Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman32x

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hey guys. I'm kinda new to the whole ToC talk so forgive me if I sound newbish.

Anyway I was wondering how ane doki was doing. Is it doing ok?
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hey guys. I'm kinda new to the whole ToC talk so forgive me if I sound newbish.

Anyway I was wondering how ane doki was doing. Is it doing ok?
It's doing better than expected. Getting color pages this week means the editors have no intention of ending it prematurely. It's safer than most of the other newcomers.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Bear in mind that they also do it for failing new series by established authors, so it could be going that way too.

It's very likely safe for the moment though.
 
Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If Akaboshi rises a bit more I wonder if it could get some colour. I hope so.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If Akaboshi rises a bit more I wonder if it could get some colour. I hope so.
If Akaboshi stays above bottom 5 for couple of weeks, I think the editors will give Akaboshi another colour.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Akaboshi probably has to at least hit top 5 once to get color. Also, please be mindful that the toc is from 8 chapters before. So, the ranking for reborn is during the middle of choice fight, it's gonna jump back up again
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Psyren had its share of rough rankings, and I don't recall it poping into the top 5... but it still gets its share of CP from time to time.

As long as Akaboshi stays alive, it will get some CP.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Psyren manage to get 5 and 4. Also, it took Mago two straight weeks at number 3
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Psyren manage to get 5 and 4. Also, it took Mago two straight weeks at number 3
My point is that Psyren didn't "need" to get there before getting another CP.




Someone mentioned Outer Zone... According to the author, it wasn't really "cut and revived", but rather originally planned (by both the editors and author) as a 10 chapter short stint. However, with readers giving it extremly positive review, the editors decided to make it a full-fledging series in the next incoming batch that lasted for 3 years.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I found a cover for issue 41.


Plus, does anybody know how many female mangakas there were in Jump? I only know four.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It's this a new series? Wath's the name and wath is is it about? lol many questions
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

It's this a new series? Wath's the name and wath is is it about? lol many questions
It is a new series, it is called Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by Aimoto Shou (author of Muddy). You can read one shot on this series, if you want to know what it is about.

This is for raw: http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/25454

And this is for English translation: http://mangahelpers.com/s/squirrel-kingdom-manga/details/26141
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Series still feels like cannon fodder to me but lets see if this one manages to last longer than his last series.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I have feeling that Hokenshitsu is meant for the replacement of Neuro because they both have horror genre. I'm going to wonder if this series going to be successful as Neuro.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The one shot was solid, not very good but moderately entertaining. That hardly means anything, one shots can be heavily altered when serialized. Naruto, Bleach, and D. Gray Man had horrible pilots that gave no indications that they'd be good series. Asklepios had an outstanding one shot, the mangaka never figured out how to make it a convincing series. Hokenshitsu has the potential to be an interesting, original series. Or generic shonen. We will see how much Aimoto has grown since muddy.

Hokenshitsu is not meant as a replacement for Neuro. Good or not Hokenshitsu is quite obviously typical shonen. Matsuei's freaked out, surreal, Detective Conan on acid would have been more at home in Young Jump then Weekly Jump. Neuro won't be replaced, nothing could fill that void.
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hokenshitsu was way too generic for me to like, and my expectation for this series is very low, unless it adds something interesting in the actual serialization.

And yes, nothing can replace the awesomeness of Neuro.
I'm just hoping this one to be a cushion to help Medaka and others survive longer.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I found a summary for Hokenshits's chapter 1. But, there is no thread for it, so I'll upload on this thread.

養護教諭沙織先生の結婚退職により新しく赴任した養護教諭、派出須 逸人(はです いつひと)。
ひび割れた色の悪い肌、白髪、生気のない瞳で全員に気味悪がられる。

美術の授業で手を怪我した主人公アシタバ、友達のデブの美作、とサボりたくて手を切ったイケメンの藤と一緒に保健室へ。

ハデスを招きいれた校長に不安を語る教頭。

初めて保健室を訪れた生徒として不気味な歓迎をされる三人。
中庭で口を押さえている女生徒を見つけ近付くハデス。女生徒の口の中には小さい罵詈雑言を吐く分身が。
「宿主の口内にはりついて汚い言葉を吐き心を汚す…「吐露(カース)」という病魔の仕業だ」「大丈夫…すぐ助けてあげるからね…」 三人ビックリ。
「病魔」の説明をするハデス。アシタバと美作は怖くなって教室に帰るが、藤は寝る為に残る──が枕元に花を置かれたり耳元で子守唄を歌われて戻ってくる。

藤をデスティニーランドに誘う女子。男子が足りないと聞いて藤は美作を誘おうとするが、女子が大ブーイング。美作と女子「ブス!」「デブ!」「ブス!」「デブ!」…
帰り道でも落し物を拾った美作を無視して藤に駆け寄る女子に、涙流しながら走り去る美作。
落ち込む美作に誰もいないところから声が─

