Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
1,340
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
xxxHolic 139 Discussion / Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the downloads and releases HERE.

Read through it and come back here to discuss amongst yourselves the events of the chapter and what you think will happen next.

Enjoy :D
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 139 Discussion / Prediction Thread

Looks like Watanuki is getting closer and closer to disappearing from this world. Even though the mother didn't realize it, she actually saved him from it. That would probably explain why Yuuko answered Watanuki's question with "maybe" when he asked if it was a dream.
Finally Kohane stood up to her mother. Then again not really, but still a great pleasure to see someone stand up to her.

Then this chapter's biggest question is: What is Yuuko's wish? I have no idea what one of the world's strongest witches could possibly wish for, and unfortunately I doubt tht Clamp will answer our question next week.
 

myth0logy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 139 Discussion / Prediction Thread

Yuuko probably won't even tell her wish, and will most likely give a comment which will show Watanuki falling on his face with a "wtf!!" expression.

anybody know what that powder was that the mother threw? It didn't really look like it'd be a pepper, but at least it didn't look like it would eat Watanuki alive.
 

starwarsfan1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Syria
Re: Where to get xxxHOLIC?

Hello, I'm new here, I just finished Volume 8 (not in the website though). Do you know which chapter is tht begining of volume 9)?I gonna in the online reading anyhow Anyway, thanks for it (oh I see it's 97, so nevermind about the question)
 

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 139 Discussion / Prediction Thread

It's kind of amazing for Watanuki to be wondering what Yuuko wishes, because frankly, I didn't even think about it. What more to be thinking that in his condition.. Really, what WOULD Yuuko like? It's probably got something to do with the end of the series, when it will collaborate with the TRC ending..

And I thought it was hot water that the mother threw? That was really dangerous.. I'm so glad Kohane-chan stood up for Watanuki! Although she did look a bit scary.. Go Kohane-chan!

Oh I do hope Watanuki doesn't disappear from the world.. We need more people like him..

Next chappie please~ ^^
 

TSUBASA171

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

If you have spoilers for the next xxxHOLIC chapter feel free to post and discuss them in this thread only. We would like to avoid spoiling people who don't want to be spoiled by posting spoilers in discussion/prediction thread. Spoilers for next chapter can usually be found at Ashura-sama's livejournal.

If you find a spoiler there that hasn't been posted yet, feel free to do so.


Have fun discussing :amuse

~ ibra87
============================================================


Spoiller ahead :##################################################################
Black and white Mokonas in the cover.

After being splashed with boiling water by Kohane's mother, Watanuki is looked after at Yuuko's shop. What is that appeared inside the sleep that once more claimed him...!?

It was Sakura's soul. Floating in midair like a tennyo, she starts talking to Watanuki. (T/N: Tennin and tennyo.)
I can't do anything, but at least I'm allowed to worry. Because Fai (formerly Yuui) won't let me.

After revealing to Watanuki the details of the dream she saw.

Sakura: I ended up doing nothing but making "Shaoran"-kun sad...
Watanuki: If I'm similar to "Shaoran"-kun, I think he'd like you to say the truth.

However, the subject of parents is touched in the conversation, and Watanuki cannot remember.
Similarly, he is surrounded by Shaoran's figure. Something is murmured as he blacks out.

He is returned to the real world.

Doumeki: ... You, come back. Come back and quickly go to sleep.
Watanuki: ... Doumeki... I... don't know... my father's and my mother's names...

The words "don't disappear" that were raised, the parents' names that he cannot remember. The deepening enigma, the endless illusion, where will they lure Watanuki!?


Font: http://www.tsubasachronicle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5081


http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xxxholic01c0203ye6.png

I don't understand.... this isn't the Clow's staff? So, XXXHolic is happening before Cardcaptors? Because this staff does belong to Clow, doesn't?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

rose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
79
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
United States

TSUBASA171

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Thanks!!! You really help me with this doubt !!!


