Which Next-Gen console do you intend to have?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I plan to have a PS3 and a Wii one day. I don't like Xbox, not a big fan of Microsoft... they don't need even MORE money, and all the games I want to play are on the Wii and PS3.

I hate Halo. Not a typo, I loathe it entirely.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I agree with you guys, I don't like Xbox or Xbox 360, and as Venom65437 says:
they don't need even MORE money,
I totlay agree with you. They have Windows and don't even have to worry about competition.
 

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
And it doesn't even work very well. :(
 

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
I'm heavily leaning towards Wii when it's coming out next week (Europe), though it's only Zelda that's gotten really good feedback, the other games seems to be so-so. However, when the developers gets some time with the Wii, I bet we'll see lots of cool games. For now I'm thinking of grabbing a Wii and then a PS3 (FF and Metal Gear etc. ^^) when the price goes down to a reasonable level. Xbox 360 looks cool, buuuuut, I have a comp already so I guess I'm not missing out that much, but PS3 has some exclusive titles I want.

So, my dilemma is wether to pick up a Wii next week and have Zelda for quite some time (which I really want) or wait and see what happens ;_;
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I say: "GET A WII AND PLAY ZELDA OR MISS ONE OF THE GREATEST MOMENTS OF YOUR LIFE". :amuse
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Venom65437 said:
I hate Halo. Not a typo, I loathe it entirely.

YES! THANK GOODNESS!!! Someone finally agrees with me! All of my friends (well, the guys anyway) cringew when I say that I hate Halo. It's just not that great of a game.

I'm seriously considering a Wii right now. PS3, even though it will host some pretty great games, has absolutely nothing on it right now, wheras Wii has Zelda. And it's less than half the price of PS3 ,oO I've never owned anything other than PS and PS2...wait, scartch that, i had Nintendo (the first one), but I'm I've always been pretty much loyal to sony...not anymore!
 

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Halo is so damn overrrated, first game was good, but got really boring in the end with the same interious and the same scourge-thingy all the time. Halo 2 was... ok, fun at times, but... meh. Multiplayer on LANs are fun though.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I do hate Xbox but i can't say i don't like Halo I or II and i think even Halo III will be great to.
Not to talk about Gears of War :hearts

But that is all I think is great about Xbox.
 

infyquest

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
India
First of all I dont like M$ and Im poor to own xbox(360) or ps2 or ps3 or wii
I cant spend my half/full salary on buying the machine.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I know what you mean, I have saved since july to buy myself a Wii ^^
 

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I will tell you why I hate Halo so much.

First, let me say I have NEVER played it. Infact, I've NEVER played a Xbox!

My first year of college, all my room mates woud play Halo in the living room. Didn't matter what time it was they would play each other in it and scream and shout at the top of their lungs. Even at 7 am! They would do this for HOURS! And it was one of many, many, MANY things I hated about them. So now anything that reminds me of them I hate.

Plus, FPS aren't that great anyway.

Bottom line, Halo sucks! :D
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Ok if you have your reasons witch I see you have, i won't argue against you.

Venom65437 said:
Plus, FPS aren't that great anyway.
Yeah the most of them do suck
 

infyquest

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
India
I play mostly on PC than on console.
It much better that way.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Venom65437 said:
I will tell you why I hate Halo so much.

First, let me say I have NEVER played it. Infact, I've NEVER played a Xbox!

My first year of college, all my room mates woud play Halo in the living room. Didn't matter what time it was they would play each other in it and scream and shout at the top of their lungs. Even at 7 am! They would do this for HOURS! And it was one of many, many, MANY things I hated about them. So now anything that reminds me of them I hate.

Plus, FPS aren't that great anyway.

Bottom line, Halo sucks! :D
I too have never played an XboX or Halo for that matter. I agree with pretty much everything you said (had also friends who were crazy about Halo and bought 2-3 xbox machines to play LAN) except for the FPS thing. Some FPS are good >_> They just get boring pretty fast. Still, the only reason for the majority to buy xBox360 is because of Halo 3.

Then again, the only games that you buy for the game itself are the PS3 games. The Wii just uses famous titles to attract people and believe it or not, it's working.
 

jairdan6

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
247
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Venom65437 said:
I will tell you why I hate Halo so much.

First, let me say I have NEVER played it. Infact, I've NEVER played a Xbox!

My first year of college, all my room mates woud play Halo in the living room. Didn't matter what time it was they would play each other in it and scream and shout at the top of their lungs. Even at 7 am! They would do this for HOURS! And it was one of many, many, MANY things I hated about them. So now anything that reminds me of them I hate.

Plus, FPS aren't that great anyway.

Bottom line, Halo sucks! :D
why did you never try out halo then? it sounds like you had every opportunity to try it out if your roommates were so into it.

ibra87 said:
I too have never played an XboX or Halo for that matter. I agree with pretty much everything you said (had also friends who were crazy about Halo and bought 2-3 xbox machines to play LAN) except for the FPS thing. Some FPS are good >_> They just get boring pretty fast. Still, the only reason for the majority to buy xBox360 is because of Halo 3.

Then again, the only games that you buy for the game itself are the PS3 games. The Wii just uses famous titles to attract people and believe it or not, it's working.
well xbox360 does have the most fleshed out online system you know. plus it's got good games that aren't halo 3 (which hasn't come out yet) like gears of war for one.

why do people who have never even tried out the game or the system say they hate it? arg, sheep and fanboys all of you
 

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Jair, I was ready to kill those people and slice them up into itty bitty pieces.... no way could I have sat down and played a game with them.

And I'm just not a fan of FPS in general, only a few exceptions...
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Venom65437 said:
And I'm just not a fan of FPS in general, only a few exceptions...
Agreed >.> Mostly I suck at FPS, but still :/ I tried playing one of those tom clancy/medal of honor/socom kind of things, and i got pwned within the first few seconds ><

And I'm considering NOT getting any net-gens at the moment >.> im seriously considering going old school and bringing back duckhunt and super nintendo XD
 

jairdan6

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
247
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Zypher said:
I agree with you guys, I don't like Xbox or Xbox 360, and as Venom65437 says: I totlay agree with you. They have Windows and don't even have to worry about competition.
sony has lots of money. so does nintendo. also apple might be considered competition for microsoft.

to Venom, i think you just discriminate against FPS' in general, but w/e, i can understand that a bad experience can put you off of something.

on a side note, i still think sony should have in no way used a blue-ray player to begin with. they're just pushing another media that not too many people use. blueray? umd? c'mon. the ps3 will be successful, but i don't see the blue-ray player as necessary.

the hvd will be capable of holding 3.9 terabytes of info. it can hold 160x the amount of a blueray disc. i'm not sure what my point here is
 

ichigo83

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Long live the N64!!!!!!! :woot
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
jairdan6 said:
the hvd will be capable of holding 3.9 terabytes of info. it can hold 160x the amount of a blueray disc. i'm not sure what my point here is
I think that is the same problem as cars, they build them to go faster and faster.
But you can't use it due to the speed limit on roads.

My point is... What use do you have of the speed when you have a speed limit...
what point do you have of the hvd when it can never be filled. (surely that is good but what is the point??)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top