What would happen if Azami reign last until the next year?

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, I'm not sure what would happen in the manga, but I think it would be interesting to discuss.

First of all, the most obvious would be that 4 of his elite 10 supporter would be gone. If Kuga, Isshiki, and Erina doesn't change their mind, there would be a 3:2 supporter, with Azami losing.

It just doesn't seem very long lasting. The anti Azami will only need to search for 3 more members and Azami only need to get a whooping 4 more.

JonDou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I can't see the Azami character lasting long because his type of character is frankly, boring. He seems to be modeled after an old school communist dictator and those guys were just brutal without being interesting.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
If Azami is here for the long term, then it require having people who pose no threat to him. So that likely means he needs to convert some people to his side by clever manipulation.

As it stands, it doesn't seem any of the PSD members will commit betrayal at this current time and I suspect most of the other jewels as well. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few shocking betrayals down the line (Soma and Megumi for example might join camp Azami for different reasons and as their mindsets evolve.)

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
If there is one possibility for Azami to hold power, he needs more than just manipulation to quell the "rebellions" that finds his policies distasteful. Right now, the Yukihira Genius is the face of the revolt and his second infamous speech makes a solid statement that he is not afraid to anyone who dares to lay a finger onto his friends, not even the Elite Ten members. How do ya supposes to tame a Sun Wukong who is not even afraid of the Heavenly guards and warlords who vows to his rebellious attributes, until he met his defeat by the Great Buddha? Yes, I have a tendencies that this will be the cooking manga version of the Journey of the West prologue Havoc in Heaven. For those who don't know what is that, check this link to find out the original story,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havoc_in_Heaven

You really should wonder how will Azami responds to this statement especially he made this statement live on TV, and I bet he will not delighted to see this.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
New supporters or outside (fereigner) students. I want him to continue as director, I'm a bit skeptical of Souma as a E10. We need lots os seat-on-the-line shokugekis or it will be boring. The E10 seats are, at least for this particular gen. of members, quite static. And Souma and co. handling bureucracy, c'mon.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
This manga will cease to exist if that's the case. :x

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
New supporters or outside (fereigner) students. I want him to continue as director, I'm a bit skeptical of Souma as a E10. We need lots os seat-on-the-line shokugekis or it will be boring. The E10 seats are, at least for this particular gen. of members, quite static. And Souma and co. handling bureucracy, c'mon.
Skeptical or not, there is no mistake that the Yukihira Genius's made his statement strong and messing with him will ends up like Eizan. Actually, there are some people are still skeptical towards Azami's reign as well, like Roland who view the reformation only makes thing even worse for the Tootsuki. I don't mind if there are other international student enters the academy under Azami's plan, you need to be reminded that What Azami is doing right now is literary destroying everything that representing the Tootsuki, and the Yukihira Genius's 6-0 Shokugeki record has already marks his defiance and, I gonna add this, reviving the true purpose of the Shokugeki itself. Not paying his infamous speech attention is like asking a fight against the son of the Hall of Famer indirectly.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
First of all, the most obvious would be that 4 of his elite 10 supporter would be gone. If Kuga, Isshiki, and Erina doesn't change their mind, there would be a 3:2 supporter, with Azami losing. It just doesn't seem very long lasting. The anti Azami will only need to search for 3 more members and Azami only need to get a whooping 4 more.
The story has been flying toward this massive, black plot hole ever since Azami handed Senzaemon his marching orders in chapter 134. Does the E10 have the power to rewrite the school's constitution, because that is what it would take to protect Azami at this point? He would essentially have to ask the E10 to give up their apparent power over the directorship appointment. I've learned my lesson from these last few months: don't over think the story, it's written for a young audience with the intention of entertainment and teaching them something about cooking The plot holes will be painted over so the story can move on.

So what if Azami lasted till next year? It's kind of a ridiculous idea. No student in their right mind would enroll in a school where creativity is not allowed, so the school would go bankrupt.

Akia999

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Pretty sure Azami will be gone before Christmas (in universe). At this point, I'm convinced that Azami's only purpose in the story is to force and accelerate Erina's character development and also help Soma get into her pants.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Pretty sure Azami will be gone before Christmas (in universe). At this point, I'm convinced that Azami's only purpose in the story is to force and accelerate Erina's character development and also help Soma get into her pants.
Yes, but this is a "what if".