Which Next-Gen console do you intend to have?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Speaking of Next-Gen Consoles. I recently passed by through some of the shops in Hong Kong, to begin with PS3 is on the top of my priority list. And then I saw it!! Someone was actually buying it and testing it right in front of MY EYES! At first I saw a screen and a character, "Wow, nice CG Movie" I thought, then the dude starts pressing buttons, and the character MOVED! I jumped back in astonishment and I was pretty much confused in my mind, is this a CG movie or a REAL-TIME Game. I can't bear to watch so I stood in the corner rubbing my head continiously "no no no, my mind must be playing tricks on me". Soon after I went to another shop with a PS3 demo on board (you can play it) but for some reason, nobody is touching the alien console. And then somebody did, and I watched again with Awe. I couldn't bear to watch so once again I continued around the area.

Then I noticed a Nintendo Wii is being showcased, and man I could not imagine how I felt when I saw it! The demonstration with the Wii controller just urged me to buy it, it's not the graphics that interests me but the way the control can actually be manipulated in countless ways possible. I HAVE TO GET IT! But it was sold out on the First Day! UNBELIEVABLE. You know what, I'm gonna get a Wii first before the PS3, it's a definite must, I love Zelda and I loved how the demo went.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm also interested at the Wiimote's freedom of movement, but remember these 2 important things when you get the Wii:

1. Be sure that there is nothing near you when you play or you could hit someone/knock off something.
2. Wear the wristband. Better yet, reinforce the wristband that comes with the Wii. There have been incidents where the wristband snapped. I bet nobody wants their TV to end up like this guy's, just because the wristband snapped right when the Wiimote slipped out of his friend's hand.

I'm still undecided whether to get a Wii as well. The only reason why I plan to get a PS3 was because of their game lineup. These games haven't been released yet so I'm in no hurry getting a PS3. Besides, I still need to save money to buy it.
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Ayah said:
I'm also interested at the Wiimote's freedom of movement, but remember these 2 important things when you get the Wii:

1. Be sure that there is nothing near you when you play or you could hit someone/knock off something.
2. Wear the wristband. Better yet, reinforce the wristband that comes with the Wii. There have been incidents where the wristband snapped. I bet nobody wants their TV to end up like this guy's, just because the wristband snapped right when the Wiimote slipped out of his friend's hand.

I'm still undecided whether to get a Wii as well. The only reason why I plan to get a PS3 was because of their game lineup. These games haven't been released yet so I'm in no hurry getting a PS3. Besides, I still need to save money to buy it.
I know what you mean, I've seen CRAZY stuff regarding "next-gen" consoles like what happened to my friend when he first bought a PS2. Remember that time where you needed an Original CD and a bootdisk to play the pirated games. Yeah the DVD slot keeps coming in and out, then for some reason, the DVD slot shot out like an alien space craft along with DVD. Anyways, with the Wii, I'll always make sure that I would use it in Nunchuck mode! It's a bit safer than holding the remote alone! Anyways, there has been a lot of problems with PS3 so I'll wait for bug fixes and popular games before I buy it!
 

kulong

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WII cause it cheaper and its fun when ur friends come over xD need more mult parties games for the wii xD
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
kulong said:
WII cause it cheaper and its fun when ur friends come over xD need more mult parties games for the wii xD
Exactly!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
White Silver said:
Speaking of Next-Gen Consoles. I recently passed by through some of the shops in Hong Kong, to begin with PS3 is on the top of my priority list. And then I saw it!! Someone was actually buying it and testing it right in front of MY EYES! At first I saw a screen and a character, "Wow, nice CG Movie" I thought, then the dude starts pressing buttons, and the character MOVED! I jumped back in astonishment and I was pretty much confused in my mind, is this a CG movie or a REAL-TIME Game. I can't bear to watch so I stood in the corner rubbing my head continiously "no no no, my mind must be playing tricks on me". Soon after I went to another shop with a PS3 demo on board (you can play it) but for some reason, nobody is touching the alien console. And then somebody did, and I watched again with Awe. I couldn't bear to watch so once again I continued around the area.

