Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Issue #19 Cover :


Minamoto-kun Monogatari Lead CP :


One Punch-Man (Special Chapter) CP :


1-shot :


Shiratama-kun CP :


issue #20 Preview :


Toc #19
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Special Chapter
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joō (from Miracle Jump)
I don't know if it's physically possible for me to preorder something as fast as I want to right now.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd say top to bottom, that Young Jump is the best mag right now.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'd say top to bottom, that Young Jump is the best mag right now.
People are saying that...maybe I need to read more in this than Uratarou and TK Ghoul:re. What would you all recommend? No furigana is difficult, but I think I can manage, so not being translated/scanslated isn't a problem.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
People are saying that...maybe I need to read more in this than Uratarou and TK Ghoul:re. What would you all recommend? No furigana is difficult, but I think I can manage, so not being translated/scanslated isn't a problem.
Do yourself a favor and read Golden Kamuy

simply a masterpiece, one of the best manga if not the best manga I've ever read

it always nominated for awards and wins for a reason
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor and read Golden Kamuy

simply a masterpiece, one of the best manga if not the best manga I've ever read

it always nominated for awards and wins for a reason
I've read a little of it in Japanese but it was beyond my understanding. I heard it's getting an official English version so maybe I'll get in on that.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I've read a little of it in Japanese but it was beyond my understanding. I heard it's getting an official English version so maybe I'll get in on that.
I've heard it's hard to read, thankfully the English Edited Manga (every day heroes) are doing an amazing job

their translations are smooth and the translator's note at the end of the chapter are very informative

they are really great, like in on of the latest chapters the mangaka made a mistake in Ainu language and the translator caught it and fixed it
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I've heard it's hard to read, thankfully the English Edited Manga (every day heroes) are doing an amazing job

their translations are smooth and the translator's note at the end of the chapter are very informative

they are really great, like in on of the latest chapters the mangaka made a mistake in Ainu language and the translator caught it and fixed it
Welp, scanslation it is then. Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah, I remember getting pretty lost, though to be fair my Japanese is pretty cruddy at best, lol. I can get through shounen decently, but I still struggle with seinen manga.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
People are saying that...maybe I need to read more in this than Uratarou and TK Ghoul:re. What would you all recommend? No furigana is difficult, but I think I can manage, so not being translated/scanslated isn't a problem.
Youre not reading Kingdom?! Get on that right now! All the praise this gets is deserved.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
#20 :
Full Drum, Lycanthrope Bouken Hoken (Color)
Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku (Special Chapter)
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Akasaka Aka drew Takagi-san and it is great... Not as good as Yamamoto Souichirou though. XD

 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It went the other way too yesterday.
We need an official crossover, but I'm not sure the world can handle that much forehead on one page.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh, it was from かぐや様は告らせたい~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ ? Yamamoto Souichirou draws random (and very good) character designs every day, so I thought it was one of them. XD
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, that's Kaguya. There's a sort of conversation they've been having the last day or two before they drew each other's characters. Yamamoto said he liked Kaguya, Aka responded by saying that he also likes reading Takagi, and that he wants Takagi to torment him and he's given in to the forehead fetish.
...Aka says some kind of weird things when he gets to do crossovers.


 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Forehead fetish... Well, I can understand that, but Soichirou Yamamoto drawing style is know by his cute pettanko! XD
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
1st print :

Tokyo Ghoul Re #10 : 820 000
One-Punch Man #12 : 750 000
Kingdom #45 : 680 000
Terra Formars #20 : 600 000
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No Uratarou info? :(
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Issue 19:
Minamoto-kun Monogatari (Lead CP)
Kingdom
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Riku-dou
Golden Kamuy
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Tokyo Ghoul:re
One Punch-man (CP, Special Chapter)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Lycanthrope Bouken Hoken
Youkai Shoujo
Bungo
Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!
Hisseki Kanteishi Kotoha (CP, One Shot)
Full Drum
Usogui
Shiratama-kun (CP)
Uratarou
Kunoichi no Ichi!
Gunjou Senki
Mogusa-san wa Shokuyoku to Tatakau
Premax

Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun, Motoyan (Absent)

Issue 20:
Lead CP: Kingdom

CP: Lycanthope Bouken Hoken, Full Drum
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
So Kaguya I heard of through that special with Tejina-senpai (for some reason, Tejina is so attractive and clumsy that it's literally entertaining how it happens every week) and I also want to try out 1 kunoichi. Are either good enough to follow?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't read Kunoichi but it looked kind of like generic fanservice but with ninjas. The last series I read with that basic premise got so hilariously bad it had to be on purpose, but this one probably won't so I'm just not bothering with it.

Kaguya, well, just compare the first and most recent volume covers. Romcom with actual progression!


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top