Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I started Golondrina by est em. Some of you might be familiar with her as the mangaka of Udon no Onna.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yes she is the second yaoi author from ikki :-) i must say despite the magazine and the author the topic doesn't pick my interest. I'm more curious about ippo she has in jump kai.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just finished NonNonBa by Shiguru Mizuki and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I had previously read Mizuki's 'Onward Toward Our Noble Deaths', and wasn't really impressed by it, so NoNonBa was a nice surprise. I might actually check out Kitaro when it comes out.
 

Koyomi_Araragi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
El Salvador
I finished Kimi wa midara na boku no joou and I'm reading bright world project... but I'll read yamada kun to 7 nin no majo
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
update for kisame

i am reading

baka to testou
boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai (light novel)


naruto
bleach
one piece
fairy tail
hunter x hunter
freezing (manga)
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I've been reading The Flowers of Evil/Aku no Hana. I never really thought I would love this series in the first place, but I just wanted to try something out of my comfort zone. In the end, there were some things I liked and some things I didn't.
 

jakensama

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Planning to re-read Nausicaa. I just got the limited edition box set.....it is jaw droppingly beautiful and as affordable as manga is going to get.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just borrowed the first 3 volumes of The Summit of the Gods from the library. I'm one volume in and I'm digging it so far. It's drawn by Jiro Taniguchi and I like his style. Plus it's about mountain climbing, which I think is an interesting subject.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I am myself waiting for the translation of the first volume of Gaku this summer since it is not scanned.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I am myself waiting for the translation of the first volume of Gaku this summer since it is not scanned.
You're getting that in France? I'm so jealous of you guys. Always getting all the cool Seinen titles.

----------------

I read the first volume of The Monkey King. The full color artwork was pretty good, but it is a short book and the story thin. I'm intrigued now about Journey to the West, but I'll probably just read the novel rather than continue following this manga.
 
Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,247
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Finishing 21st Century Boys will read Monster next.

Urasawa sensei is a genius!
 

fenrir7

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
new Toriko fan here. Read from Chapter 1 til the current chapter in just a few days. This is the best manga for me. Way better than the overrated Naruto and Bleach mangas.

Anyway, while waiting for the next chapter, do you guys know any manga which has very similar themes as Toriko? i.e. Capture level/power level/new beasts which are formidable-looking, power ups/training, and cool enemies?

Stuff I currently read are:

One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
The Breaker: New Waves
Claymore
HSDK
Deadman Wonderland
Hunter x Hunter
Fairy Tail
D. Grayman (whenever I feel like it. lol)
Sun-ken Rock

some that I've finished reading:

Slamdunk
Veritas
Mx 0
Baki the Grappler (not sure if it's actually completed already)
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I've just catched up with Aku no Hana. I read through all chapters in less than two days, even though I considered to drop it two or three times as the story progressed. That doesn't mean it's bad though, just that the story is so incredible crazy at times that you can't help but feel discomforted. It's what makes the series so strong and different, yet it definitely won't please everyone. I just had to take some breaks in-between because my mood suffered, yet there barely is a series that made me think so much about it and put me through such a lot of different feelings. I would recommend it to everyone who's looking for a dark and thought-provoking read, though you have to be prepared for madness. All I can say is that I'm glad I picked it up, definitely a series I was looking for.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I've been reading Billy Bat. I love the concept. I think it is really interesting and ambitious. But it is kind of slow and lacks a great, focused character(that could be changing with the current arc though). I'm also a little afraid that Urasawa will spend forever building up the main concept and then won't be able to deliver in the end. I would have never lasted if I was reading chapter to chapter through the magazine.

I also just finished Blade of the Immortal. Great manga.
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well, I started reading the tower of God and at the same time. I am going to read the breaker news waves. ..I'm behind, I haven't read the breaker in a while.
Hopefully, these two will stratified me somewhat.. the big three are painfully disappointing. I really wish HxH was not on break..And fairy tail..well is purely entertainment. Something I can read without thinking..most of the time. I have one on hold..not sure if I will go back to it..(soul eater). I've watched D.gray man..but I might start reading the manga.I would have to start watching the anime again..I wish I knew someone that could rate the manga for me..
 
Last edited:

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I started reading Nana to Kaoru. This series has caught my attention several times over the years, but it was always low priority because I just assumed it was mostly ecchi over substance. It's offering me much more than I thought though. Nana and Kaoru have a well done relationship that takes an unconventional path. I also find the psychological aspects of the S&M quite interesting and entertaining. The art is good too.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I started reading Dien Bien Phu. Next I'm going to catch up on Watamote.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
This week has been horrible..Naruto killed my appetite..I feel sick after reading the latest chapter..Can't believe TOG is on break..
I think I'll start reading the breaker..
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I started Stand Up!, a new shoujo romance. The first chapter was very good, with lovely art, and a very natural feeling story. A potential successor to Orange.
 
Top