What do you think One piece is?

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: What is One Piece?

I read this freaky fanfiction where OP turns out to be Gol D Roger's shipmates bones/skeletons.

Basically, what the author was trying to say was that the most valuable treasure to Roger is his nakama, or something. *shrugs*

I personally found that a cool idea. :p But then, weren't his crew killed by the Marines? Or am I missing a point here somewhere?
That would be too freaky and messed up, even for One Piece!!! And I don't think Gol D. Roger would be too happy with dead nakamas, they'd only be treasures to him if they were alive and kicking.

Oh, and as far as I can remember, Gol D. Roger's crew weren't killed off by the marines, they were set free or granted pardon in exchange for the execution of the Pirate King himself.
 

aimaimaim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
99
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

many people have asked "where is roger's treasure?" roger answered back.. "its in One Piece"..

IMO, One Piece is an island.. XD

but what does it contain?

IMO again, it doesn't contain anything valuable to anyone except roger.. well maybe there is something.. like a treasure box with a piece of paper saying..
"you came all the way here with your friends.. did you have fun with your adventure??"
its because pirates are very greedy people.. they want wealth and power.. maybe roger wants to get even with the people around the world and he made the world into a chaotic place

or maybe its an island that is surrounded All Blue and there might be a glyph that can explain all the other glyphs and tells the tale of History. Also, it may have some good sake, with it is an unknown sword that wields a powerful.. stuff. And might also has a map of the pieces of maps.. and may also contain preserved meat

or maybe its just the the box with the paper..
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Yeah, the adventure seems to be the treasure that he promised. I mean, if he's a great pirate like Luffy, then shouldn't he be dirt-poor too? And getting to One Piece seems to me like it only benefits all the other crew members, sans Luffy, if there is no real treasure, but I also doubt Roger gives a fuck about any of the other things there. He obviously never made a map, found a Pancrea, or made a fabulous seafood dinner.
 

Anti-panda

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
614
Reaction score
35
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I'm gonna go with pandamans .. mask .. the current pandaman wears it simply because he is the first mate of gol d roger.. and he is gaurding .. it. So when luffy reaches raftel he will have to fight pandaman and then he will get the mask and it will be proof to all that he is pirate king... "That mask is soooo cool Panda~osan" : luffy.

JK. lol
 

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Yeah, the adventure seems to be the treasure that he promised. I mean, if he's a great pirate like Luffy, then shouldn't he be dirt-poor too? And getting to One Piece seems to me like it only benefits all the other crew members, sans Luffy, if there is no real treasure, but I also doubt Roger gives a fuck about any of the other things there. He obviously never made a map, found a Pancrea, or made a fabulous seafood dinner.
But wasn't it mentioned that Gol D. Roger was the man who had 'wealth, power, and fame'? So technically he couldn't have been dirt-poor like Luffy although I must agree that he was a lot like Luffy in his personality and outlook in life.

Oh and I think it's panacea (not sure about the spelling either) not a pancrea which is a body part.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

That's a pancreas, not a pancrea. But yeah, I think it is Panacea, you're right. But, they could have just thought he was rich, because of his ship and whatnot. And power and fame make you wealthier than money, don't they? Paris Hilton or David Bowie could throw all their money out of a moving plane, and they could still get anything they want.
 

Anti-panda

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
614
Reaction score
35
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

But wasn't it mentioned that Gol D. Roger was the man who had 'wealth, power, and fame'? So technically he couldn't have been dirt-poor like Luffy although I must agree that he was a lot like Luffy in his personality and outlook in life.

Oh and I think it's panacea (not sure about the spelling either) not a pancrea which is a body part.
I'd like to remind you that up until the end of the last arc .. luffy and Co had 300 million beri in gold.. And the only reason they didn't have more is because they thought the Shandian/Skypeian people weren't trying to give them a giant pillar of gold.
 

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

^^
Sorry, my mistake... I just made the assumption that they are dirt-poor cause they usually are, though they do have outrageous amounts of treasures from time to time but they somehow manage to spend it pointlessly (sometimes usefully).
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Well, didn't Perona say that they didn't have any treasure on their ship? So that must mean they don't have much money, right? The Franky Family stole most of their money also, and they only things they have of value are their ship and Zoro's blades.
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Well, on 300 millions, franky spent 200 for adam woods, and luffy spent the remaining for that 3 days long party they had at water 7, so they prolly don't have much left if anything.