その後、美作を無視した女子達が帰り道、佇むイケメンに声をかける。顔を近づけた女子の瞳に目の付いた花のようなものが映り─
その夜、自転車警官がミイラのようになった女子を発見。

翌朝、登校してハデスと出くわすアシタバ。急に何かを感じて「アシタバくんはもう教室へ向かったほうがいい…」と歩き出すハデス、真剣な顔。
気になって後を追うアシタバ。

校門に鈴なり女子、「美作くーん!!こっち向いてー(ハート)」
痩せてイケメンの美作に、アシタバ (なんだ 全然違う人だ)
女子の一人に目を付けた美作 「ボクの糧となるにふさわしい容姿だ…」と顔を近づけ、ズキュンと目付き花を見た途端女子はミイラ状になる。高笑い美作。
驚くアシタバの口を塞ぎ、「あの『粉』を吸い込まないようにするんだ」 美作の周囲に舞う点描。 「美作君の事を忘れたくなければね…」

そこに登校する藤。美作 「来たね…藤!!」
教頭が現れ、ミイラ女生徒に驚き、ハデスが目を離した隙にいなくなる美作と藤。駆け出すハデスと付いていくアシタバ。
アシタバ 「あの『美作くん』は本当に…美作くんなの…!?」 ハデス 「あれは…美作くんじゃない」「病魔だ」

気を失った藤。アシタバに美作の「ただしイケメンに限る」に対する妬みを語る病魔。
藤の生気をすすろうとする病魔 「別にジャマしてもいいよ…無駄だけどね」と花粉を放出。
平気なハデス 「生憎…こういったのは効かない体質なんでね」 アシタバ (花粉が先生に「吸い込まれていってる」みたいな…)
ハデス 「おまえが美作くんに与えたのは『美しさ』なんかじゃない ただの『醜さ』だ」

校長室で、あれを治せるのはハデス先生だけ、と教頭に語る校長。
ぶち切れ病魔て「ここの人間達全員!!二目と見られぬ顔に変えてやる!!!」「後悔しろッ!!クソがッ!!!」
ハデス 「美作くんの身体…そろそろ返してもらうよ」 美作を上手く動かせずハデスに引きずられる病魔「おまえ…一体…!!」
校長 「その身に宿した恐るべき力 病魔を喰らう力を…」 顔や手がひび割れ黒いモヤモヤした物が見えてるハデス。
ハデス 「こいつとは…長い付き合いだが… 未だに御馳走を前にすると我慢がきかなくてね 早く…おまえを喰らいたくて 仕方がないって…」
美作から引きずり出されてハデスに吸い込まれる病魔、美作に助けを求める。
デブに戻った美作 「テメーなんかに頼らなくッたってなぁ オレは藤よりイイ男だっつーんだよ!! クソ野郎!!」
完全にハデスに吸い込まれた病魔、名称:自己愛(ナルキッソス)。 ハデス 「咀嚼 完了…」

目覚める藤。何が起きたかわからない。抱きつき涙を流して謝る美作。そんな2人を見るアシタバの背後にハデスのいい笑顔。

その後、病魔はどこから来るのとかハデスの力のヒミツとかを疑問に思うアシタバのモノローグとか、
女子に謝る口実でデートに誘おうとする美作とか保健室の飾り付けをするハデスとかを描いて、

つづく。
 

27raven

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hokenshitsu was way too generic for me to like, and my expectation for this series is very low, unless it adds something interesting in the actual serialization.

And yes, nothing can replace the awesomeness of Neuro.
I'm just hoping this one to be a cushion to help Medaka and others survive longer.
I'm not sure anything can cushion Medaka much longer. I liked the series at the start but it's somehow getting worse every chapter :(
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I'm not sure anything can cushion Medaka much longer. I liked the series at the start but it's somehow getting worse every chapter :(
sadly, i would have to agree with that. but there's still Kagijin and possibly Wajimania (since i kind of see Liliental as a replacement for Waji.)

i have a feeling WSJ is adding another gag manga (Liliental) to see how well it does compared to Waji, and cut either one of them (kind of like Hoopmen and Kuroko?).
 

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Matsuei's freaked out, surreal, Detective Conan on acid would have been more at home in Young Jump then Weekly Jump. Neuro won't be replaced, nothing could fill that void.
Did you read Kiben Gakuha - Yotsuya Sensei's Kaidan that was part of Jump Grade 1 a few months ago? It's like Neuro minus the supernatural stuff. If there has to be a replacement for Neuro in WSJ, it's the best candidate. I'm still crossing my fingers for a serialization of that oneshot (though I stil don't know what the hell JG1 was about...)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top