Discussion What Manga Do You Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
someone before mentioned lone wolf and cub. This is another good manga. Unfortunately they do not sell it at any bookstores near me.
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
i've just started reading 666satan..... >< it's so lame for me to say it but almost in every character i see something from other mangas
i am putting in here some of the similarities i've found ><
OPT users = DF users
Jio "i want to conquer the world" = Naruto "i want to surpass hokage"
Jio and Ruby looking for OPT = Goku and Bulma looking for dragonballs
spirit release = Bleach AND dragonball ><
Kishin = Urahara >< they even look the same
Jio has something evil and powerfull inside of him ==== Naruto with Kyuubi ><
i think that's all but if i remember some more i'll post them
 

shinwei

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
526
Reaction score
31
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've picked up reading Shaman King again. On volume 23 right now reading the raws. Very different from the anime.
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
erm well since I don't remember what I put on last time I'll just post my new list (130 titles)
Teh Shitz (Awesome)
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Love Hina (done)
666 Satan (chap 39)
Black Cat (done)
D. Grayman
Cross Game
Fullmetal Alchemist (chap 62)
Flame of Recca (done)
Rave (chap 172)
Mahou Sensei Negima (chap145)
GTO (done)
Yakitate Japan
Touch (chap 207)
Ranma 1/2(done)
H2 (vol 25)
MAR (chap 124)
+Anima (chap 33)
Soul Eater (chap 11)
Chrno Crusade (chap 47)
Busou Renkin (chap 27)
Girls Bravo (chap 20)
Major (chap 12)
Konjiki no Gash (vol 12)
Love&Collage (AiKora)(chap14)
To-Love-Ru (Trouble)
D-ASH (vol2)
Eyeshield 21
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Lilim Kiss (done)
Tokyo Crazy Paradise (done)
Pastel
Mahoromatic (chap 17)
Yamato Gensouki (done)
Detective Conan
Tokyo Underground (chap42)
Good (worth reading)
Open Sesame (chap 52)
Hayate the Combat Butler
Aishiteruze Baby (done)
Mr. Fullswing (chap 27)
xxxHOLiC
Genshiken (vol 5)
Zombie Loan (chap 15)
Katsu! (done)
Rough (done)
Yotsubato (chapter 38)
Dragon Half (chap 62)
Dr. Slump (vol2)
Yaiba
Azumanga Daioh
Magic Kaito (done)
Gintama
Nagasarete Airantou (chap 19)
Parallel (done)
Akuma Jiten (chap 15)
Aqua (done)
Rocket Princess
Airgear
OK (I guess you can pass the time with these)
Gantz
Fruit Basket
Hellsing
Nine (done)
Boukun Tyrano-san (done)
Otogi Matsuri (chap 26)
Erementar Gerard (chap 19)
NHK
Mahoraba (vol 10)
Naruto
Meiru Hito (vol 3)
Eureka 7
Kurogane (vol 2)
ZeroIn (chap 8)
Miyuki (done)
ChobitS (done)
Ultra Maniac (chap 11)
Pretty Face (done)
Show Me the Money (done)
DearS (chap19)
Iketeru Futari (vol 4 chap 1)
Tsuitero Kanojo (done)
Girls Saurus (done)
Girl Saurus DX (chap 23)
Evangel (done)
REC
Poopy
Battle Angel Alita (vol2)
Suzuka
Sasameke (vol 1)
D.N.Angel
Twin Signal (vol 1)
IO (vol 2)
Gacha Gacha (vol 8)
DNA2 (done)
Watashi No Ookami-san (done)
Battle Royale (vol1)
Elfen Lied (Chap 54)
Horrible (these don't exist in my views)
Bleach
Moon Phase (chap 19)
Tenjou Tenge (chap 95)
Slamdunk (vol12)
I''s (done)
Goth (done)
IkkiTousen(vol1)
Seto No Hanayame (chap 6)
Black God (vol2)
Mai-Hime (chap 15)
Chaosic Rune
Card Captor Sakura (done)
Psychic Academy (Vol 5)
Hot Gimmick (vol 3)
Pita-Ten
PoT
Get Backers
Minto Na Bokura (done)
Stuff I wanna see more of
Doeraemon, Mx0, Inukami, Aria, rosario+vampire, kami to sengoku seitokai, fairy tail!
Stuff I haven't read enough of to know
Murasame, 07-Ghost, Shuffle!, with karin, zero no tsukaima, , nagi, kurohime, Rokumon, Love Lucky, Enchanter
Wh00t And that be my list!!!!

