good for gintama... but i wanted the staff to work on sket dance instead *bawls like a spoilt brat*
anyway yadda yadda yadda d gray man's still compelling, especially with the new exorcist and link fighting for a change... yadda yadda reborn's colour art shifted a while back to this sorta overly bloomed mess with rosy cheeks on fucking everyone and making them look like drug users, a wonderful support to the mediocrity i get from it week by week... yadda....yadda.... yadda....... *sigh*
it's not that i want it cancelled. i just want one straight month of being in the bottom 5, and a tank underselling, jsut to remind Amano how the fuck to make a good manga.
yare yare dawa or whatnot
Yare yare da
ze. Yare yare dawa is in the female form. You've gotta keep those classic Jump references straight.
And on the subject of Reborn, I also have been rather underwhelmed by the Future arc. It was actually okay, rather interesting in the beginning, but especially since around the heavy fighting started in the Millefiore base it's been reminiscent of, well, post-Soul Society Bleach... Especially with the most recent development. New opponents appear out of nowhere, and there's gonna be another huge series of fights involving the REAL opponenets? Yeah, that's textbook Kubo-style writing. And Bleach is the other Jump series that I feel has gone from good to abysmal.
Both Bleach and Reborn could use a few weeks under Kochikame and low tankobon sales for a volume to shock their respective manga-ka back into competence, as Noodles suggested, and both Bleach Reborn will probably continue at where they are now (unless they somehow actually improve), for the same reasons. Both series' have rather impressive laurels to rest on, not to mention established fanbases who seem to care more for cool bursts of energy and mindless action than they do for a coherent and entertaining story. As long as the franchises do well, than the manga sales will be minimally, if at all, effected, and the average ToC ranking won't go much below second tier. Even Bleach, which seems to be slowly but surely losing its consistent #3 spot to either Toriko or Gintama has only sunk to the by far top of the second tier series', and it's not likely to get lower. So the chances for an improvement in the quality of both series' rests with the manga-ka, and seeing as they're the problem in the first place, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
As to Bakuman being so low, one spot below Kochikame is far from bad, especially for an already established popular series such as Bakuman, with high tankobon sales and the name of two VERY popular manga-ka on it. Bakuman is a guaranteed second tier mainstay, and that means that Jump doesn't need to push it so far to keep it sustained. I always expected Bakuman to average within 2 or three spots of Kochikame, usually about 2 spots above. That's where I'd expect a solid second tier series to hold, and I'm sastisfied with that sort of performance from Bakuman. It's only really action series' that ever make the top tier, so Bakuman was destined for the second tier from the beginning, and I expect it to do well in that position. And in terms of its position, where it is IS rather well.
I have just given a children's comic book magazine far more analysis than most people would think it healthy to give, and I don't mind at all. Hello mania...