Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well this is a bottom 5 that makes me unhappy. Well, with 3 of the series I want to live down there anyway.

If only Medaka could have been just one or two spots higher away from danger. =/

Akaboshi plummeted straight to the bottom on its first ranking with Psyren right underneath it. Then it looks like my prediction about Kuroko becoming a cushion has come true. Mago next to To Love Ru being as bad as it gets for it rankings wise. =/
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The *Real* Ko-neta Orz

681 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2009/06/29(月) 00:39:47 ID:DIaMkbvV0
小ネタ
・32ドベ6 とら、PSY、銀、赤、亀、黒
・33 C姉、PSY

2009-32 Bottom 6
Kuroko
Kochikame
Akaboshi
Gintama
Psyren
ToLoveRu

2009-33
Lead CP: Kagijin
CP: Ane-Doki, Psyren




I can't believe I did that = ="
Should've double check the ID before I post...

<----Biggest moron ever
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Looks like Medaka is barely above bottom 5, but Akaboshi's first ranking are placed on bottom 5. Is this means both Medaka and Akaboshi are in danger zone?

Also, it is sad to see Mago sink into bottom 5 from top 5, but I guess the ranking is chapter 58, which is just before the flashback, so we should actually see how the ranking will be on actual flashback chapter.

For Kuroko, it looks like the readers didn't like Seirin vs Seihou. But, I don't worry about Kuroko because Jump editors are not going to be cancel only sport series.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Looks like Medaka is barely above bottom 5, but Akaboshi's first ranking are placed on bottom 5. Is this means both Medaka and Akaboshi are in danger zone?

Also, it is sad to see Mago sink into bottom 5 from top 5, but I guess the ranking is chapter 58, which is just before the flashback, so we should actually see how the ranking will be on actual flashback chapter.

For Kuroko, it looks like the readers didn't like Seirin vs Seihou. But, I don't worry about Kuroko because Jump editors are not going to be cancel only sport series.
The one you're commenting one was fake and was mistakenly posted by me. I've reposted the real thing.

Sorry for any inconvinences.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The *Real* Ko-neta Orz




2009-32 Bottom 6
Kuroko
Kochikame
Akaboshi
Gintama
Psyren
ToLoveRu

2009-33
Is this really REAL ranking? Then I am happy that Mago and Medaka are not in the bottom six, and Kuroko is almost near to escape from bottom. However, it is sad to see that Akaboshi is even lower than fake bottom 6. Is this mean that Akaboshi is becoming next Hoopmen? I thought Akaboshi is pretty good series (but looks like some people confuse about the plot line, I don't know why).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The *Real* Ko-neta Orz




2009-32 Bottom 6
Kuroko
Kochikame
Akaboshi
Gintama
Psyren
ToLoveRu

2009-33
Lead CP: Kagijin
CP: Ane-Doki, Psyren

<hr noshade size="1">

I can't believe I did that = ="
Should've double check the ID before I post...

<----Biggest moron ever
Yay! Now I get to re-do this but be happier about it since Medaka and Mago aren't in the bottom. =p

Which just leaves me to worry about Psyren being next to To Love Ru but at least it gets color next week!

Akaboshi's first ranking heading straight to the bottom isn't good for it. Although it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Kuroko just barely missed being outside of the bottom as well.

Also don't be hard on yourself Finestela. Thanks for getting it and noticing the mistake so quickly. [noparse]:D[/noparse]
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yes, it is :)
I'm not sure if this one is just being funky because of the new series coming in, or that it's just the way it is currently (series Yo-Yoing)

I mean Gintama was in the top in 30, and near the bottom in 31...?
Psyren just above TLR in 31, and then getting a CP in 32... I'm pretty sure it's not the 2 year anni yet, is it?

Not sure what to make of Akaboshi.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Yes, it is :)
I'm not sure if this one is just being funky because of the new series coming in, or that it's just the way it is currently (series Yo-Yoing)

I mean Gintama was in the top in 30, and near the bottom in 31...?
Psyren just above TLR in 31, and then getting a CP in 32... I'm pretty sure it's not the 2 year anni yet, is it?

Not sure what to make of Akaboshi.
Well Bakuman fluctuated from top to bottom and out of the bottom again like Gintama on that fake one so I could believe that part somewhat.

