Damn, that sucks. If you had lived a little north...or south...or east...or west... whichever direction LA is in, you could have one. (i am gonna go to college in LA in the fall so i'll learn the geography of California then)
heh....jeez...bay area is about 6 hours (drive) (320 miles or so) north of LA.....Stanford land (my town)....I live so close to Stanford.........Which college you going to?..
i am now reading Love Hina (i can't say if it is a Seinen or a Shoujo manga... O_o it's a pretty nice comedy though sometimes it goes a little bit "fishy" with some scenes... must be a Seinen... / just finished volume 5, definetly a seinen.
Its definitely not seinen.
Its shounen. Shounen is for boys; Love Hina was serialized in a Shounen magazine; it has no deep plot or violence -> thus it is shounen
meh, I would have added a few recently read ones, but I haven't read anything good recently, cept for Ranma 1/2, and Genshiken....and Boukun Tyrano San is a good 20 minutes manga....
new on the list:
xxxHolic
it's a nice manga, ok, there is not that much character development, there isn't that much of a connecting background story (till chap ~100, havn't read the unscanlated till now)
Right now, I started to read LOVE HINA and NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (where I left it. I don't know how a friend download it to Volume 11 (Stage 72) of NGE, but is truth.)
I just finished Rurouni Kenshi. Too much babble, too many whiny females (except for Megumi), too many pointless battles, no common plot thread, too many damn secret techniques whose name you have to yell before you perform. Truth is, Vagabond kinda ruined all other samurai mangas for me, you know, cause people there actually fight. Thumbs horizontal - I read it all, unlike Prince of Tennis which I abhorred for all 40 chapters I've read, won't reread it, won't keep it on my computer. Oh and Enishi was hot.
Homunculus - finished it last week. Talk about a weak ending, but the rest is definitely top notch. I'll be keeping it and maybe rereading at a later date. Thumbs up.
Finally managed to read Gantz. Loving it so far, but what is with all these p0rn covers? If I want to read p0rn, I read p0rn. Again, weak females. Even Reika. The only hot, powerful female got whacked (the kick-boxing girl with a braid). And
vampires, wtf, excuse my English, what is that? But I'll be reserving my judgement till phase 2.
Thumbs up.
Naruto and DGray man have kicked the bucket for me. I read them from inertia and cause they're easy to get. Naruto I also read to be able to understand all the parodies.
FMA loved it, loving it. Great manga. Blade of the Immortal and Berserk, other two manga which, so far, haven't dissapointed me one bit. Eyeshield 21 and Mr. Fullswing - don't know anything about sports, but it doesn't matter.
One Piece, I'm still enjoying it, but not to die for. Bleach as well, Kubo Tite cares more about cliffhangers than he does for giving us a story.
And, of course, Vagabond, which I love.
On my to read list: Ares, 20th century boys (I'm a third through), Ichi the killer and some other unknown stuff.
Upon recommendation: I've started reading 'KAMUI' - which has just recently made it here to the states:
-if you decide to try it - expect alot of character development - but the action sequences that are there, though scarce are so incredible - I wish that someone would pick this up and animate it.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.