Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
That's it. I'm not starting any newcomer anymore before it managed to survive a year -_-;


(And 'yay' for DGM *fangirls* <3333)
 

kim09

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
#12 (16/02) :
Sket
Mago
Es21
Neuro
To Love
Meister (End)
Jaguar

#13 (23/02) :
Ryuuha Tamura / Beelze Baby (New Série)
Inu, Neuro, Es21 (Pc)

#14 (02/03) :
Kawaguchi Yukinori / Série sur le Basket (New Série)

#15 (09/03) :
D.Gray-man (Retour)



WTF!!! Somebody please tell me this isn't true!!!! :cussing


FFS Meister only started now they want to end it?!!!!! B*llcks!!!
 
Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
substituting a sports series with another sports series is a bad joke - especially with two basketball manga then. poor Meister.
Beelze Baby was in issue 37-38 last year as one shot.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thank goodness Psyren escapes the bottom. The two series are coming sooner than I expected. I don't expect there to be two basketball series in Jump for long. One of them will fall. I hope this Beezle Baby is action. I'm glad that D.Gray-Man is back but I have not read it yet so the hiatus did not bother me. Fare thee well Meister. I feel bad for Noodles...
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
#12 (16/02) :
Sket
Mago
Es21
Neuro
To Love
Meister (End)
Jaguar

#13 (23/02) :
Ryuuha Tamura / Beelze Baby (New Série)
Inu, Neuro, Es21 (Pc)

#14 (02/03) :
Kawaguchi Yukinori / Série sur le Basket (New Série)

#15 (09/03) :
D.Gray-man (Retour)

OMFG!!!

Goodbye to Meister??? Damn!
Well, there's nothing we can do or say, but this really shocks me...
I mean, I know It was really down on popularity, but they didn't even give It some time to climb back to the safe zone of the charts...


Well, I'm really sad, but anyways......


That's it. I'm not starting any newcomer anymore before it managed to survive a year
I'm with you on that one...... =P



See ya
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Where can I read the Beezle Baby oneshot?
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well that's quite the ToC.

All things considered, it could mean Kuroko's ending for whatever reason too next week. (though I doubt it)

Will have to wait and see I guess.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
A new basketball seems redundant. But Kuroko is so generic, the new one will probably be much better. I have no idea what to think about Beezle Baby. The raws for the one shot did look pretty good. I will read both noobs.

Finally D. Gray Man's back and a month before rumor said it would! And Psyren is out of the bottom another week. Meister's end is regrettable but like Kuroko I find it to be the epitome of bland, generic sports manga. Kuroko needs to drop to the bottom to protect Sket and Mago.

All things considered, it could mean Kuroko's ending for whatever reason too next week. (though I doubt it)
Kuroko should be safe for a while, it's already getting more color this week.
 
Last edited:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Beezle Baby...That's rather disappointing. I was hoping that wouldn't get serialized. It didn't seem terribly interesting to me. Meister gets the faster cancellation since Chagecha. Another basketball manga though? When will it end!? Why not make a sports manga about something with some identity. I bet Kuroko's author is pissed.
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What was Beelze Baby about? I know it never got scanlated. I was hoping the manga by the Catepolas (spelling) mangaka would get serialized, ya know the one with the keys and the weird looking stand-like being.
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Here's the download for the Beezle Baby oneshot:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=991671

Summary by Shrimpy said:
Pretty funny story! It's definitely a comedy, borderline gag even.
I think the title is supposed to be BelzeBABU which is belzebub (king of the underworld) + BABU, japanese baby "gaa". Some delinquent happens across the infant next in line to be king and the two form an inseparable bond... except that his father, the current demon king, sent him there on a whim to destroy the human race. Hilarity ensues.
And here's the discussion thread (I'll remove the 'oneshot' prefix from it, so feel free to use it for series relevant discussion):
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36767

To be honest, I hope the author re-worked the character design and the plot greatly. It may worked as a gag oneshot but I can't see this as a longer series at all.
 
Last edited:

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ugh another gag series? Seriously? More gag series and more basketball manga, greaaaat.

Why would they serialize another basketball series if they knew KnB is doing so well
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Kuroko should be safe for a while, it's already getting more color this week.
Yeah that's why I think it's probably not getting canned. Just a possiblity considering the situation.

Beelzebabu/y could be interesting, while I don't remember being huge on the oneshot, the concept is interesting enough for me to give it another chance.
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
ugh another gag series? Seriously? More gag series and more basketball manga, greaaaat.
Not to mention another one featuring a baby... I'm already fed up with 'serious babies' thanks to Reborn >.>

But yeah, I would wish for something with a more dark theme. It's been a long time since a really good series started in Jump. Luckily, it's not the only mag in Japan >.>
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah that's why I think it probably isn't.
Getting a color spread means it isnt safe? What? Even at the end it said "Thanks to great popularity, another color spread!"

I'm sure this new basketball manga is just prepared to get canceled/finish quickly until another new manga-ka is ready to serialize his/her work. I hope its the Hitomi no Catoblepas mangaka.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Isn't getting cancelled, sorry.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I can see Beezle Baby becoming an action series in the future, and it's not because of the baby/Reborn! similarity. It's a shame that Meister's been canceled. We were only at the real beginning of things. I wish for the day that Slam Dunk's football/soccer equivalent appears. Is Whistle! any good?
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I wish for the day that Slam Dunk's football/soccer equivalent appears. Is Whistle! any good?
Whistle! is said to be good, I haven't tried it myself. But if you haven't taken a look at it already give Area no Kishi a try. That's a really great soccer football manga with deep character development.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Whistle! is said to be good, I haven't tried it myself. But if you haven't taken a look at it already give Area no Kishi a try. That's a really great soccer football manga with deep character development.
QFT!!! Not to get off topic but if you want a great sports series read Kishi. It's a good example of what sports manga can be when it moves beyond generic. But Shonen Magazine is much better at sports, and it's readers like sports more, then Jump.
 

Cipo

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
278
Reaction score
440
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yattaaa!!!1 DGM *w*
And Meister ends, lol. I predicted it xD
I'm wondering when HxH will return..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top