But with Psyren getting color I'm not sure if it is the anniversary. I can't remember if the last color it had was for both the popularity poll and the 1 year anniversary or not. Giving it a color for it now is WAY late considering it started in December. =s

Already gave my thoughts on Akaboshi a few pages back. >.>
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

IMO Worst TOC of the year. Psyren seems to be fallen in a bottomless hole, Akaboshi is gonna die soon.
And Kuroko is low too.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Arg...what's Akaboshi doing down there. From the last rounds of new series it's always the ones I like better/best that are destined to suck in the ToC...

Gintama shouldn't be there as well.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think is Gintama is becoming like Bakuman because it is yo-yoing massively, from first place to bottom 5.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

This ToC looks so fake that I can't believe in it.

First, where's Jaguar?
Second: why KochiKame is so low?

I would like to know where this previews come from...
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Akaboshi sure is low... but I don't think it'll stay there for long. As someone said in this thread some time ago, every failure with no chance of recovering is placed it in the lower half of the magazine right from the start by the editors. I have faith it'll improve in the next few weeks.

Kuroko needs to get out of the basement already. I can't believe such a great match is having such a poor reception.
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I don't particularly like Akaboshi for some reason so I can live with it's placement.

But Psyren being down their sucks big time. Gintama's placement is just wierd talk about a yo-yo.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Can anyone remember if a series has ever debuted in the bottom five, like Akaboshi, and went on to rise in the polls and last a long time? I can't, actually. Akaboshi will probably end after 15 or 20 chapters. Kuroko spent enough time high in the TOC that it won't be canceled anytime soon. Unless, of course, it comes down to a choice between it and a more established series like Psyren. It and Gintama's yo - yo'ing is just aggravating. My god Japan, make up your minds.

How did everyone overlook Psyren color next week!? It's been a long time. At least that's something to look forward to.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

This ToC looks so fake that I can't believe in it.

First, where's Jaguar?
Second: why KochiKame is so low?

I would like to know where this previews come from...
There is no Jaguar because everyone knows that Jaguar is fixed in last place, so there is no point to write Jaguar.

Secondly, KochiKame usually placed in middle to bottom, and this is not the first time that KochiKame had placed this low. However, KochiKame is unranked, so there is no danger even KochiKame placed bottom 5. That's why TOC put six series rather that usual five.
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Can anyone remember if a series has ever debuted in the bottom five, like Akaboshi, and went on to rise in the polls and last a long time? I can't, actually.
I can't remember a series that ended after 15 or 20 chapters despite never being placed below 10th place in its unranked time.

There can always be a first time. Of course, this is valid for both my statement and yours, but I find it more likely that it recovers in the upcoming weeks. Medaka debuted in the bottom 6 and it's already out of it.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

This ToC looks so fake that I can't believe in it.

First, where's Jaguar?
Second: why KochiKame is so low?

I would like to know where this previews come from...
It came from where Heiji and I get the same info from every single week: 2ch, posted by a named-poster referred by everyone as "Ko-neta".

You don't have to believe it... but it doesn't change the fact that this is the ToC of the week.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

There is no Jaguar because everyone knows that Jaguar is fixed in last place, so there is no point to write Jaguar.

Secondly, KochiKame usually placed in middle to bottom, and this is not the first time that KochiKame had placed this low. However, KochiKame is unranked, so there is no danger even KochiKame placed bottom 5. That's why TOC put six series rather that usual five.
Yeah, I know all that. But, if the intention was to show the last rank (so took off Jaguar), why put Kochikame?

That's why I wanna know where's this preview (and all the others) come.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Everyone moarns about Akaboshi is so low, but I think fan base is different from Westerners to Easterners. The Westerners are interested in Asian style culture or fighting because there are different from European or American cultures, so people love series like HoushinEngi, Ruroni Kenshin, and Akaboshi. Also, by looking at threads, people who mostly write threads are from Europe and Americans, and these members tend to love series with Asian historical genre. Plus, Naruto is actually more famous than One Piece in America and Europe.

However, the Easterners have different taste of appeal than the Westerners. It is true that HoushinEngi and Ruroni Kenshi were famous in Japan, but these are from 90s, and Japanese readers taste start to change after 2000s. In 2000, the series like LoveHina, Negima, and Tolove-Ru, which they are harem series with lots of fanservice, become very successful, Japanese readers are mostly looking for either really cute and pretty female characters or really handsome male characters. For example, in 2ch, people talk MedakaBox more that Akaboshi.

In conclusion, I enjoyed Akaboshi, but I did worry that histrical genre is not as appealed genre as compared to 90s, in Japan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top