Discussion - What should (Realistically) take down Kaidou? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What should (Realistically) take down Kaidou?

What should enable Luffys final hit to down Kaidou?

• Gear 5TH

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • A combo attack of all present Supernovas

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Toki-Toki shenanigans

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Kage-Kage shenanigans

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Ope-Ope shenanigans

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Marine Intervation

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Another Yonkou i

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Zoro´s left eye

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • A Cake by Sanji

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
luffy with advanced level of CoA would defeat kaidou

Kurara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Since he is a DF user, those who aren't DF user can try to kill him by drowning him? (But I don't think that Luffy crew will do any killing, though Zoro, Robin and Brooks probably killed people before meeting Luffy)

The mystery of his immortality must be cracked first.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Personally at the moment I don't think there is a specific trick to defeating kaido. Kaido is simply THAT strong basically. And you simply have to hit him hard enough in order to defeat him. I could be wrong about this though.

In any case, it does not appear like there is anything available to luffy or his allies that would allow him to damage kaido. Luffy pummeled a drunk kaido and failed to deal damage as far as I can tell.

I suppose a viable scenario here is to pitch big mom against kaido and have her deal as much damage as possible before luffy and his allies get in the fight.

Other than that... I suppose law could deal actual damage to kaido since his techniques can cause internal damage.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another thing which might be a possibility is momonosuke. He has a dragon fruit which seems to have some sort of link to kaido's own.... Maybe he can be a sort of weakness against kaido somehow. As in interfering with his abilities.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Since he is a DF user, those who aren't DF user can try to kill him by drowning him? (But I don't think that Luffy crew will do any killing, though Zoro, Robin and Brooks probably killed people before meeting Luffy)

The mystery of his immortality must be cracked first.
Luffy has also killed, and a lot of people

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
luffy with advanced level of CoA would defeat kaidou
No.
Personally at the moment I don't think there is a specific trick to defeating kaido. Kaido is simply THAT strong basically. And you simply have to hit him hard enough in order to defeat him. I could be wrong about this though.

In any case, it does not appear like there is anything available to luffy or his allies that would allow him to damage kaido. Luffy pummeled a drunk kaido and failed to deal damage as far as I can tell.

I suppose a viable scenario here is to pitch big mom against kaido and have her deal as much damage as possible before luffy and his allies get in the fight.

Other than that... I suppose law could deal actual damage to kaido since his techniques can cause internal damage.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another thing which might be a possibility is momonosuke. He has a dragon fruit which seems to have some sort of link to kaido's own.... Maybe he can be a sort of weakness against kaido somehow. As in interfering with his abilities.
Would be interesting to see Big Mom team up with the others though, and some of them land hits together against Kaidou. I don't think anything less than that plus attacks like Law's gamma knife will be enough to take him down unless Kaidou has a weakness that can be exploited.

Has he ever been sober?

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Luffy has also killed, and a lot of people
Luffy never killed anyone in the canon. He did kill the villain of the 6th movie, for example.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Luffy never killed anyone in the canon. He did kill the villain of the 6th movie, for example.
He killed those guards in impel down that he pushed in the boiling blood

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
He killed those guards in impel down that he pushed in the boiling blood
They use the boiling blood to torture prisoners. Magellan says in chapter 533 that Luffy and the others would die if they fall on it because they are Devil Fruit users.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
They use the boiling blood to torture prisoners. Magellan says in chapter 533 that Luffy and the others would die if they fall on it because they are Devil Fruit users.
We were shown someone dying from falling in, don't see how it would be any different for the guards Luffy threw in there.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am willing to bet it be a mixture of the Supernovas working together (Except Zoro and see probably only Kidd and Law working with Luffy) and Luffy gaining a new power up and possibly new Gear 4th Form. There is also chances he unlocks the next stage of COA and Awakening his DF to help combat against Kaido more, so probably going to be like that with the support of Kidd and Law in this. Kinda similar to Doflamingo on taking him down, but still feel like Luffy will do more of the work since he must prove he can stand at the top of being the strongest for PK.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Attrition via numbers ala the Supernovas, the 9 Red Scabbards (perhaps), and, most importantly, Big Mom.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Special home brewed Sanji Sake should do the trick!

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Special home brewed Sanji Sake should do the trick!
Feel Zoro can do that as he is a man knowing his Sakes. Haven't been doing action anyway, so him on adventure to different areas could lead to finding the best Sake he could make lol XD.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Hypothetically, could a Prime Whitebeard be strong enough to take down Kaidou?
Prime whitebeard beats kaido and even prime elizabeth ;)

Potironche

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Luffy will awake his DF, make Kaido skin Rubbery so his punch can have an effect (with haki) so he can actually take him down.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think that's possible, otherwise Doflamingo would have tried that to take down Luffy.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Well i voted for Supernovas unite and Ope Ope shenanigans. Because TeamUps are very rare in OP,at least until the enemy lies defeated in front of the Team's feet and not only Luffy's,and because...Law. The guy does all the planning and continous to be walked over by Luffy and his rash movements,let him take the Spotlight here. He didnt get any with Doffy,and without him Luffy wouldn't even be thinking of taking on Kaido,Doffy or the Smile Productions.:nerd

What i actually think will happen is: Luffy all the way,Gear 5/Awakening,a rehashed Luffy vs Crocodile Round 3 fight. But with much more off panelling.:disappoint

Potironche

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think that's possible, otherwise Doflamingo would have tried that to take down Luffy.
I think Crocodile kind of did it, when he dry up people

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think Crocodile kind of did it, when he dry up people
I think that was more an effect of the DF itself rather than turning people into sand by awakening. I agree with m3j here, it shouldn't be possible.