Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Aside from reborn this is a pretty great week....

i call shenanigans also, jumps never this kind to me
 

kaze1028

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
178
Reaction score
2,017
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Mei has appeared...


Naruto (Cover + CP)
One Piece
Reborn!
Beelzebub
Bleach
Toriko (CP)
Kuroko no Basuke
Inumaru dashi (CP)
Psyren
Sket Dance
Bakuman
Neuro
Hoopmen
Kochikame
Mago
Bokke-san
D. Gray-man
Eyeshield 21
ToLove
Jaguar

In the preview for next issue we have pictures for:
Bleach (Cover), Toriko, Bakuman, Beelzebub (CP), Psyren (CP), One Piece, Naruto
Thanks.
And updated by Mei.

すいません、忘れてました
確かトリコの後ろだったと思います

Excuse me, I Forgot.
I think it's after Toriko probably.
 
Naruto (Cover + CP)
One Piece
Reborn!
Beelzebub
Bleach
Toriko (CP)
Gintama
Kuroko no Basuke
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Gintama 4 = win. Take that Kuroko.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
01. One Piece
02. Reborn!
03. Bleach
04. Gintama
05. Kuroko no Basuke
06. Psyren
07. Sket Dance
08. Bakuman
09. Neuro
10. Kochikame
11. Mago
12. Bokke-san
13. D. Gray-man
14. Eyeshield 21
15. ToLove
16. Jaguar

edit: Gintama added

Either way, this is a very odd TOC.
What the heck sort of TOC is this everything is wierd. One Piece,To-Love and maybe Gintama are about the only placings that make sense.

I'm thinking April Fools. But has Reborn gotten less crap recently? I might consider reading it again if this a real TOC.

Seriously though D. Gray Man hasn't been bad especially the most recent chapters, its been rated way low lately though.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ever since the break she took in 2006, DGM has always been in the middle or back of the magazine. Tis nothing worth worrying over. Reborn is a bit higher then usual but it's been in almost every top five recently. With Naruto and Toriko getting color it's not that big a surprise it rose to number two. Kuroko, Psyren, and Sket are all a surprise, but not April fools prank levels.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
01. One Piece
02. Reborn!
03. Bleach
04. Gintama
05. Kuroko no Basuke
06. Psyren
07. Sket Dance
08. Bakuman
09. Neuro
10. Mago
11. Bokke-san
12. D. Gray-man
13. Eyeshield 21
14. ToLove

removed the two non ranks from it.

to be honest all that matters is that bakumans not doing bad and sket dance and psyren are high. in fact just the last two. they actually NEED good toc results
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well I hope this isn't a belated april fool but psyren is slightly getting higher and more consitent in the positions. I hope this will happen more in the future but it's obvious sket dance and psyren are the two manga that had the danger zone sickness for for a long time but they both got a decent grip on the ToC, fans and their votings :)
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
despite the months between the two series psyren and sket dance have essentially become a pairing, sticking close together most of the time, and seem to share a fanbase...

*imagines a crossover*
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think in a way, Psyren and Sket probably have finally caught on or gotten big enough for a bit of a fanbase to help it along. That combined with other series starting to fall apart and just time in general have helped them finally get to this point...now all we need is a "big announcement" for Sket this summer and we'll know it's for real.

BTW: I know most of you probably missed it, but check out the beginning of my translation from yesterday...particularly if you want to see a certain lazy policeman from the beginning:

http://mangahelpers.com/t/strangerataru/releases/10983
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, Reborn at number 2 even beating out Bleach eh? XD

Kuroko rounding out the Top 5 is good for it. Psyren, Sket Dance, and Bakuman sitting nicely in the middle is cool with me. A shame that Mago and Bokke can't be a bit higher. *Keeps waiting for Hoop Men to cover for them*

I really do wonder what Jump plans to do about the bottom. It has pretty much been To Love, Eyeshield, and DGM in the last 3 spots for a bit. I wonder if they will hold out until Neuro/Eyeshield can end along with killing Hoop Men.

God, I think this is one of the few times I actually don't want HunterXHunter coming back. XD
 

Magicoreo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I expect Bleach to get a higher rank in the TOC in a few weeks.
I mean the last 2 chapters were pretty damn good!
As for Reborn, well, I already knew it'd get a high rating, I mean it's getting pretty good IMO.

Oh man! Bakuman (PC) next issue? I totally have to get that issue.

This is a bit late but wow, page colors for Sket Dance keeps getting better!
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
a higher rank than #3?

and to me they just dictated how bleach's writing is arse backwards, believing the only way to approach anything is to make people stronger or unlock a new transformation or upgrade or something. if the voters had any common sense it'd drop to the middle at least.

and reborn's chapter last week kinda got the hang of itself again i must admit, and even managed to make the premise of a training arc acceptable, so whilst it doesn't deserve position #2, in about 8 weeks it would finally deserve a top 5 position again
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Hmmm... Does somebody know where I can find that strange link with a database with the series and their ToC position and ratings
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Oh crap then I don't know what you're talking about.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Oh crap then I don't know what you're talking about.
Well it has been posted over here. Given the many pages, given the fact I don't know the user or the site, I am too lazy to skip through all pages

So I hope someone knows it... but still thank you :)
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Do you mean the graph thing like this (for Mago) or a general ToC database like jump.heavy or pretty.ne.jp?
(Or some other thing I currently can't think of...? xD")
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
From Dofla at Ritual:

Akamaru Jump, Spring 2009

Bleach (cover), Reborn (poster), Kochikame, Bakuman, Mago, Kuroko, Psyren, Sket Dance, Inumaru Dashi (bangai)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top