Discussion - What manhwa/manhua are you reading/planning to read? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What manhwa/manhua are you reading/planning to read?

The_kid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sun ken rock
The breaker new waves
Noblesse
Dark Mage
Transfer student storm bringer
Transfer student storm bringer reboot
mx0
Girls of the wild
Yureka
Knight Run

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm still following my previous list: Noblesse, Tower of God, Bride of the Water God, and Orange Marmalade. I haven't caught up with Song of the Cloud lately. I'm more interested in reading Layers now, seems like quite interesting so I've been reading it as fast as I can to continue to its second season. ^_^

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
started with Can't See Can't Hear But Love, ToG and Noblesse (up to date, up to date and 1/10th respectively) , before there was Ares, some Boichi oneshots aaaand that's pretty much it I guess ^^
anyway just now finished an inbetween, 20 chapter long work called Zusun

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Oh 2 Can't See Can't Hear But Love sig in a row, I'm happy.

Ok then let's make it 3

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
started with Can't See Can't Hear But Love, ToG and Noblesse (up to date, up to date and 1/10th respectively) , before there was Ares, some Boichi oneshots aaaand that's pretty much it I guess ^^
anyway just now finished an inbetween, 20 chapter long work called Zusun
I didn't know you read that many manhwa actually. :darn

Nice list there! Time to expand it a bit more~ :XD

Following from my latest post, finished with Layers already. Now proceeding with Layers Anarchy; releases seem to be slow though. And Diamond Dust. So far not really special but look forward to more complications.

Oh 2 Can't See Can't Hear But Love sig in a row, I'm happy.

Ok then let's make it 3
Now four! :XD

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I'm reading my first two manhwa, following recomendations by k-dom. Shin Angyo Onshi, a bit dark to me, but it is too son to say nothing about it: i'm just beginning The tale of Bang ja.

The second one is Can't see can't hear but love :super What a lovely story with lovely drawings. I have had a great time reading it. I laughed many times, and also let go a couple ot tears whit those mom and daughter-in-law scenes. I like so much the colorfull pages, and also its design. The repetitions of the same panels, using different lines, on one hand, and the drawings of characters using sometimes small and tender version and sometimes tall regular version, on the other hand creates an intimate and warm atmosphere which I kust can enjoy. I would say, the autor, Nasty Cat, do cares his/her characters. They are at the same time so real and so tender. Really really nice.

Who is this guy/lady who wrote this manhaw? Nasty cat? It seems a nick name.

k-dom, thanks a lot for your signature :-)

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

You guys have to forgive me, since I'm new with manhwa... but when are chapters of Can't see... are comming out? I'm reading Mezzoflation scans? Are there better translations? (because I even liked translator notes).

I think it would nice to have a thread so that peolple who wants to comment incoming chapters can write freely not paying attention to dont tell something that reveals part of the stories to other people who is searching for a recommedation for a manhwa to read here in this general thread. What you think?

Last edited:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Welcome to this part of mangahelpers ukimix. I'm glad you enjoyed Can't see, can't here too (as you can see above, all the signature credit go to Akainu and phio_chan :-)
We have a small thread for the web comic here. Nastycat is indeed certainly a nickname, he is more famous for his other webcomic Trace. It's a supernatural serie, good but with a not so good end. Can't se, can't here has a chapter translated every weeky (on Sunday evening French time). The serie is already finished so you can be spoiled if you want to :-) and there is only 1 Manga Editor (only few series have several)
If you like web-comic, the most popular ones are Tower of god and Noblesse ( both have a forum). Personally, I also really like the works of the author Ha Il-kwon

Last edited:

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Now i'm reading Girls of the Wild's and it's awesome :wtf

I recommend it wholeheartedly :nod

Black Void

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I read Tower of God and Magician.

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
i am getting bored by noblesse, maybe will wait it out until this arc finishes to pick it up again. from the newly translated ones i kinda like heavenly match maybe cause i am sucker for pyschological stuff. another one that seemes to pique my interest is glory hill though will have to w8 till the actual chapters get translated. but for some reason daum's manwha's started to get better while naver is dwindling in quality.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Today I stumbled upon a series titled "By Chance We... And..." by evngarion (yes, yes, it does remind you of another work... XD). It's probably your standard love, romantic webtoon, but I somehow like it. It has humor, and has its own pace (which feels a bit slow but doesn't matter to me). Too bad it is now on hiatus because the author is taking a break. I'll be waiting for it to be continued.

2bst2d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I read manhwa almost exclusively now...

Tower of God, Breaker, Noblesse, Kubera, Girls of the Wild's, City of Dead Sorcerer, Lessa, Crepuscule (I do NOT recommend this one), Ruler of the Land, Green Boy, The Friendly Winter, Feng Shen Ji.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Now that Naver translates webtoon in English I finally started reading Noblesse and The God of High School.

perspherspley

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
These three are the only manhwa I'm currently reading, I used to read Magician, but dropped it, since the progress of the story seems slow to me.
Noblesse
The Breaker Series
Tower of God

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The awards really motivate me to marathon Noblesse, I only read the chapters translated on Naver and put it on hold because it was too slow but I caught up with GOH. I am also reading Feng Shen Ji, it's one of the best thing I have ever read.

Sakurane

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I am reading Dear My Girls recently. It's a good manhwa, I think.

Lomahongva

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Currently reading and enjoying Noblesse and planing to read, may be, Tower of God and Magician thanks to the awards. I already had Bride of the water God and The One, but I was waiting for The One to be ended t catch up with the chapters and for BOTWG... for a suitable day ^^ I need to be on the mood for it.

P.S.: Ah, and I also have in my planning to read list Goong!

Oh my, too many manhwas :teehee

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I've just started reading Noblesse as well, it's amazing, i'm loving the plot and the characters... Frank is awesome and very funny (lol), i'm currently reading the chapter 230 and it's really interesting.

I'm also reading Tower of God, The Breaker NW, Cavalier of the Abyss, Geukji High, Flow, Girls of the Wild's, Freezing, Rebirth Knight, Be Born Again and Witch Hunter though the last three haven't received any english releases lately.

I just put DICE and The Gamer on my wish list, i hope reading them soon, but i guess it won't be possible... maybe in a month i start to read 'em.

Midora

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to start Tower of God again.

I'm currently reading Feng Shen Ji.

Cloudyrain

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Right now I'm patiently waiting for the new chapter of Kubera to be translated :eyeroll
and I'm in the third season season of Noblesse ( in ch 200 to be specific) Frankenstein :swoon:blush:awe
Planning to read The Gamer , Tower of God and the breaker

Manhwa MOOD *ON* :hip