Discussion What Manga Do You Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siegfried

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Kadoman said:
Am currently reading Loveless. OK...very weird. We have a world in which virgins have cat ears and a tail (so all children have them naturally) and when you lose your virginity, you lose them. So Ritsuka's class teacher still has her ears and er...yeah, a bit embarrassing. :eyeroll It's a very strange, very thoughtful manga, BEAUTIFULLY drawn (can't stress that enough) but VERY dark...in fact, some might be way too creeped out to read this. I'll do a review in of it when Im finished the current volume I'm on.

Edit: Now just think about this peoples...imagine if the whole freakin' world can TELL when you've lost your virginity?!? ACK!
The genre is shounan-ai? I couldnt get it from your summary. it is a shame, I was intending to start reading this. :(
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it is shonen-ai (nothing explicit). Well, I wouldn't be so hasty to dismiss it actually. I dunno...I think only particular types of people will like this manga - even among yaoi or shone-ai loving fans - still only particular types will appreciate it I think.

I stayed away from it at first, mainly because I wasn't gettin g my head around a college student coming on to a 12 year old boy. But in fact, it's not portrayed as distastefully as it sounds and the story explores so many other more important themes, to be frank. But those themes are pretty dark and twisted in nature. I really do like it so far and I'm watching the anime too. It's a very haunting and at times, surreal experience, but it's very thought-provoking as well. Definitely one for the more...mature? reader I think. I'll do a proper review later on.
 

kyubisharingan

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
2,647
Reaction score
103
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Action-adventure, COmedy-action, hmm ******?????XDDDDDDDDD
 

Exploded Magic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Reading now-
Slam Dunk
Death Note
One piece
Naruto
Bleach
Vagabond
Berserk
Hajime no Ippo
Eyeshield 21
Gantz
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Latest good finds are Gunsmith Cats (perfect edition currently published in France ^o^), Those who hunt elves (gotta love naked elves XD), Metal Heart (pretty good korean manhwa, parody of bishoujo games^^), and the first volume of Kurohime proved good too :amuse

GCU (Good Choice Umetaro) is pretty decent (very) ecchi stuff too :smile-big
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Could you say something about this "Those who hunt elves "?
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Luckas04 said:
Could you say something about this "Those who hunt elves "?
Basically three japanese guys, a fighter without a brain, a smart and beautiful actress, and a weapon-crazy girl who owns a tank, are thrown for some unknown reason into a fantastic world, and with the help of an elven powerful sorceress who screwed up the spell that was to make them return to Japan, they seek the fragments of the spell who got tattooed on random elven girls all over the world, which mean that they have to strip naked all elven girls they find^^"

Art isn't that good, the story is overall nonexistent, but it's really fun to read :amuse
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Xophien said:
Basically three japanese guys, a fighter without a brain, a smart and beautiful actress, and a weapon-crazy girl who owns a tank, are thrown for some unknown reason into a fantastic world, and with the help of an elven powerful sorceress who screwed up the spell that was to make them return to Japan, they seek the fragments of the spell who got tattooed on random elven girls all over the world, which mean that they have to strip naked all elven girls they find^^"

Art isn't that good, the story is overall nonexistent, but it's really fun to read :amuse
Thanks, I owe you one. :amuse
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Hunter X Hunter
Deathnote
Gantz
Fullmetal Alchemist
Basilisk
D- Gray man
666 Satan

Those are the ones I have read already and/or currently reading I wanna read loveless though from what i read it sounds interesting and probably will make characters like Naruto , Gon and Luffy look much less naive.
 

Jumo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
For me, I currently following this list..

One Piece
20th Century Boys
Prince of Tennis
FullMetal Alchemist
EyeShield 21
Naruto
Bleach

So Far I finished
Death Note
Monster
SlamDunk
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Currently reading :

Busou Renkin
Angel Heart
Excel Saga
Yureka
Metal Heart
Yongbi
Getbackers
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Eyeshield 21
Those who hunt Elves
Gunsmith Cats
Sorcerer Hunters
Monster Collection
G.C.U.
Tsukihime
Full Metal Alchemist
Chrono Crusade
Full Metal Panic
Kurohime

That's only the ones I'm buying at the moment, I won't add the scans I'm currently reading or it's going to be a huge list :noworry
 

SilverCross

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
there was a manga i use to read around 8-10 years ago .... its a fighting manga about a high school kid that learn a ancient japanese martial arts .. then he fough in a tournomount i remember that he fought a thai boxer that has a wing tatoo on his back... besides that he fought twins that are good in taekwondo ... one of the twins was injured when he was young.... i forgot about the name of the manga could anyone tell me if they know...
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anybody read "the ravages of time", "yaiba", "Dragon Quest Dais Adventure", "Kattobi Itto", or "my name is Teppi (PS. I don't know for sure if this is the name of this manga???)"????????

Anyway, these manga seemed to be (not have too many fans outside of Japan or perphap Asia, maybe I am wrong)....

I recommended all of them...

Currently reading too many stuffs... don't even know where to begin....
 

BLue-FIsh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I'm reading Bleach now...

My all time favourite is Hunter X Hunter! and I just finished Pita ten.. The first manga I've read was fruits basket and D.N.Angel was good too.
 

kingnothing90

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
how many of u people read the gto manga?
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
I'm actually reading naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Eyeshield 21, YuYu hakusho, Full Metal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin and Prince Of Tennis. I would like to Start on Death Note, is it any good?
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
kadodo said:
I would like to Start on Death Note, is it any good?
it is good,
although i would say that the anime is enpar with the manga up till now ^^
start and judge for yourself. if you like criminological themes, you'll love DN
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
ttxdragon said:
it is good,
although i would say that the anime is enpar with the manga up till now ^^
start and judge for yourself. if you like criminological themes, you'll love DN
when you say enpar, you mean the anime is following the manga?
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
kadodo said:
when you say enpar, you mean the anime is following the manga?
it means, it's about as good as the manga... (iirc)

and yeah, it follows the manga perfectly :)
 

Lyra Belaqua

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
85
Gender
Female
Country
Lithuania
Currently reading:
Fruits Basket (on volume 22)
Elfen Lied (up to date.. at least up to scanlated releases)
Karin (on volume 5)
Naruto (three chapters behind)
Bleach (three chapters behind)
Eyeshield 21 (two chapters behind)
Reborn (on volume 2)
Death Note (on volume 3)
Slam Dunk (on voume 1)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (on volume 2)

Fnished reading:
Suicide club (only 6 chapters, not very difficult to finish XD)

Also was trying to read 666Satan, Zombie Powder, Full Metal Alchemist and Busou Renkin but just get bored and erased from my hard drive...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top