Which Next-Gen console do you intend to have?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairdan6

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
247
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
well what's the point of blue-ray, thats my question. sony's is once again trying to market a product thats not needed. hd dvd is already pretty impressive as it is (that's what xbox is running on right?).
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I agree with you jairdan6... but mabye all this stuff that is way before our time may take us one bit closer to the future??
 

midnight789

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
LadyHatake said:
And I'm considering NOT getting any net-gens at the moment >.> im seriously considering going old school and bringing back duckhunt and super nintendo XD
You should deffinitely go get a SNES right now if you don't have one. 'Tis the greatest console of all time (imo) and it's much easier on the wallet (I got one for 20 bucks at the flea market, and it came with 3 games).

That aside, I would have to say I am happy with my XBox 360. It's much much cheaper than the PS3 and is a bit more expensive than the Wii, but has the best online service and the biggest library of games (simply because it's been out longer). Disregarding Halo (which some of you hate.....for no good reason..... :o.......) it has a bunch of other good games: Oblivion, GoW (Which is beyond amazing), Fight Night, Saint's Row, Dead Rising, Geometry Wars (It's addictive >.>), etc.
Compare that to the Wii which only has Zelda and the PS3 which has.....uh......something.....probably? Then again, I don't have either one.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
midnight789 said:
and the biggest library of games (simply because it's been out longer). Disregarding Halo (which some of you hate.....for no good reason..... Amazed.......) it has a bunch of other good games: Oblivion, GoW (Which is beyond amazing), Fight Night, Saint's Row, Dead Rising, Geometry Wars (It's addictive >.>), etc.
Compare that to the Wii which only has Zelda
ehhh... have you heard that you can download all the old games from NES and forwards to your Wii??

midnight789 said:
and the biggest library of games
humf bullshit
 

midnight789

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
Zypher said:
ehhh... have you heard that you can download all the old games from NES and forwards to your Wii??
Well, from what I heard you can only download some of the old games from NES and forward, but they release more every month. The only ones I saw that I would get would be Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda (the original), F-Zero, and Donkey Kong. But yea, if they manage to release some every month, then it'll probably become just as big a factor, if not more, as the current games that are being released, cuz nintendo's got a crapload of games they could choose from.
Zypher said:
humf bullshit
Your right, I should have said the biggest library of games compared to the Wii and PS3. And for good reason, it has been out a year longer than both of them.

Also, I didn't mean any of what I said to be an attack on any of the systems, if you took it that way. I'm no fan boy, I like any and all. My only real beef with any of the new systems is with Sony, cuz I think they made their machine waay too expensive, but only time will tell. And that's kind of an unfair assumption cuz I only own the 360, but I play the Wii at my friends' houses and I haven't played the PS3 at all (can't find any, and it's too expensive so none of my friends have it)
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I forgive you mate :amuse
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360??

No need to explain mutch here, just vote on your favorite console for this generation.

I myself are a NintendoWii fan to the bones of my soul :tem
 

bleachboy88

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
I voted for Wii because it has the most games I am intrested in right now.
If Kingdom Hearts III comes out for the PS3 though, my opinion will sway instantly.
But if it doesn't and the rumor of Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to the 360 are true then I'll be getting me a Wii60 (Gotta have Blue Dragon)
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I wounder if they already have started to develope the new Next-Gen console ??
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Wouldn't that be too early (unless it's Microsoft)? Sony and Nintendo just released the PS3 and Wii respectively. I can imagine Microsoft starting already though since they released the Xbox 360 much earlier than the competition.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Ayah said:
Wouldn't that be too early (unless it's Microsoft)? Sony and Nintendo just released the PS3 and Wii respectively. I can imagine Microsoft starting already though since they released the Xbox 360 much earlier than the competition.
I think they will take a little rest then go on after a little while. Developing a PS4 would seriously take lots of years, not to mention Nintendo, who can't really compete with Sony which means they have to think of a new aspiring idea.
 

zypher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
241
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yeah you may be right ibra, mabye they have taken a break for a year or so. But after that I don't think they have time to rest, or else the others might have gotten before them and they have no chanse to catch up.
 

Seiken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
I really cant imagine that Microsoft or Sony will develop a new console for a long time. It is two pretty powerful consoles already.

Nintendo on the other hand has a (compared to the other two) a weak hardware. I suppose Nintedo will upgrade their Wii in about five to six years from now.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
I too doubt that Sony will have started developement of a new console yet, or that they will for a few years.
If half the stuff I have been reading in the last half year is true, then sony spent a great portion of its resources on developing and marketing the ps3 with its cell processor, and blueray and all other bells and whistles. they cannot afford to start another expensive development until the ps3 has brought in enough revenue to have make it worthwhile for them and their stockholders. Aside from that, there is no technology available on the planet that can surpass the PS3 so developing something new would be senseless altogether except if it is a new handheld.

And if incase you are wondering, I am not a PS3 fanboy, I am much closer to a Wii fanboy, but even soo it is obvious that the PS3 has the most superior technology.
 

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would love to ge my hands on a PS3, but for that good $600 and up, i think i'll have to pass for the moment til i get my cake up, but that Wii is really attractive, i want to play Zelda and tennis on it, i think i can throw out $250 for it so its all good in my book
 

Umbra037

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I will have to go with the 360 on this one. Although I don't really plan on getting any of them, I would get 360 if I had a choice. Live and the games, such as Assassin's Creed, GoW, and Halo 3, make it much for appealing than PS3.
 

starfall856

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i love video games but these new consoles are crazy expensive
ill stick with the old school consoles, thank you very much
 

rai-chu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Wii and PS3, but i have to wait the prices to drop significantly.

As of now i'm contented what i have today. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top