What will happen when luffy meets his father? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What will happen when luffy meets his father?

bebekhappy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
They'll start to talk and fall asleep at the middle.. :p
Would be funny to see a serious-supposed to be person like Dragon, with the personallity of luffy's family. :p
I'm agree with you, but before Garp told Luffy that Dragon's his father, i've always believe that he's a serious character perhaps the only one in OP world.At least i'm sure there would be some funny moments when this two met:rolleyes:

mck06

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Panama
Remember that Dragon says that Luffy will be the next pirate king, so he's trying to help him to archive his goals. i don't think that Dragon want to fight luffy unless he was going to test his strength. Also i don't think that Dragon Will reveal himself so easy must be a dead or live situation.

:D and i think that Dragon real personality must be really similar to luffy's if luffy ask him for how is grandfather dragon must do a scary face like luffy.

Last edited:

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I'm pretty sure you'll get banned pretty soon Ocropoid.

@mk06:
I don't think that dragon ever said something like luffy will be the next pirate king, and I kinda think he'll more likely use luffy to achive his own goals, than help luffy achive his goals.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Dragon is more like Ace then like Luffy. He struck me as sort of serious and determined. And Absolutio is right, Dragon liked that Luffy was doing what he wanted in defiance of the World Government. Dragon would probably try to enlist Luffy if they met, then would come to accept that Luffy doesn't wanna become Pirate King so that he can destroy the World Government, but for the adventure, and will end up encouraging Luffy to follow his dream, whether or not that brings him into conflict with the World Government.

KyleUchiha

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think they will fight. It might be more or less a conflict of interest or a misunderstanding, like what happened with Luffy vs Zoro. But I don't think either would intentionally try to kill each other in the fight, maybe just to teach the other a lesson about their ideals.

arcrouma

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I don't think they will fight...as dragon saved luffy in the logue town
I'd say luffy will find dragon dying or die....or maybe just short meeting...like ace and garp
or maybe dragon will save luffy once again

MrStrawHat

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
I always imagined that Luffy will ask him to join him as nakama then Dragon wil stare at him like 'wth are you doing?' look. Then they will have big laugh like how a real father-son should be. (Always optimist) I dont see them fighting.... ever. Mayb back to back, but not each other.

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
dragon will be picking in his nose and acting like garp i bet

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dunno, I think Dragon is more like Ace. Serious, mature, set on his goal. Only not as laid back as Ace. Garp seems more like Luffy, but not as simple-minded. He's set on his plans to the exclusion of everyone else's, he's loud, not exactly the most polite and etiquette-observing of people. I think Dragon is one of the more serious members of Luffy's family. The real question is, if Dragon's all serious, then what's Luffy's mother like, since he probably got alot of his... Luffy-ness from her.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well.. Garp is Dragon's father, and since Luffy and Garp are so much alike, I doubt that Luffy god his Luffyness from his mother. More like it might have skipped a generation (since Dragon doesn't seem to be a "Luffy" person.. :p )

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Well, as far as we know, Dragon is one of the more serious characters in the series, and it's definitely what suits him the best. However, when we get to see more if him (most likely when he meets Luffy), I know it would crack me up if he actually turned out to be just like the rest of the family. Probably not, though.

What I find most likely is that Luffy will be quite indifferent to meeting his father. I can't see them fighting but I definitely can't see them sitting quietly, reflecting over life and the paths they have taken. Nooo way.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I guess when they meet each other it will be really awekward.. :s Can't believe this dumbass Luffy didn't know he had a father.. Not to mention who he was.. ><

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
dragon is just like the rest of the family =D

arcrouma

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
i think dragon is just like ace
dragon saved luffy from smoker in the logue town
ace saved luffy from smoker(again) in arabasta
dragon and ace are very similar in their first appearance
although i will say that dragon will be more serious than ace (who can sleep everywhere)

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's not Ace's fault that he falls asleep, he's got narcolepcy.

And Dragon and Ace are somewhat more "serious" than the other Ds shown, but Ace's still pretty laid back and not as menacing as Dragon is when he smiles.

But all the Ds are pretty different. I mean, Garp and Luffy are the closest to one another, but then again, Garp raised Luffy. Maybe Dragon raised Ace. And Luffy's obvious more "food-oriented" and stupider than the rest of the Ds, whereas Saul uses reasoning and doesn't like to fight more then any of the other Ds.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly. The basic "D" traits are the same for all of them, but they each have each trait to differing degrees, and their basic personalities differ, effecting how the "D" traits affect their personalities, how the "D" traits are exemplified by this person after being run through his personality.

TheBlackLotus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dragon: It's been a while Luffy
Luffy: What?
Dragon: Since we met at Loguetown
Luffy's completely perplexed, and mistakes him for someone else.
Dragon explains their relationship
Luffy is still completely confused and doesn't get the connection, every one else in the SH crew is all shocked to be face to face with the world's most wanted criminal.

Some D traits come out, Luffy and Dragon have a good time and Luffy wants him as a nakama (like when he asked Ace) but Dragon will decline, probably show/give him something random but important and they'll part their seperate ways and meet up again later after a lot of indepth backstory with dragon and the monkey family in general.

Highseas7

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
I think that theywould fight knowing Oda he'll make Dragon like lucci the ends justify the means! and they would fight until someone wins i mean not all D's are god as we can see BB

Superman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i mean not all D's are god as we can see BB
true, if that would be the case op would be fucking boring."Arrrrrrrrrr" sorry thats not funny