Anyway, personnaly, I think the one piece might be something really unimportant. Seeing how luffy and roger were so alike, if luffy was asked where he left his greatest treasure, it would definitely be his straw hat, so I think that it might be something that was very important to roger but with little value for anyone else. If you think about it, to luffy, one piece's exciting cause it means a great adventure, so saying I left my treasure on that island might only mean, try and go there and have a lot of fun trying to get it, as I did to get there, and it worked, for twenty years now.

Well, that's the way I see it... also, after they find out what one piece really is, i could see them finding a note by roger "of and I left that mountain of treasure buried just there also. lol
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Maybe his treasure is one of those triangey pirate hats, like that Jack Sparrow wears. And that's like the crown to be Kaizagou-Ou, and Luffy trades it for the straw hat, that he then gives to Shanks.
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Nah, straw hat luffy wouldn't be straw hat luffy without a straw hat wouldn't he... you get my point.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Well, he never really states that he actually likes it, he just states that he's holding onto it for a friend, i.e., Shanks.
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Yeah but it's really important to him, because it was the first time shanks acknowledged luffy would become a pirate, whereas he was making fun of him before... but yes, I guess it could be a hat for roger too, but then he and luffy would be too much alike... it's like if we were to learn his crew was a swordman, a money-lover navigator, a liar, a love-cook, you see what I mean... oda as always been so much original in his work, I think one piece is gonna be really surprising, something unique to roger that we wouldn't think of.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

As to the hat, I honestly wonder if Shanks will ask for it back, or whether he'll say something like "keep it, Luffy, you've earned it." Because I think Shanks will be there when Luffy finds One Piece. I'm sure all the Yonkou will be there, and that he'll have to fight Whitebeard to get it. But as to what One Piece is, I think it's a book. A journal of all of Rogers adventures. Everybody who knew them both says that Luffy is alot like Roger (though I think Roger was very smart, since he could read Poneglyphs and stuff, so he'd be like Luffy with Robins intelligence... weird thought.) and what does Luffy value most? Adventure and dreams (friends are important because they are the people who help you achieve those things, and because they're the ones who you share your dreams and adventures with.) So I say One Piece is the Captains Log for the Oro Jackson. It's Rogers personal record of his entire adventure. I can see Luffy being interested in that, assuming he could stay still long enough, he'd probably love reading about the greatest adventure of all time (except for perhaps his own.) And as to the "wealth" thing... Roger probably told everyone he had a treasure. Everyone thought it was gold and silver and jewels, because they are short-minded people. Nobody realized that to him, true wealth was adventure. His adventure was his treasure.
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I totally agree with you, and instead of a book, a captains log, I once thought it could be the log post he used to cross the grand line, that's kinda a recording of his adventure, so it's kinda important.

As for roger knowing the poneglyph, I don't know... I just can't picture him or luffy studying to learn that very complicated stuff... for all we know, he might have had a crew that could read them, and have that person write a message for him... that's what luffy would do if he wanted to leave such a message, so it's possible.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Well, didn't Kokoro already say that he was dumb, like Luffy? So, then why does he know Ponegylphs?

And what would be the point of a book that tells you all about something you already did? Roger is better than that, I'm sure. Maybe the position of Kaizagou-Ou IS the treasure?
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I guess if he's half as dumb as luffy he wouldn't write anything, and that would support that he in fact had a crew member that could understand ponyglyph, rather then being able to read it himself... it's like luffy said, he can't navigate, or use a sword, or cook, or lie... lol... so I don't really picture roger as a one man team that could do everything all by himself on his ship.

And wouldn't it be kinda... disappointing if it was only that... I mean, sure it's possible but that'd be kinda lame, in a sense... not that being the pirate king is lame, but since it's the one who get one piece that become the next pirate king... it'd be like, it's the one who become the next pirate king that become the next pirate king...
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Well, then wouldn't it be real treasure if it would be so lame to be a Kaizagou-Ou with nothing? I mean, if Roger is like Luffy, then he'd want things to be as cool as possible.
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I don't mean being the pirate king is lame, with or without a big treasure, I already said that, it's not what I meant at all, believe it... but if belonging one piece means being the pirate king, then one piece can't be only the title...

As for cool things, luffy is easily impress by many things, and anyway it's not about if it's cool or not, it's about what's really important to him, and I think the only thing more important to luffy than his straw hat would be his nakama, but I highly doubt gold roger has left his nakama on raftel, having them wait to be possessed by the next pirate king... LOL

So i'd still go with something without any value as gold and jewel, but an object deeply important to roger.
 
Top