bakuman, and nisioisin (the novel one who did last years one shot) has been a busy bunny recently
Ah yeah, I'm aware that it ended.
And yes, I agree that both Ohba and Obata are busy with Bakuman.
However, this is the first time I've heard of Nisiosin, was it drawn by Ohba? (Or Obata, I can never tell which is which. >.>)

One the Shonen Jump Website, I saw something about Hikaru no Go. Anyone want to tell me what this might be? *wishes in vain that it has something to do with manga*

http://jump.shueisha.co.jp/hikaru/kanzen/index.html

Also, I did see something about Hikaru no Go in Jump today.
I think they're releasing a few mores tanks?
I may be wrong.
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
nisioisin is the writer of the death note novel, adn the death ntoe one shot... and the latest AA oneshot

and hikaru no go is getting rereleased as kanzenban, much like shaman king is
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ohhh.
But, hey can you tell me what a kanzenban is?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
ah sorry my elitist mindset always overrides saying anything useful in my posts XD

kanzenbans are basically special rereleases of popular series, they're about 40 pages bigger than normal volumes, are released 2 a month till it's done, are printed on high quality paper, contain all the original colour pages, and gives the artist and writer a chance to redraw stuff that was wrong initially... oh and contain bonus content. and new covers! they're always fun. sometimes with series like shaman king(okay ONLY with shaman king) they'll complete a story that wasn't done properly for whatever reason.. but don't expect that with HnG.

so basically starting this month volumes 1 and 2 of hikaru no go will be released in all their glory, with 3 and 4 next month and so on till its done (the full amount of volumes will be about.... iono 3-6 volumes less than it used to be).

so yeah enjoy the information, kanzenbans are awesome... HnG could well be a pinnacle if obata brings his bakuman art style to the covers of the kanzenban :D
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
For U.S. fans VIZbig is essentially kanzenban.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
close. for us or uk or amazon using fans vizbig is bunkobans, the 3 in 1 dealies with no extras, redraws, and only some colours. still groovy but in no way as awesome as kanzenbans
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
close. for us or uk or amazon using fans vizbig is bunkobans, the 3 in 1 dealies with no extras, redraws, and only some colours. still groovy but in no way as awesome as kanzenbans
I feel a little ripped off, thanks. At least they have the good taste to put Hot Gimmick and Vagabond as bunko's. Add some better Jump series and I'll be happy.
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One the Shonen Jump Website, I saw something about Hikaru no Go. Anyone want to tell me what this might be? *wishes in vain that it has something to do with manga*

http://jump.shueisha.co.jp/hikaru/kanzen/index.html
ah sorry my elitist mindset always overrides saying anything useful in my posts XD

kanzenbans are basically special rereleases of popular series, they're about 40 pages bigger than normal volumes, are released 2 a month till it's done, are printed on high quality paper, contain all the original colour pages, and gives the artist and writer a chance to redraw stuff that was wrong initially... oh and contain bonus content. and new covers! they're always fun. sometimes with series like shaman king(okay ONLY with shaman king) they'll complete a story that wasn't done properly for whatever reason.. but don't expect that with HnG.

so basically starting this month volumes 1 and 2 of hikaru no go will be released in all their glory, with 3 and 4 next month and so on till its done (the full amount of volumes will be about.... iono 3-6 volumes less than it used to be).

so yeah enjoy the information, kanzenbans are awesome... HnG could well be a pinnacle if obata brings his bakuman art style to the covers of the kanzenban :D
Oh! :O
No wonder, I thought that Shaman king had a new artstyle.
It's be great if I can manage to pick one up or two.
Special orders at Japanese bookstores FTW (Though they tend to speak to me in Japanese cause I'm asian. >.>)

Dude, if HnG was drawn with Obata's current artwork, that'd be killer!
Even if it isn't, I have to get at least one of HnG kazenban.

Although, I'd like to know the yen price of a regular kazenban.
Usually, it tells you on the back of the tankoban.
Like for example, a Sket Dance tank would cost 400 YEN.

I want to try and find out how much it will be when the bookstore gets it's shipment.
Usually, they add 3 more U.S dollars in my bookstore.
Just curious!
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
the covers or character profiles would realistically be the only redraws in bakumans style, and redraws in the actual chapters would have to be HnG style to avoid confusion.

on the WSJ note and the topic i should list this month's (february's) releases. Massive thanks to Heiji-sama of course:

Naruto #45

wait... this is an awesome cover... i'm scared

Reborn #23

and the lamest arc of reborn gets a kinda lame cover

bleach #37

How delayed ARE THESE?!

Kochikame #163

man i love kochikame covers... but then.... gag fanboy.

Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar #16

and Jaguar continues to have awesome covers... man i need to buy all these

Majin Tantei Neuro Nougami # 20

So 20 volumes in... Neuro's still floating by, and has a cover i like for a change

Toriko #3

Pretty much a favourite this month, if only cause it means the first two volumes weren't the start of a massive chain!

Asklepios #1

Kind makes me feel like i'm gonna miss the series. Cmon, be popular in tank form! just ot confuse shit even more!

Inumaru Dash #1

Quite a good series for this little gag series. much better than maison du penguins... entire set of volumes.

Chagecha (singular volume)

doesn't make me care about the series at all, but it does make me think... nothing at all
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Damn how plain is that Bleach cover?

Yeah I think this might be the best Naruto Volume Cover till date:

 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Only one cover stands out. It's even a serie I don't read but neuro's cover looks the best. The rest of the covers are so bland. The reborn and bleach cover are worse :)
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Am I the only one who didn't like the Naruto cover?

Oh, and while it did bomb, the Chagecha cover does at least give a few color schemes so it wasn't a complete loss...I really wish I knew why they would wait so long for what's essentially a one-volume series but Jump is a bit wacky.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i think my enjoyment of it is somewhat based on it being related to narutos first good arc since.... okay i can't think of many good arcs.

and the wait is the same reason as poseidon's second volume: they don't know if ANYONE will buy it so they wait on it and give in eventually
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Dude, if HnG was drawn with Obata's current artwork, that'd be killer!
Eh no, absolutely no. What I dislike the most is Obata's 'style evolution' which went into the completely wrong direction for use as storytelling. He's awesome with standalone art like the latest Bakuman cover but I can't say that I liked any of the story pages so far in terms of art. HnG was much easier on the eyes.

Am I the only one who didn't like the Naruto cover?
Nope. It looks like a cheap patchwork. I really miss how the older covers where done. It's been ages since I 'fangirled' over a Naruto cover.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top