People in the web says: maybe Watanuki is Eriol's son...
Yuuko says: In Nihon, a Shaoran and Sakura are alive, too.
When them cross dimensions, Kuro find two diferent Tomoyos... But none of them find a replica of them own... In almost all dimensions they find the "same people, but with diferent lives" ( at least the same soul...) I don't know if I make me clear...Oh my God Clamp is killing me +_+
 
Last edited:

mokney

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 2, 2007
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 139 Discussion / Prediction Thread

would be a real kick in the pants if her wish has something to do with watanuki...
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 139 Discussion / Prediction Thread

would be a real kick in the pants if her wish has something to do with watanuki...
I think it's just like Imotochan said, it has something to do with the end so I'm sure it Watanuki is involved. And the shop is probably a tool to fulfill that wish.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is out, so go get it at the downloads and releases HERE.

Read through it and come back here to discuss amongst yourselves the events of the chapter and what you think will happen next.

Enjoy :D
 

TSUBASA171

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

I still think Watanuki is Clow... Clow and Yuuko, both of them made something to try to protect Sakura and Shaoran... perhaps this consume a great energy power of him...I imagine that, a way to conect cardcaptors and tsubasa: in xxx holic's world he and yuuko cast a sort of spell, i don't know.... suppose, he comes back to Cardcaptors' world had that dialogue with Kero and Yue about his death, lock the book and and split his soul... That action is the beging to Sakura's dad and Eriol...and maybe for Watanuki...
This is just a theory... That's why Yuuko protects Watanuki so much.
2 questions: 1- why none of "the feathers hunters" found a copy of yours in anywhere? Kuro found 2 diferent Tomoyo s for example... 2- Watanuki said in one of chapter: "Yuuko said that here live one Sakura and one Shaoran too... I hope can I meet them ... (or something like this...) perhaps they are from Card captors. (Nihon is Nihon, and is the same time, i think) But I really think: Exists just one Yuuko and one Clow (and he splits his soul)
 

Deien

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

I'm just interested to see if she says anything about her wish in the next chapter.
 

DulceDream

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Russian Federation
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Sorry?but can anyone say when every chapters of xxxHolic are go out?
 

Mirri

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

Well, after reading Tsubasa's post and reading 140, the emphasis on Watanuki's parents makes me believe that he -may- be Yuuko's son, but that's just a wild guess. I really haven't put too much thought in to it, I like to just read the chapters and be surprised.
 

zerocharisma

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
146
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

What if that's a piece of fluorite instead of an egg Doumeki has? How would that affect what might happen to Watanuki?

z.
 

TsubasaCrazy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

Watanuki can't remember his parents. Make u wonder is he special like the clone Syaroan. He as to be a real person cause that would really suck and Clamp is just having funny with us all.


What if that's a piece of fluorite instead of an egg Doumeki has? How would that affect what might happen to Watanuki?

z.
they look similar.
 
Last edited:

jenova

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

I wonder who or what watanuki really is. For twice he was warned by someone not to disappear or something. I think that he might be some form of creation through magic, rather than a real human. Reminds me of Yue somehow(who would disappear when sakura's magic wane)though I doubt Watanuki's case is similar.
 

TSUBASA171

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

I wonder who or what watanuki really is. For twice he was warned by someone not to disappear or something. I think that he might be some form of creation through magic, rather than a real human. Reminds me of Yue somehow(who would disappear when sakura's magic wane)though I doubt Watanuki's case is similar.
I think he is Clow...perhaps he and Yuuko planned all this...or at leas had visions about all the story, FWR, Shaoran, Sakura.... At least, we have 2 Clow s...Sakura's daddy and The one who created Kero and Yue...right? Sakura and Shaoran aren't relatives. Maybe, Eriol and Sakura's father (cardcaptors) are the one who created the book, cards... And Watanuki is Clow for the other dimension. Yuuko protects Watanuki because of that...
One question of a 10000: Why does Yuuko has the shop? Is it a punnishment to her? Think: see all this fight and sadness and can't do nothing about it, or choose some ways and make someone sad (Kuro)...I don't know
 

Deien

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 140 Discussion / Prediction Thread

I don't think its a punishment for Yuuko, things are fated to happen after all, so its part of her fate to be who she is and do what she does. I've given up hope of complete understanding, as I was lost on Cardcaptor things @_@, but I think we'll get a better understanding of just how Yuuko came to be.
 
Top