Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

About the theory of which CSS Syaoran and CSS sakura would be in piffle and about that page you showed us. I checked in the real book (mine is in french). What shw said basically translate to : "The way they pilot there machine reflect very well their personnality". I think it make more sense or it could be a mistake of translation, but I don't think so.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

While xxxHolic and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle are intimately interwined, they are still two separate manga and exist in two separate boards here at MH. This thread should be used for discussion of the current events in the xxxHolic chapter.

References (that do not include spoilers for the latest chapter of TRC) may be mentioned as relevant to the events of xxxHolic, but the rest needs to be taken to the TRC board. (If you would like to refer to an event that has happened in a most recent chapter of another manga like TRC, you should put the information in spoiler tags so as not to spoil those users who do not read both xxxHolic and TRC, and they do exist.)

The theories about Piffle and the other worlds are interesting, but these should be taken to the other board.

Further off-topic posts will be deleted.
 

Tagaticco

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Hello everyone,
It's been a while i watch this site and forum and i've decided to join this wonderful community :)

I Follow both Holic and Tsubasa and i hope we could discuss together this wonderful CLAMP Work :)

Just wanted to post this preview of the next xxxHolic Chapter that i've found around...Sigh :-(


VERY BIG SPOILER BEWARE !


http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8947/holicprev.gif

I really Hate you clamp T_T
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

CCCCCCCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!


Tagaticco, welcome to this lovely madhouse of TRC and Holic and thanks for the spolier
 
Last edited:

Tagaticco

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

CCCCCCCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!
<hr noshade size="1">
Tagaticco, welcome to this lovely madhouse of TRC and Holic and thanks for the spolier
Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm sorry though that my arrive here coincide with the parting of
"you know who"

<.< I still hope it's not all lost......
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

NO


The post I want to write, I can't. Because I'd get kicked off the forum.
 
Last edited:

Sush

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Hah?

Why are you so nervous?

This happened once already in a Holic chapter...so possibly it is not SO bad yet...xD
Am I too positive? XDDD
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

YES YOU ARE! Better get ready to post "Stop all the clocks" soon. Gulp...
I said that I will do that when the sad, tragic, terryfing, goes-to- Clamp-studio-with-a-sword-and-my-UNDYING PASSION-for-Yuko-day comes. Gulp again...
 

Sush

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

You´re too sweet Lady Sakura-chan! :D

It seems that she´s disappearing, but to my way of thinking Watanuki is too quiet for that...and then he speaks so easily (but serious) with Doumeki..xD

In Ireland, it was believed that black butterflies were the souls of the dead, who were forced to wander the earth because they couldn't find their way to the Afterlife. xD
There are many various meanings of butterflies, but they all have similar meanings or discribe Yukos character very good...
 
Last edited:

KaNx

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
8,050
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Mauritius
xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

The new chapter is out, you can grab it here.

When you're done, discuss it here and predict what the next one's going to be all about :)
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

That was a great chapter!!! Did people notice on page 1 that the background was breaking up into glass just like in TRC? Is that symbolic? or something more?

I guess that Maru and Moro have dissolved their bodies in the shop because they used up all thier energy to protect it. And i think that Yuuko is stuck in the dream world or something, judging from the end of TRC chapter 214. But where is Mokona? Mokona has always been near Watanuki these last ten chapters or so that i wasn't expecting Mokona to disapear as well. Plus i though Mokona is there for Watanuki's sake like the other Mokona in TRC is there for Shaoran.

Oh well, these are just my theories anyway. Looking forward to next chapter!!
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

Where did Yuko go? Perhaps to Butt-chin`s place. O my god...hope Yuko is gonna kick his butt...
 

Tagaticco

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

If Yuuko went to join the TRC group...i really think she will never come back to watanuki :scry

Being saved from death by shaoran choice..just for living enough to get stabbed by Fei Wang Reed <.<
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Lady Sakura-chan (my 100th post goes out to you!!!). To me 'Stop All The Clocks' is a declaration of the death of all hope. Only post it if there is no mad crazy corner of your heart that believes Yuuko is alive no matter what Clamp or anyone else says.
 
Last edited:

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

I really doubt Yuuko is ever gonna fight FWR. First, because she is too powerful, second because it's not within her area of intervention. She said it before, she cannot do anything herself because she must always get compensation. I think the reason she trained Watanuki is that on the "day that must come" it will be him who will have to act.
 

finalnight

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

Woah...did they just take out sakura and/or Yuuko? Lots of shared imagery between the two series.
 

Kazu-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Recent Manga Storyline and Tsubasa Chronicles

Do the timelines of the two manga run concurrently? Meaning if one week an event happens in Tsubasa Chronicles, it is presumed to have happened in xxxHolic, even if it isn't mentioned in both?
Something like that. The 2 stories run simulataniously, but are both stand-alones that cross into each other.

Think of it like this. Usually when something that happens in TRC converges into xxxholic territory, there's usually a xxholic chapter that will tie up the loose ends.
 

Beav58

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 26, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

I honestly feel it was a life for a life in a way. Since what happened in TRC happened, in order to preserve the world as it is, she has to let her life go in exchange for Sakura's. Especially with the butterflies and the petals (the symbol for Sakura most of the TRC series). I don't know... I just don't think we will see her again outside of maybe a memory with the earring from Mokona.

Furthermore, everything she had collected was to pay for her wish to let her life be taken in exchange for Sakura's and to allow Watanuki a chance for his own life. To me, it fully explains why all those memories and artifacts had to be taken, so there would be no lose ends. Even more so, it explains why in the previous chapters Watanuki was starting to focus on Yuko's wish... as a precursor for this, to help him understand.

As for Watanuki, I think everything Yuko was trying to teach him was to prepare for the day she would no longer be there. That's why it is so important for him to continue on her work in a way. I am not sure of the significance of the lady who wanted to learn to cook though... I am sure something will come from that.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

I don't think we've said goodbye enough to Yuko for her to have just disappeared already. I'd say we will see her again. She's not even nearly finished yet; we still know absolutely nothing about her. Well, a very little bit.
 

Beav58

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 26, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread

True, we don't know much about her and I imagine we will find out. But I don't think it has to be at the words of Yuko herself. It would take away from the mystery of her character. But I imagine we will find out her story through other means. For example, the earnings on the Mokona's, especially the one in Holic was used as a recording of memories. I imagine that is where we will find out about Yuko's past. I believe this is how Watanuki and gang will find out.

As for her past itself, I believe that every price she asked for was to gain as much power/luck to be able to allow these dreams to exist. Everything will play its role, just as every person. The question, I am most curious about, is how will some of these things happen. Like Himawari getting her luck back. I imagine it was no coincidence that the Sakrua clone in TRC had her luck given as a price for Yuko. As well as Domeki having to protect the egg.

I don't know, I guess I just think Yuko will play a mysterious role until she is no longer there. And everything she was teaching Watanuki is to prepare him for that and make all their wishes possible. So the dream of Watanuki to not disappear would come true.
 
Top