I died a little inside when I saw Gintama below Kuroko.

Yes! That made me laugh of gloating joy and satisfaction.(as is Toriko stealing a cover from Bleach)

Jump #21 (21/04) ~Thanks to Raw-Paradise~
Baku-man (C & Pc)
Neuro (Pc & 23p, End)
Miyokawa Masaru / Keppû Gakkyû Kai
One Piece (Absent)
This makes me sad. Oda's taking a break so close to a double issue. The suspense is killing me.One Piece (Absent)
. I hope next week's TOC is better.
We see it a lot where series that come out right at the end of the tracking period tend to have larger second weeks, so I don't think there's much to worry about. We'll probably see strong showings from all of them next week.The numbers this month really weird me out. They're really low, for every series. ToRa sold about half what volume 12 did. Reborn and Gintama are down by about 100,000 copies compared to every volume released in the last year. Bleach is down by about 125,000 copies. If it had only been Mago or ToRa down I might not have noticed. But those are huge slides for every Jump series except Shaman King. Oricon's update today was for the week of 3/31 - 4/6. Jump Comics always come out on the 4th. I have a suspicion that every series above Shaman King will have bigger then usual second weeks. In ToRa and Mago's case it could double this weeks.
I'm thinking the same thing. It was a bit disconcerting as I've never seen series tumble in sales by such large margins so quickly. Plus I'm rooting for Mago to join the Gintama, Reborn, D. Gray Man tier or better. After looking at the date of the tracking period I figured we were only seeing partial sales.Hinata Fan said:We see it a lot where series that come out right at the end of the tracking period tend to have larger second weeks, so I don't think there's much to worry about. We'll probably see strong showings from all of them next week.
I think as recent as a year or two ago, we occasionally had a weird week when something else was #1: Gintama, Reborn, Bleach...but these days with OP and Naruto just that powerful and with that much of a grip in the magazine, nothing else has a chance.Naruto frequently beats One Piece. It's been a few weeks since it has, still not a surprise. What's amazing is that only two series ever get number one.
Just checked, and Bleach was #1 in issue 49 of last year, although One Piece was on the cover that week. Gintama in Issue 47, although Naruto was on the cover and that was the week that Oda got punished for being late.I think as recent as a year or two ago, we occasionally had a weird week when something else was #1: Gintama, Reborn, Bleach...but these days with OP and Naruto just that powerful and with that much of a grip in the magazine, nothing else has a chance.