Discussion What Manga Do You Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn, that sucks. If you had lived a little north...or south...or east...or west... whichever direction LA is in, you could have one. (i am gonna go to college in LA in the fall so i'll learn the geography of California then)
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
heh....jeez...bay area is about 6 hours (drive) (320 miles or so) north of LA.....Stanford land (my town)....I live so close to Stanford.........Which college you going to?..
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its called Occidental College.
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
...cool...*adds Tokyo Underground to Read and liked list.....
GAH....I need a new manga to read....
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
i am now reading Love Hina (i can't say if it is a Seinen or a Shoujo manga... O_o it's a pretty nice comedy though sometimes it goes a little bit "fishy" with some scenes... must be a Seinen... / :ebisunb just finished volume 5, definetly a seinen.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Its definitely not seinen.
Its shounen. Shounen is for boys; Love Hina was serialized in a Shounen magazine; it has no deep plot or violence -> thus it is shounen
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
and thus its awesome ^^. But yeah its not even cloes to a shoujo or Seinen :/
 

nytrogyn

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
357
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
666 Satan
Yakitate (dropped?)

Starting: Air Gear, Death Note
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yakitate has been dropped by snoopycool because it is licensed
 

Arsonist

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
update:

naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
bleach
blade of the immortal
berserk
one piece
Vagabond And it kicks ass!
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
meh, I would have added a few recently read ones, but I haven't read anything good recently, cept for Ranma 1/2, and Genshiken....and Boukun Tyrano San is a good 20 minutes manga....:D
 

zenozatch

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
76
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Currently Reading:

Naruto
One Peice(Trying to get into it,started from Ch1)
Konjiki No Gash Bell
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
zenozatch said:
One Peice(Trying to get into it,started from Ch1)
Goood choice I stared a week ago and read about 310 chapters now and I have to admit that its really awesome.

New on my list:
D.Gray-man
One Piece
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
thats right des! hop on the one piece bandwagon. I have been on it for the better part of two years.
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
new on the list:
xxxHolic :)
it's a nice manga, ok, there is not that much character development, there isn't that much of a connecting background story (till chap ~100, havn't read the unscanlated till now)
 

Mr Manga

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
Currently Reading :

Fullmetal Alchemist ( The best )
Naruto ( Not too bad :) )
One Piece ( Fantastic )
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Right now, I started to read LOVE HINA and NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (where I left it. I don't know how a friend download it to Volume 11 (Stage 72) of NGE, but is truth.)

They are both really cool. XD
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I just finished Rurouni Kenshi. Too much babble, too many whiny females (except for Megumi), too many pointless battles, no common plot thread, too many damn secret techniques whose name you have to yell before you perform. Truth is, Vagabond kinda ruined all other samurai mangas for me, you know, cause people there actually fight. Thumbs horizontal - I read it all, unlike Prince of Tennis which I abhorred for all 40 chapters I've read, won't reread it, won't keep it on my computer. Oh and Enishi was hot.

Homunculus - finished it last week. Talk about a weak ending, but the rest is definitely top notch. I'll be keeping it and maybe rereading at a later date. Thumbs up.

Finally managed to read Gantz. Loving it so far, but what is with all these p0rn covers? If I want to read p0rn, I read p0rn. Again, weak females. Even Reika. The only hot, powerful female got whacked (the kick-boxing girl with a braid). And
vampires, wtf, excuse my English, what is that? But I'll be reserving my judgement till phase 2.
Thumbs up.

Naruto and DGray man have kicked the bucket for me. I read them from inertia and cause they're easy to get. Naruto I also read to be able to understand all the parodies.

FMA loved it, loving it. Great manga. Blade of the Immortal and Berserk, other two manga which, so far, haven't dissapointed me one bit. Eyeshield 21 and Mr. Fullswing - don't know anything about sports, but it doesn't matter.

One Piece, I'm still enjoying it, but not to die for. Bleach as well, Kubo Tite cares more about cliffhangers than he does for giving us a story.

And, of course, Vagabond, which I love.

On my to read list: Ares, 20th century boys (I'm a third through), Ichi the killer and some other unknown stuff.
 

graphic_content

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
236
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
besides Bleach and Naruto:

Upon recommendation: I've started reading 'KAMUI' - which has just recently made it here to the states:

-if you decide to try it - expect alot of character development - but the action sequences that are there, though scarce are so incredible - I wish that someone would pick this up and animate it. :ffwub
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top