Xadyu's Recommendation Corner!!

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Still no license. Still no car. Still lacking most basic stuff.

I failed.. didn't I..
Nah don't forget about you stellar bike!
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn!
:comfort
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
How's your life been Charles? Still working the ambo? Finally bought that house?

And stuff ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
dammit @Charlie I'm still waiting on answer :derp
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Apparently my wife reaaaaaally wanted to see Moana as well (got mad at me for watching it without her, never told me she wanted to see it that badly though). So already rewatching it again. :XD
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Apparently my wife reaaaaaally wanted to see Moana as well (got mad at me for watching it without her, never told me she wanted to see it that badly though). So already rewatching it again. :XD
That's how it starts!

Soon, you'll both be on your 30th rewatch. :nod

 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
That's how it starts!

Soon, you'll both be on your 30th rewatch. :nod

It takes a damn good film to make me like it even more when I rewatch it so soon afterwards. I usually wait a pretty long time after the first watch because I never like it as much otherwise, but this was an exception.

Wife loved it too, so.

Shinyyyyyyyy~
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
It takes a damn good film to make me like it even more when I rewatch it so soon afterwards. I usually wait a pretty long time after the first watch because I never like it as much otherwise, but this was an exception.

Wife loved it too, so.

Shinyyyyyyyy~
That's the only part of the movie my wife hates. She doesn't like his voice, nor the song.
I find both things genius. :lmao

She's always.. "Ahh.. not again.. fuck this so...SHINYYYYYEHH "

:rofl
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
That's the only part of the movie my wife hates. She doesn't like his voice, nor the song.
I find both things genius. :lmao

She's always.. "Ahh.. not again.. fuck this so...SHINYYYYYEHH "

:rofl
Absolutely genius. I could enjoy that part more this time when I was prepared for Jemaine’s voice and didn’t just see Flight of the Concords in my head.

I don’t know whether it’s Jemaine giving the song a Bowie vibe or the song making Jemaine channel his Bowie. Either way I love it. :lmao
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is this not wicked?

 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
People keep telling me I have to see Wicked, and getting surprised when I, a musical lover, have been to London like 10 times and never seen it.

I seriously have zero interest in it. Idk why, I just never felt like going to see it.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
People keep telling me I have to see Wicked, and getting surprised when I, a musical lover, have been to London like 10 times and never seen it.

I seriously have zero interest in it. Idk why, I just never felt like going to see it.
Same here, every big musical I could've seen in the past ten years, I've seen. All but Wicked. :catshrug
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,071
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
completeeed it !!!! that was briliant, i really loved it, sweet and sad, deals a lot with empathy and self-loath/lself-acceptance. Some reiki scenes really did made me cry :pout
So
The place within the walls if did understand properly was a kind of purgatory ? Reiki and Rakka were linked to the Sin because of their suicide i think (i checked back on internet seems suicide is regarded as a sin in basically all religions). from what i get, both killed themselves, thats heavily implied despite not being explicitely mentioned, but the train thing.

btw awesome thread
 
Last edited:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
completeeed it !!!! that was briliant, i really loved it, sweet and sad, deals a lot with empathy and self-loath/lself-acceptance. Some reiki scenes really did made me cry :pout
So
The place within the walls if did understand properly was a kind of purgatory ? Reiki and Rakka were linked to the Sin because of their suicide i think (i checked back on internet seems suicide is regarded as a sin in basically all religions). from what i get, both killed themselves, thats heavily implied despite not being explicitely mentioned, but the train thing.

btw awesome thread
Thanks!

Glad you liked it even though I haven't recommended it yet, very curious to what you think of Witch Hunter Robin since I think you said you'll watch that next?

But, going back to Haibane for a second, I usually ask these three questions at first,

  1. What did you expect from this series and what have you got?
  2. Who is your favorite character?
  3. What was your favorite episode?
It was a short and sweet show but there's a lot to talk about in the end, I guess. I'm always bad at starting such discussions, hence why I always ask these questions. Besides using my set to recommend new shows, what if I make a weekly opening post for them too? Some basic info, a picture, synopsis and maybe why I like/recommend it?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,071
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Yeah heard about Witch Hunter Robin some years ago ( i think i even watched a couple of episodes), and wanted to watch it and somehow totally forgot about it, your set last time reminded me about this anime, its definitely in my must-watch list :)

So regarding Haibane
1- What did i expect well, its hard to say, i knew it was dealing about death due to the angel look, and bc of the use of a lot of symbols like crows from the vry beginning (which are regarded as psychopomp animals i think at least in western, but still are seen as god messengers in Japanese mythologies) i knew something was off bc of the gray color wings mention in the title ( neither black nor white so something about neither good, nor evil or something like this) later the tolling bell. therefore i knew there will be likely some tragic things, but actually i thought we will learn more about characters life hen they were alive. didnt know exactly what the show was going to be about, and it ended to be mindblowing at least for me. i loved both the sweet and biter/tragic sides. I liked the way it deals quite crudely with some specific topics but without being graphic, mostly everything is about suggestion. also as i said above the whole thing about self acceptance.

2- My favorite char would likely be Reki, i liked Hyoko too and the librarian this lady was so so awesome :zomg

3- hard to say, maybe the 6 which was a kind of turning point with Kuu disappearance, theres also the scene of Reki "birth" that was heartbreaking, the episode when Rakka was rescued and figures out her actual dream. the last epoisode was also a great candidate, nice wrapping slighyly sad but sweet.


Besides using my set to recommend new shows, what if I make a weekly opening post for them too? Some basic info, a picture, synopsis and maybe why I like/recommend it?
yeah i think it s a great idea, :zomg.
Are anime like gunslinger girls, Noir and such in your further recommendations ? i remember having watched a couple of episodes of them forget everything except both are dealing with young girls exploited for killings.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yeah heard about Witch Hunter Robin some years ago ( i think i even watched a couple of episodes), and wanted to watch it and somehow totally forgot about it, your set last time reminded me about this anime, its definitely in my must-watch list :)

So regarding Haibane
1- What did i expect well, its hard to say, i knew it was dealing about death due to the angel look, and bc of the use of a lot of symbols like crows from the vry beginning (which are regarded as psychopomp animals i thing at least in western, but still are seen as god messengers in Japanese mythologies) i knew something was off bc of the gray color( neither black nor white so something about neither good, nor evil or something like this) later the tolling bell. therefore i knew there will be likely some tragic things, but actually i thought we will learn more about characters life hen they were alive. didnt know exactly what the show was going to be about, and it ended to be mindblowing at least for me. i loved both the sweet and biter/tragic sides. I liked the way it deals quite crudely with some specific topics but without being graphic, mostly everything is about suggestion. also as i said above the whole thing about self acceptance.

2- My favorite char would likely be Reki, i liked Hyoko too and the librarian this lady was so so awesome :zomg

3- hard to say, maybe the 6 which was a kind of turning point with Kuu disappearance, theres also the scene of Reki "birth" that was heartbreaking, the episode when Rakka was rescued and figures out her actual dream. the last epoisode was also a great candidate, nice wrapping slighyly sad but sweet.



yeah i think it s a great idea, :zomg.
Are anime like gunslinger girls, Noir and such in your further recommendations ? i remember having watched a couple of episodes of them forget everything except both are dealing with young girls exploited for killings.
Witch Hunter Robin is a good series.
 
Top