I may have missed ones that I've read like 1-2 chapters and Hated (ichigo 100%) or ones I just hated anyways...
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, that's a lot of manga.
fireballer666 said:
erm well since I don't remember what I put on last time I'll just post my new list (130 titles)
Teh Shitz (Awesome)

Fullmetal Alchemist (chap 62)
If you like FMA then you should hang around in the FMA forum.
:D
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have a reccommendation. A manga I picked up at the bookstore the other day. I really enjoyed it. It's pretty deep, but I really liked the depth of the first volume. It was very...hopeless yet elegant in its atmospheric backdrop. Anyway, it's called <b>Eden</b> (released as Eden: It's an Endless World! by Dark Horse) by Endou Hiroki. In any case, the science/med. geek in me loved the fictional diseases...it's like a cross between Ebola and Scleroderma. :S And the artwork was good too, though the influences are obvious, it retains a sketchy and mature feel that I grew fond of quickly. The characters are quite interesting and some of them are about as human as you can get. The story carries a lot of mythological references, too, which serve to give the bleak setting a more artistic feel. I really loved the first volume.<a href="http://www.ex.org/5.4/29-manga_eden.html">Here</a> is a better review of it.

Review from DH: <i>Brutal and emotionally (as well as visually) disturbing, Hiroki Endo’s message is loud and clear. War sucks. Period.</i>

Anyone know where to download? :D
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Tanuki-dono, you can find it on mangatraders.com. I'm also downloading it, seems very interesting.

I've just finished reading Great Teacher Onizuka. Even the hideous Edited Mangas with superimposed green and pink layers on the bubbles could deter my enjoyment of this manga. The ending arc was a bit far-fetched, but then again, the humor and the warmth made for an easy suspension of disbelief.

Mieru Hito - not your typical shonen series. The main character kicks so much ass. Give it a try.

fireballer666, Slam Dunk is awful? :blink What didn't you like about it?
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Siedhr said:
fireballer666, Slam Dunk is awful? :blink What didn't you like about it?
Gyahahaha....i have a alot of "popular" series in my list of bad stufff: Slamdunk, Bleach and I"s are probably the most popular.
Well For Slamdunk Its just what's his name, the main character sucked, and I really really couldn't stand it in the way that I can't stand PoT...(prince of tennis)
Bleach- you should all know that the only thing with the name bleach is the hair product ;D
I"s- I don't know why I didn't like it, I just didn't like the plot I guess >.>
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@ <b>Des</b>: It is? @.@ Cool.

@ <b>Siedhr</b>: Heeey. Thanks for the link. :D Miero Hito, hnnn? Will check out.

And I've never read Slam Dunk, so I can't say what I think about it. >.>
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
wow, slam dunk is horrible and you didnt even read the last game. Its your opinion but i can find anything wrong with the series.
 

goofy_man

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
952
Reaction score
0
Country
United States
Currently reading:
Hellsing
Bleach
One Piece*
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray/R/X
Fate/Stay Night
GetBackers
Naruto
D. Gray Man
Black Cat



*=Thank you, 4Kids.....the manga of One Piece is now THE ONLY way I can enjoy said series.... /end 4Kids bashing
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i guess no one remembers kaizoku-fansubs anymore...
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NeoShweaty said:
i guess no one remembers kaizoku-fansubs anymore...
hehe I guess not, soooo Lets stay away from talking about slamdunk anyways....who here has read Girl's Bravo
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
goofy_man said:
Currently reading:
Hellsing
Bleach
One Piece*
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray/R/X
Fate/Stay Night
GetBackers
Naruto
D. Gray Man
Black Cat



*=Thank you, 4Kids.....the manga of One Piece is now THE ONLY way I can enjoy said series.... /end 4Kids bashing
Do you know where to find Edited Mangas of Get Backers?
Does anyone know D-Live?
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
For GetBackers - stoptazmo. I should download it too. I've only read the first volume from FM. I wonder who did the rest.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Siedhr said:
For GetBackers - stoptazmo. I should download it too. I've only read the first volume from FM. I wonder who did the rest.
I can't open the page about "Get Backers", could you say me which volumes are on stoptazmo?
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Funny, the page works perfectly for me. They have up to chapter 21. Another source is #lurk, of course, those guys have everything.
 

aszure

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
a-e (anime empire) originally did the Edited Manga as well as the subbing of the anime, but they stopped around the 3rd volume, illuminati manga then took up the project from where a-e stopped however they haven't released a new chapter for get backers for like 6 months, alos they're looking for scan's of the last few volumes as is almost everyone i guess
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top