Then I noticed a Nintendo Wii is being showcased, and man I could not imagine how I felt when I saw it! The demonstration with the Wii controller just urged me to buy it, it's not the graphics that interests me but the way the control can actually be manipulated in countless ways possible. I HAVE TO GET IT! But it was sold out on the First Day! UNBELIEVABLE. You know what, I'm gonna get a Wii first before the PS3, it's a definite must, I love Zelda and I loved how the demo went.


You sound pretty excited ;)

That post got me excited too :p

I just hope the gameplay lives up to expectations. The graphics are a given.
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Gold Knight said:
You sound pretty excited ;)

That post got me excited too :p

I just hope the gameplay lives up to expectations. The graphics are a given.
Did it??? Let me tell you this is what I would expect 10 years from now! Didn't realize this technology would exist today! As for the PS3 gameplay, I have seen SH*^ and I would love to kill the guy who proudly bought his PS3 with everybody fixiating their *jealous* eyes on him! I don't think there would be disappointments, nah ah!
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
White Silver said:
Did it??? Let me tell you this is what I would expect 10 years from now! Didn't realize this technology would exist today! As for the PS3 gameplay, I have seen SH*^ and I would love to kill the guy who proudly bought his PS3 with everybody fixiating their *jealous* eyes on him! I don't think there would be disappointments, nah ah!

nintendo Wii would probably be ebst to play in a massive 50" tv or projetor screen if possible. But that thing wouldbe had to play in a regular size tv. thats like playing half life in a laptop w/o a mouse. dont take it from me cause i havent played it yet. but that is what i am thinking right now.
I, my self want a ps3 just to be able to play the next metal gear. but im not about to pay 600$ for a game :p
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
sharingan_kakashi said:
nintendo Wii would probably be ebst to play in a massive 50" tv or projetor screen if possible. But that thing wouldbe had to play in a regular size tv. thats like playing half life in a laptop w/o a mouse. dont take it from me cause i havent played it yet. but that is what i am thinking right now.
I, my self want a ps3 just to be able to play the next metal gear. but im not about to pay 600$ for a game :p
That's where you're wrong. The Television used for the Wii was no bigger than 30 inches or maybe it was a bit bigger. Did you really think the one who designed Wii never thought about this?? Although the effect is a lot better for a 30+ inch T.V.

As for the *cough* $600 dollar game. It's actually USD$50 at most. I've seen the prices!
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
White Silver said:
That's where you're wrong. The Television used for the Wii was no bigger than 30 inches or maybe it was a bit bigger. Did you really think the one who designed Wii never thought about this?? Although the effect is a lot better for a 30+ inch T.V.

As for the *cough* $600 dollar game. It's actually USD$50 at most. I've seen the prices!

Im not saying you cant play it on a 30" tv, just that it would be difficult to play on my 20" old school tv. Im thinking of aiming using the nunchuck controllers for FPS games.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
if you have a small TV go closer and point ^^

Wii is suposed to come to europe 8 dec but i will have to wait untill jan to get one, cuse sweden will onle get about 3000 consoles :( and the waiting list is long.

if anyone from sweden have one over i would gladely buy it ^^
 

FaL

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
79
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
lol ^^ germany here and only 8 days left until i play zeldaaa :D i made my choice, ps3 is defenetly too expensive and i got a pc for nice graphic, wii will rock :D
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
how mutch will PS3 cost in germany ??
here in sweden i have heard it will cost about 6500 SEK = about 941.3741 US dollars or 7000 SEK = about 1013.8756 US dollars.
 

FaL

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
79
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
WHAT THE FUCK HELL HECK ? it will cost about 600€(788.94$) and the version with smaller hd 500€(657.45$) what a big difference...
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Mabye i sould go and buy my PS3 in germany :D
 

alitheneojedili

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wii all the way. Zelda is just too cool
 

FaL

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
79
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
zypher said:
Mabye i sould go and buy my PS3 in germany :D
thought u want to buy the wii? o-o
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yes i will next weak, but i have to get a PS3 in april to :D
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
A PS3 would be my first priority. But it's so expensive! A wii is fun, but it might tire me out really quickly :( Dunno! Either a PS3 or Wii! Xbox360 is so out of question. I hate that thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top