Language What Languages do you know?

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Well i know Spanish as my first language and then English.

Next year im gonna start learning Japanese.

Moderator Notice:
added you!! ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Scakiana

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
France
French of course, it's my first language, english too (or i wouldn't be here :D), Spanish, Italian a little. Occitan (sounds a lot like Catalan ^^)
 

Kibou13

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I speak Turkish, Dutch and English fluently. I need a kick-start if I didn't speak the language a while.

Moderator Notice:
added Kibou and Scakiana ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

krazykone12

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
English (native)
some japanese
some latin
some spanish
and some arabic

Moderator Notice:
added you ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Velvet_Rain_Dropz

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
2,042
Reaction score
68
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
indonesian (my mother language :p)
english
a bit of chinese

Moderator Notice:
added you ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

piiuski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
I speak Finnish (native), English (fluently), Swedish (with some problems) and a little of both German and French. Plus I know a few words in few other languages, but that doesn't exactly count as knowing them.

Moderator Notice:
added you to the list ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Regente

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Only portuguese (native) and English.

I should know spanish though, since all the other countrys in this continent speak it, but spanish seems so complicated and I don't like how it sounds. Shame on me.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:bored Just english. I wish i could speak at least one more

Moderator Notice:
added Regente and gdup ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Twar

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Estonia
So..

Estonian (native)
English (most of my life)
German (quite proficient)
Japanese (3 yrs and developing)
Finnish (medium)
French (2 yrs at school)
Russian (at school, but I actually know little)
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow thats alot of different tounges. Have you ever tried mixing it up to confuse people. Like speak a few wordz in one language then a few in another then keep going.
 

radical3113

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
432
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i know english(first ) and ashanti, no its not an r'n'b singer,... well it is but its also a language spoken in Ghana (second but also native).

i can understand japanese pretty well when spoken out loud, but i cant respond in japanese nor can i read it,(how, i hear u ask :coz ive been watching animes non stop since 3yrs old)
 

bucksNcents

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
german (native)
english (so good you might think natively, too)
dutch (well, i can read it... and understand most)
french (littte, read, speak, write, listen, high school french level...)
spanish, latin and italian, due to my knowledge of french, so i pick upquite some words there, too

[ichi]Added radical3113 & bucksNcents to the list[/ichi]:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Regente

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow thats alot of different tounges. Have you ever tried mixing it up to confuse people. Like speak a few wordz in one language then a few in another then keep going.
We do that in Brazil naturally - but often wrong.

For example, it's more common here to say "boy" than "garoto/menino" (the equivalent terms in portuguese), but instead of saying "girl" for the other sex, we say "boyzinha" (i.e little boy).

That generally happen because the most of us suck in english, but due the exposition of foreign english media (movies, series, music, games etc) we kinda assimilate some terms - without even knowning what the hell they mean.
 

Twar

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Estonia
Kind of like Engrish in Japanese, most Japanese have trouble pronouncing English clearly and yet their language is filled with loanwords from it.

Oh and btw, I think you missed me, Ichimaru.

Moderator Notice:
no worries, I got you ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kleomarlo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
21
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
My turn. These are the languages I speak/understands:

Cebuano (mother tongue), Tagalog (fluent), Filipino (fluent, national language), English (fluent), Hiligaynon (a little),

[ichi]Added to the 1st post[/ichi]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

gluttony

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
265
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
xiii.... so many? ok fluently i only speak portuguese (mother language) and english. i understand spanish, italian and french but only written or if you speak reeeeally slow =P.

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

otakuami

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I can count to 3 in Spanish, French, Japanese and English. Even though I'm supposed to speak fluent English, I don't, but I type it pretty well. Oh, I can say yes in those languages too. :tem
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
I can count to 3 in Spanish, French, Japanese and English. Even though I'm supposed to speak fluent English, I don't, but I type it pretty well. Oh, I can say yes in those languages too. :tem
So which language do you actually speak fluently?
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I can read, write, and speak in English and Spanish, though English is my first official language. In addition to English and Spanish, I also know a little bit of French; I can also hold a short conversation in Japanese, but reading and/or writing the language is a totally different matter altogether.

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top